HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

What I learned today.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: What I learned today.   Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:47 pm

Your code is easier to read than someone else's code.

Statusbar is not located in /system/system... in fact statusbar is not called statusbar or any derivative, Statusbar is called framework_res.apk and ironically enoughis under /system /system /framework.....

[ does not equal {
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: What I learned today.   Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:49 pm

Oh yeah... I also learned how to code a bargraph into a statusbar for memory usage stats.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
beebiz

Registration date : 2010-09-12

PostSubject: Re: What I learned today.   Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:06 pm

Way to go, brother PB! We should never get too old to learn something new! My 99 year old, bed ridden, step great-grandmother taught me that one... many years ago!

Robert
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slow Puffs
Resident Sportscaster

PostSubject: Re: What I learned today.   Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:03 pm

What I learnt.... I'm obsessed with Fantasy Hockey... I've used up a third of my waiver options in less than two weeks Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bruins

Registration date : 2010-08-25

PostSubject: Re: What I learned today.   Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:29 pm

Slow Puffs wrote:
What I learnt.... I'm obsessed with Fantasy Hockey... I've used up a third of my waiver options in less than two weeks Sad

finally! a BoB who likes hockey. go bruins! go blackhawks! go (whoever slow puffs likes)!

i learned today that you can have too much compression...and that a nice bowl of escudo solves many things.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lupulus

Registration date : 2010-08-18

PostSubject: Re: What I learned today.   Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:48 pm

Today I learned that the rough draft of my project that I thought was due tomorrow was actually due last week wednesday. I wrote it up and turned it in as quick as I could. I wrote the due date on the wrong day on my calendar, now I have to pray that my professor won't dock me too much for turning it in almost a week late.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What I learned today.   Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:07 pm

Don't mention BlackHawks! If I hear anymore about that the rest of this week, it will be too much!

Not you guys fault. Illinois is the Land of Vanity plates. Guess what the newest one is? Yep! Drives me crazy.

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nitschke066

Registration date : 2010-04-27

PostSubject: Re: What I learned today.   Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:25 pm

bruins wrote:

finally! a BoB who likes hockey. go bruins! go blackhawks! go (whoever slow puffs likes)!
Going to see the Wings take on the Ducks this Saturday. Can't wait! Also a Bruins fan, my friend! Oh...and I learned that sometimes for no good reason, Schneider trucks like to lay down and take a nap in the middle of US-30 Suspect
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Falconer

Registration date : 2010-06-12

PostSubject: Re: What I learned today.   Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:36 pm

I learned that 3 sanchos for lunch with beans on the side at Carlos O'kellys is too much for me. It kinda lays low with you for the rest of the afternoon. A Coors remedied that once I got home. Errp! excuse me, guess I'd better have another. Or better yet a good ole glass of Forty creek. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bruins

PostSubject: Re: What I learned today.   Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:36 pm

Nitschke066 wrote:
bruins wrote:

Going to see the Wings take on the Ducks this Saturday. Can't wait! Also a Bruins fan, my friend! Oh...and I learned that sometimes for no good reason, Schneider trucks like to lay down and take a nap in the middle of US-30 Suspect

alright, all the hockey fans are coming out! bruins are taking the capitols right now. 3-1! nitschke066, am jealous, bro! i'm gonna go for the wings on that one. have a blast!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
happypipester

Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: What I learned today.   Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:14 pm

Well, I started learning Sitting on the Dock of the Bay on guitar today, I learned I probably coulda/shoulda been in college earlier, but I also reminded myself of something I learned years ago, everything happens for a reason. If I had gotten in earlier, I probably wouldn't have gotten to say goodbye to my mom in person. Her passing has helped me learn nothing is forever, you can't put off life for tomorrow, because tomorrow isn't a given, it's a gift.

A lot of ongoing learning happening in my life.. now it's time to listen to Townes Van Zandt and perhaps some Leonard Cohen, and ponder life over a pipe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Falconer

Registration date : 2010-06-12

PostSubject: Re: What I learned today.   Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:40 pm

happypipester wrote:
Well, I started learning Sitting on the Dock of the Bay on guitar today, I learned I probably coulda/shoulda been in college earlier, but I also reminded myself of something I learned years ago, everything happens for a reason. If I had gotten in earlier, I probably wouldn't have gotten to say goodbye to my mom in person. Her passing has helped me learn nothing is forever, you can't put off life for tomorrow, because tomorrow isn't a given, it's a gift.

A lot of ongoing learning happening in my life.. now it's time to listen to Townes Van Zandt and perhaps some Leonard Cohen, and ponder life over a pipe.

sorry to hear of your mom's passing at such a young age for you. I pray you'll be blessed with loving memories in the years ahead. Life is truly a gift. How we live it is solely our responsibility.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
happypipester

Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: What I learned today.   Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:49 am

Amen Valky, amen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: What I learned today.   Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:54 am

Happy... don't ponder to much... you'll become an old man before your time.

The day is very early.. only one he forty minutes old, but I already learned something ...
Two framework_Res.apk in your ROM causes less damage than no framework _Res.apk..
lol

You'd think conflicting commands would screw with the CPU way more than no command, but it ain't so. With no command every dependancy goes into an endless loop, with two commands it just uses the one present at boot... I am tempted to boot with both present just to see what happens.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trout Bum

Registration date : 2008-09-11

PostSubject: Re: What I learned today.   Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:07 am

I have a little secret:

I too am a fantasy hockey geek. (Currently in pole position out of eleven in my league!)

