HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Request for input

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Joseph76

Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Request for input   Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:22 pm

phone contact, i believe, would negatively affect your business. Nowadays, many people like to communicate via email. I email 30-40 people a day; if I had to call them, I'd probably cut half of them out, or more.

that said, it's nice to talk over the phone sometimes. Another problem I see... you are going to be spending a lot of time on the phone. Phone conversations generally last longer than emails. But! when I talk to someone on the phone, I usually feel I know them better and the relationship feels stronger.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Joseph76

Registration date : 2008-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Request for input   Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:23 pm

Yak wrote:
Since probably 90% of the pipe world logs in to either BoB or Smokers Forums (or both), why not have them PM you ? Messages get through, are archived (presumably) until the job's finished (message[s] deletable), & no spam to filter at all.

What a Face

PS : I'm among the relieved here.

I would say the number is reversed, at best!

The majority of pipe smokers and collectors don't even know the forums exist.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Request for input   Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:45 pm

I'd say the majority of pipe smokers don't know the diff between PA and GH&co blends...

Contrary to what we falsely fall into believing WE, the forum hounds, are a small minute minority...
Kinda like phone modding, I see a guy with a Android OS'ed device I wrongly assume he is a hacker/cracker/modder.. 99 times out of 100 they can't even tell you what version they are on.. Or PC's.. Anyone know what Video card they have? who made their harddrive? what motherboard they have?? Few..

Piping is no different..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hermit

Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Request for input   Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:45 pm

puros_bran wrote:
I'd say the majority of pipe smokers don't know the diff between PA and GH&co blends...

Contrary to what we falsely fall into believing WE, the forum hounds, are a small minute minority...
Kinda like phone modding, I see a guy with a Android OS'ed device I wrongly assume he is a hacker/cracker/modder.. 99 times out of 100 they can't even tell you what version they are on.. Or PC's.. Anyone know what Video card they have? who made their harddrive? what motherboard they have?? Few..

Piping is no different..

We are the connoisseur elite. lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
beebiz

Registration date : 2010-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Request for input   Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:27 pm

Hey... I know my HD is a 60 GB Seagate!!! One outta three ain't bad, is it??? What a Face

Robert
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Request for input
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2