HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

A big one...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hermit

Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: A big one...   Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:48 pm

Big Gator killed in Sulphur

Posted: Oct 11, 2010 8:40 PM CDT

Big Gator killed in Sulphur

KPLC 7 News Now
By Adam Hooper

SULPHUR, LA (KPLC) - Rodney Duhon said after an alligator, that had been living in a bayou in his backyard for years, attacked his dog, he knew something had to be done. Rodney along with a friend managed to shoot the gator. It took a tractor to drag the 800 lb., 13' 2" gator from the bayou.

The whole family decided to join in on the process. As it turns out the backyard gator is setting some records this year.

" They tell us we got the biggest one in Louisiana, as of this year. I am sure there are some bigger ones, but we got the biggest one right now," said Rodney Duhon.

Rodney brought the big gator's corpse to Steve German's taxidermy shop. He is giving each of his grandchildren a claw, and plans to mount the head on his wall.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
beebiz

Registration date : 2010-09-12

PostSubject: Re: A big one...   Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:14 pm

That critter would make lots of boots, billfolds, belts and such. And, it would yield a truck load of alligator tail steaks... yum, yum!!! Wink

It would be nice if they had video of the whole thing... or, even part of it. I would be a great addition to the TV program, "Swamp People!"

Robert
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shootist51

Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: A big one...   Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:48 pm

Years ago I was a travel agent and had a couple of clients that were hunters. After setting them up on a 30 day trip to Alaska, one of the fellows came home, sold all his stuff and took his wife back up there to live.

The other gent continued with me and after setting him up on several hunts, both foriegn and domestic, he stopped in one afternoon. As we shared a cup of coffee, he mentioned that he had read that the state of Louisiana had opened a gator season and wondered what the possibility of getting a tag as an out of state hunter was.

We did a bit of digging and after contacting the Department of Natural resources in Louisiana we were informed that it was indeed posssible to take a gator, but that it would have to be taken on a liscensed trappers permit. After procuring several names and phone numbers of reputable individuals, we started calling around and finally made contact with a gent with a pronounced cajun accent.

My client asked just what the procedure was in hunting gators. The fellow informed us that" it's jus lak runnin a trot lan."

The process required baiting "a big dam hook wit aboot a haf a nutria" throwing it all in the water and checking it later. "Den you come back, yank de gator up an shoot em in de hed."

My friend allowed as this really didn't seem very sporting, was it posssible to sport it up a bit?

The response was, "Waaal, I reckon I could tro it ina boat din let you shoot im" lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
beebiz

Registration date : 2010-09-12

PostSubject: Re: A big one...   Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:08 am

Soun jes lak sumpin day'd say tu!!!

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thedeep

Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: A big one...   Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:39 am

Bet those guys on "Swamp People" are pissed that some amateur beat them!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

A big one...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: