HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

A Smoke in Celebration! 2009 - 2010!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: A Smoke in Celebration! 2009 - 2010!   Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:08 pm

So,
A while ago, being a Pete Collector, Mudd informed me that he was ordering the 2010 Poy for his collection. He wanted to know if I was in. I thought it would be a good idea but was not good for that load of cash at the time so I declined.
Mudd decided that we should both have one in celebration of our friendship as 2010 was the year I really cut my Pipe wings and we became good friends.
Mudd went ahead and ordered two with the deal that I would pay him back as soon as I had made some cash after my show!!!
Well they arrived a month ago and we decided to smoke them today as it is exactly a year since I met Mudd on the 24 th of October 2009 when he asked me to do some pipe repair for him............

What an afternoon we had!
We also smoked some of Gandalf's 100 year old baccy in them to mark the occasion!!

I asked Mudd for his banking details today so that I could make good on our deal!
The Brother refuses to hand hand over any banking details as he said I gave him all my Pietenpauw pipes and that we are now square......... I think not. BTW, he also gave me a Beautiful Mastro Billiard and a 40 yr old GBD billiard that is a flake machine.
Now let me tell you guys.
I pay special tribute to Muddler today. He is a good friend, a tobacco genius and a man with a heart the size of the universe and to top it all he is one of the most skilled fisherman I have ever spent time on the river with.

I have learnt so much from him and value the refuse he offers me in his Den when I need a break from the craziness of the world.

Muddler, You are Saluted my good friend!!!

Here we are breaking in our new Pete 2010 Poy's in celebration.

Back to top Go down
bruins

Registration date : 2010-08-25

PostSubject: Re: A Smoke in Celebration! 2009 - 2010!   Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:13 pm

great guys, great story, great pic! it would take someone pretty special to match your heart, piet. sounds like muddler's the man! cheers cheers cheers

nice to know there's a few people like you in the world.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jhuggett
BoB's Pioneer & Founding Father

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: A Smoke in Celebration! 2009 - 2010!   Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:26 pm

Too cool guys!

"Freedom, Security, Convenience: Choose Two"
"For me, I will take freedom over security and I will take security over convenience." ~ Dan Geer
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.brothersofbriar.com
bluedigital

Registration date : 2010-09-07

PostSubject: Re: A Smoke in Celebration! 2009 - 2010!   Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:34 pm

You guys make me so proud! Wonderful friendship and big hearts. I have to pay tribute to both you and Mudd, Piet. Without you I would not have found the BoB and would not have experienced a sliver of the baccy you have gifted me to taste. I salute you and may your friendship continue to grow and strengthen with time
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.deanswanepoel.com
Muddler

Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: A Smoke in Celebration! 2009 - 2010!   Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:59 pm

Thanks Piet! Yes, it's been a great year of friendship. I think pipe smoking fosters unusually good friendships. I always look forward to what has become our regular Friday afternoon smoke-up & chat. It's a highlight of my week - a few hours of sanity. I know I don't need to mention your generosity - the brothers here have witnessed it time after time - you set the standard, boet. And the truth is - in all seriousness - that I am a rather average fly fisherman.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Falconer

Registration date : 2010-06-12

PostSubject: Re: A Smoke in Celebration! 2009 - 2010!   Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:03 pm

A couple handsome ones there! I mean the ones on the wall! lol! lol! lol!
Congats guys! It's been said, "if you want to have a friend then try being one."

Looks like Mudd and Dutch have figured that out. A couple of cool cat cat in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
beebiz

Registration date : 2010-09-12

PostSubject: Re: A Smoke in Celebration! 2009 - 2010!   Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:16 pm

Piet, Muddler... you are both the embodiment of friendship and brotherhood!! I stand in awe of your friendship, your hearts, and your unlimited generosity! If every human being on the face of the earth would wake up tomorrow morning and exhibit one tenth of one percent of the kindness and generosity toward their fellow man that the two of you exhibit on a daily basis, it would truly be a euphoric experience to exist on this, the third rock from the sun!! Your actions of brotherhood have touched not only each other, but me... and, countless others... in positive ways that you may never know! I thank each of you for your positive contribution to this world. And, I'm darn proud to count you as my brothers!!!

May each of your lives be long, happy, healthy, prosperous ones... filled with many hours of friendship shared over the very best of the best tobaccos!!!

In the US, we often honor the memory of our fallen military members with a 21 gun salute. I hereby honor your friendship with a 21 cheer salute!!!!!

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Blessings to you,
Robert
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Falconer

PostSubject: Re: A Smoke in Celebration! 2009 - 2010!   Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:21 pm

Robert, that's exactly what I said, and with a few less vowels. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
beebiz

Registration date : 2010-09-12

PostSubject: Re: A Smoke in Celebration! 2009 - 2010!   Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:32 pm

Falconer wrote:
In honor of these two fine brothers, I refuse to use this thread as a "squared circle" to do fisticuffs with you LP!!! Besides, it's not my fault that you lack the verbiage to properly convey your feelings and thoughts!!! tongue tongue tongue

Robert
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: A Smoke in Celebration! 2009 - 2010!   Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:38 pm

And authentic Human nature shows itself yet again. cheers cheers cheers

What a Face
Back to top Go down
Falconer

PostSubject: Re: A Smoke in Celebration! 2009 - 2010!   Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:40 pm

beebiz wrote:
Falconer wrote:
In honor of these two fine brothers, I refuse to use this thread as a "squared circle" to do fisticuffs with you LP!!! Besides, it's not my fault that you lack the verbiage to properly convey your feelings and thoughts!!! tongue tongue tongue

Robert

Darn! Mad Where's Bruin then? I'll go pick on him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DoverPipes

Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: A Smoke in Celebration! 2009 - 2010!   Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:52 pm

Once again a Brother comes through in a big way!
Cheers to you Muddler, Cheers to you Piet!!!! cheers cheers cheers
Class act all the way around.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Justpipes
The Duke

Location : Randolph County, NC If you don't know, you wouldn't understand.
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: A Smoke in Celebration! 2009 - 2010!   Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:12 pm

Muddler and Piet, you are both great brothers and you are both to be saluted!

Great show Muddler!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.practicegodspresence.com/

A Smoke in Celebration! 2009 - 2010!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1