Now that I am nursing a broken wing, I will be sitting out most of this season as far as playing goes. I don't play in a checking league, but it gets pretty physical anyways. Dag nab it! Maybe some pick-up this spring, depending on my how my arm feels. Oh well...

Hockey fans will like this one... the name of my fantasy team:

The Cup Checkers

Hmm... as far as what I learned today.... uhmm, wait.... ya, already knew that... let's see... oh! Never, ever, tease the dog when you are naked.

Last edited by Trout Bum on Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:12 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : addendum)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
beebiz

PostSubject: Re: What I learned today.   Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:00 am

Happypipester, I too am so sorry for the loss of you mother. I am fortunate enough to still have mine... and my daddy too. Though I know I will be faced with it some day, I cannot imagine life without either of them!! My heart breaks for you... and, my prayers are offered for you, my brother!! Wink

Trout Bum wrote:
Hmm... as far as what I learned today.... uhmm, wait.... ya, already knew that... let's see... oh! Never, ever, tease the dog when you are naked.
lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

OMG at the mental picture I got from that!!!!
lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Today, I learned that when it comes to family, the words "forever" and "never" are not necessarily as everlasting as their "normal" definitions may infer. My 21 year old son who has had no contact with me in over two years... and, vehemently vowed to "never" have anything to do with me for the rest of his life... emailed me!! And, it would actually appear that he is straightening himself and his life up!!

I've also learned that I am the granddaddy to this beautiful little blue eyed angel named Jessie:

And, in Mid May 2011, I will be a granddaddy again!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy May God guide my footsteps in such a way that they always lead theirs down the proper pathway.

I don't care to go into the sorted details. But, I would ask that you, my brothers, keep him, his family and our relationship in your thoughts and prayers!

Robert
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bluedigital

Registration date : 2010-09-07

PostSubject: Re: What I learned today.   Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:33 am

Beautiful Grand daughter you have there Beebz, cherish her and your son. Family is so very important and sometimes we only realize that when it's too late. Never and forever are both relative terms and your connectedness to your son is enshrined in both the physical vessel that serves as your mundane vehicle in this life as well as your spirit, however you may perceive that to be.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.deanswanepoel.com
beebiz

PostSubject: Re: What I learned today.   Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:43 am

bluedigital wrote:
Beautiful Grand daughter you have there Beebz, cherish her and your son. Family is so very important and sometimes we only realize that when it's too late. Never and forever are both relative terms and your connectedness to your son is enshrined in both the physical vessel that serves as your mundane vehicle in this life as well as your spirit, however you may conceive that to be.
Thank you kindly, BD! That was both beautifully and eloquently stated! You are a deep vessel... with a kind and beautiful soul, my brother!! I salute you!!!!!
cheers cheers cheers

Robert
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bruins

PostSubject: Re: What I learned today.   Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:03 am

Trout Bum wrote:
Never, ever, tease the dog when you are naked.

what did you do? offer him a bone? Very Happy

beautiful granddaughter beebiz. looks like she lucked out and got her looks from somewhere other than grandpa! ha!

Last edited by bruins on Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nitschke066

Registration date : 2010-04-27

PostSubject: Re: What I learned today.   Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:17 am

bruins wrote:
Trout Bum wrote:
Never, ever, tease the dog when you are naked.

what did you do? offer him a bone? Very Happy
Now that's freakin' funny! lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Muddler

Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: What I learned today.   Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:16 am

Robert, I'm so pleased there has been some reconciliation with your son. You have a beautiful granddaughter - congratulations!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
beebiz

PostSubject: Re: What I learned today.   Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:22 am

Muddler wrote:
Robert, I'm so pleased there has been some reconciliation with your son. You have a beautiful granddaughter - congratulations!
Thank you, my South African brother!!! I think she's a doll!! But, I might be just a tad prejudice!!! Embarassed Embarassed

Robert
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: What I learned today.   Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:13 am

WILT :
Barrons wrote:
The official unemployment rate held steady at 9.6%, but the so-called underemployment rate, which includes labor-force dropouts and part-timers who would rather have a full-time job, surged to 17.1% from 16.7%. John Williams of Shadow Government Statistics—whose call for a negative payrolls number cited here was right on the money—further adjusts the underemployment rate to count folks who have been out of the labor force a year, who don't get counted among "discouraged workers" by the government. By his tally, true underemployment hit 22.5% in September, up from 22% in August, and a new high for the cycle but not one to crow over.

http://online.barrons.com/article/SB50001424052970203989704575532303860728596.html

What a Face
Back to top Go down
Muddler

Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: What I learned today.   Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:28 am

That really is not good news to learn today! The SA official unemployment rate is around 25% but the true number is definitely much higher. Part of the problem is that a lack of basic skills make millions of these functionally unemployable. Another problem will be the half-million school leavers entering the job market next year with no new jobs being available.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: What I learned today.   Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:07 am

Muddler wrote:

Ditto that, she is really beautiful Rob,
Mudd, I saw these stats first hand this week bro!!!!! scary!!
Back to top Go down

What I learned today.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next