HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Thank you to my brother Falconer!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
beebiz

Registration date : 2010-09-12

PostSubject: Thank you to my brother Falconer!!!!   Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:13 pm

The other day, I commented on a print that Falconer sent to one of the brothers. Afterward, Falconer told me that he had some drawings of some old steam engines... if I were interested. After assuring him that I was and him sharing a few pics of some of his drawings, he told me that he would like to send me a few prints of some of his drawings. And, that is exactly what he did.

On the computer, I could tell that he was quite a talented chap! But, what I saw on the computer screen paled horribly in comparison to the prints that he sent me. Ole Valky is one Hell of a talented artist!!! And, he has an excellent eye for detail!!

I showed the prints to Linda and told her who they came from. After commenting on Valky's talent, she said, 'We'll have to frame those!" I thought, "Duuuuuhhhh!!"

I thank you for your kind and generous gift, Valky!!! It will probably be after Christmas before we can afford to do it, but Linda and I will be framing the prints and hanging them in our living room!!! We've already got the spot picked out!

Though these do not even begin to do the prints the justice they deserve, here are pics of them:

Thank you again from the bottom of my heart, brother Falconer!! You are a credit to the brotherhood, sir!!
cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Robert
Back to top Go down
View user profile
St Fiacre

Registration date : 2010-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Thank you to my brother Falconer!!!!   Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:21 pm

Those are awesome Valky and great for you Robert those are simply wonderful looking prints I hope you get them hung soon. Falconer is certainly a credit to us all. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Muddler

Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Thank you to my brother Falconer!!!!   Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:14 pm

Wow, those are great! Now let's see a REAL piece of machinery - a S&W model 29! Or even better, a Ruger no1.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Falconer

Registration date : 2010-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Thank you to my brother Falconer!!!!   Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:23 pm

Muddler wrote:
Wow, those are great! Now let's see a REAL piece of machinery - a S&W model 29! Or even better, a Ruger no1.

How about a Blackhawk? I did one of those back years ago. I'll see if I can find it. Also I had a No.1 in 6MM. Wish I'd never let it go! Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Thank you to my brother Falconer!!!!   Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:36 pm

Railroad pics look fantabulous.. kudos!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Muddler

Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Thank you to my brother Falconer!!!!   Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:38 pm

Blackhawks are great revolvers - never owned one though. I have two no.1's - in 7X57 & 375 H&H - both brilliant rifles. I can understand your sense of loss. I've yet to sell a firearm & not regret it later.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Falconer

PostSubject: Re: Thank you to my brother Falconer!!!!   Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:40 pm

puros_bran wrote:
Railroad pics look fantabulous.. kudos!!!!

What the Goshawk isn't good enough for ya? lol! of course I guess when it comes to birds you are more of an expert! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: Thank you to my brother Falconer!!!!   Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:45 pm

No, I dont have much interest in birds.. I love railroad stuff... visited the Rail Museum up in Walton Ky a couple dozen times, participate on a Rail road round table on ham radio, collect old rail road 'pipe' wrenchs, hang railroad cut outs on my walls, and always sleep better when theres a rail nearby so I can hear that lonesome whistle blow.. Just commenting on what caught my eye.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Falconer

PostSubject: Re: Thank you to my brother Falconer!!!!   Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:54 pm

puros_bran wrote:
No, I dont have much interest in birds.. I love railroad stuff... visited the Rail Museum up in Walton Ky a couple dozen times, participate on a Rail road round table on ham radio, collect old rail road 'pipe' wrenchs, hang railroad cut outs on my walls, and always sleep better when theres a rail nearby so I can hear that lonesome whistle blow.. Just commenting on what caught my eye.

Yeah, I've always been facinated and around trains. We have one come through my town every 20 minutres. I think it is a very comforting sound and gives a feeling of peacefulness. My goal is when I retire (if ever) is to go around the country and do drawings of the surviving steam engines and possibly put out a book on them with their history.

I was just giving you 'the business' from your avatar pic. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
beebiz

PostSubject: Re: Thank you to my brother Falconer!!!!   Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:05 am

You certainly have the talent to realize your retirement aspirations, Valky!! Linda and I love the prints that you sent us. And, we can hardly wait to get them framed and displayed for others to see!!

Robert
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: Thank you to my brother Falconer!!!!   Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:07 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nitschke066

Registration date : 2010-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Thank you to my brother Falconer!!!!   Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:25 am

As always Valky, fantastic work. Congrats Robert!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bluedigital

Registration date : 2010-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Thank you to my brother Falconer!!!!   Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:05 am

Valky, you are truly talented my man! I am sure BB will be giving those pride of place. Well done cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.deanswanepoel.com
Cody V

PostSubject: Re: Thank you to my brother Falconer!!!!   Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:30 am

Very nice, Valky! I love figural, and schematic drawings. I have schematic tattoo on my upper arm Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Falconer

PostSubject: Re: Thank you to my brother Falconer!!!!   Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:48 am

Cody V wrote:
Very nice, Valky! I love figural, and schematic drawings. I have schematic tattoo on my upper arm Very Happy

Okay now that you've brought it up you know we have to see it! Very Happy
And you have my permission to add any of these to the other arm. lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cody V

PostSubject: Re: Thank you to my brother Falconer!!!!   Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:02 am

Falconer wrote:
Cody V wrote:

Okay now that you've brought it up you know we have to see it! Very Happy
And you have my permission to add any of these to the other arm. lol!

I will gladly do so, but you must wait until tuesday evening or wednesday, as I am on vacation. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bruins

Registration date : 2010-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Thank you to my brother Falconer!!!!   Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:21 am

very nice work valky. your quite the talented bugger! (i gravitate more towards the hawk pic.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
velveteagle

Registration date : 2010-07-13

PostSubject: Thank you to my brother Falconer!!!!    Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:50 pm

Love history and art Valky.. Back when they were made to last and we took care of our own first... cheers
Wonderful art too ...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.redbubble.com/people/velveteagle
DoverPipes

Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Thank you to my brother Falconer!!!!   Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:18 pm

Valky, some fine work indeed! cheers cheers cheers
I see another weapons thread........
Still waiting for the Mods to add it to the "Miscellaneous Hobbies Section"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Falconer

PostSubject: Re: Thank you to my brother Falconer!!!!   Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:55 pm

Thanks for all the praise guys but also keep in mind I created those back in the 80's. (In my prime) I no longer have the eyes or steady hand like I did back then. Plus I'm sure I had more patience! I only wish I'd done more back then but unlike today I didn't have much free time. Oh well, I can still sculpt. I should get back into it. It's been about a year since I broke out the clay.

thanks again Beebiz, you took much better pictures of them than I can.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
beebiz

PostSubject: Re: Thank you to my brother Falconer!!!!   Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:13 pm

Falconer wrote:
thanks again Beebiz, you took much better pictures of them than I can.
No problem, Valky! It's easy to take good photos of artwork that is the quality that yours is!! Thank you again for the prints!!

Robert
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smokin' Blues

Registration date : 2009-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Thank you to my brother Falconer!!!!   Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:53 pm

Wonderful artwork Valky, Congrats on the prints Beebiz!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mark
Admin

Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Thank you to my brother Falconer!!!!   Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:05 pm

Great work,,can almost smell the grease and smoke,,,I'm always fascinated by the old machinery, the guys that built them were geniuses,,,that parchment colored paper really gives it the old time antique feel,,,you have a gift,,,

Sometimes I wake up grumpy. Other times I let her sleep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
beebiz

PostSubject: Re: Thank you to my brother Falconer!!!!   Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:33 pm

Thanks, NS!

Mark, that's exactly what Linda and I thought!

Robert
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Thank you to my brother Falconer!!!!   Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:59 am

Good on you brother Dutch
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>BUT<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
to throw a spanner in the works!!!!!!!
Have you guys seen Valky's sculptures!!!!!! WOW a true talent and a good friend indeed, Kudo's bro!!!!
His 3d works are as good as his illustrations. the man is a wizard! cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down

Thank you to my brother Falconer!!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: