HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 
 

 Tobacco you smoke only when in a certain mood?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
pipedirector

avatar

Age : 40
Location : Kansas
Registration date : 2010-10-21

PostSubject: Tobacco you smoke only when in a certain mood?   Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:30 pm

Anyone have a tobacco they keep around, but only smoke when they are in the right mood?

For me it's Escudo, which I enjoy alot, but only if I'm in the mood for it.

Matt
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Falconer

avatar

Age : 66
Location : this side of Wichita
Registration date : 2010-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Tobacco you smoke only when in a certain mood?   Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:55 pm

pipedirector wrote:
Anyone have a tobacco they keep around, but only smoke when they are in the right mood?

For me it's Escudo, which I enjoy alot, but only if I'm in the mood for it.

Matt

Me too Matt! Except I'm in the right mood everyday. Escudo is my fav. I do keep one around for that other mood I reckon. Balkan Sasieni. It's rare though that I smoke it.

Valky
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smokin' Blues

avatar

Age : 40
Location : Booneville, Kentucky
Registration date : 2009-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Tobacco you smoke only when in a certain mood?   Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:59 pm

I don't necessarily have one certain blend, but I have to be in the mood for anything containing Latakia. I don't dislike Latakia, but I can't smoke it all the time. Perique on the other hand............ cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pipedirector

avatar

Age : 40
Location : Kansas
Registration date : 2010-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Tobacco you smoke only when in a certain mood?   Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:25 pm

Escudo really hits the spot after a big evening meal, say pizza or pasta, or after a really hard day at work.

I'll deem it my "special" tobacco. Orientals I could smoke everyday, however.

Matt
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Muddler

avatar

Age : 61
Location : Pretoria, South Africa
Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Tobacco you smoke only when in a certain mood?   Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:52 pm

SG 1792 Flake. It's a mood I'm not in very often though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harlock999

avatar

Location : Los Angeles
Registration date : 2010-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Tobacco you smoke only when in a certain mood?   Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:01 am

I would have to be in an unusual mood to smoke Latakia, but if the mood were to strike, hopefully I would do it right by grabbing the biggest billiard I own, packing it full and smoking the heck out of it! pirat
Back to top Go down
View user profile
old_salt

avatar

Age : 66
Location : California Wine Country
Registration date : 2008-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Tobacco you smoke only when in a certain mood?   Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:13 pm

The heavier LAT blends would fall into this group; I can do EMP, Westminster on a daily basis, But Blends like
Star of The East, The Captain Earle series { Private Stock, Ten Russians etc }. I can only do 1 or 2 bowls a week.
Guess I'm a woosie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tim_Haggerty

avatar

Age : 57
Location : Pittsburgh
Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Now and again   Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:50 pm

Squadron Leader. I either love it or hate it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Tobacco you smoke only when in a certain mood?   Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:58 am

All rounder really.
Enjoy light English blends After dinner when it is cooler in deep dark Africa!!!!
Back to top Go down
bluedigital

avatar

Age : 47
Location : Cape Town, South Africa
Registration date : 2010-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Tobacco you smoke only when in a certain mood?   Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:04 am

SG Black XX Twist .... gotta be in the mood for that one! pale
Recommend having a full stomach and something on the side.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.deanswanepoel.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Tobacco you smoke only when in a certain mood?   Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:03 am

bluedigital wrote:
SG Black XX Twist .... gotta be in the mood for that one! pale
Recommend having a full stomach and something on the side.


lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! No Shizit bro! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Eric



Registration date : 2009-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Tobacco you smoke only when in a certain mood?   Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:32 am

SG Brown No. 4

Perhaps for those moments when I long to smoke beef wellington? Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hobie1dog

avatar

Age : 61
Location : Cornelius, NC
Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Tobacco you smoke only when in a certain mood?   Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:40 pm

I'm gonna buy some Escudo when I get back from vacation. It has very mixed reviews on tobacco review.com
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Tobacco you smoke only when in a certain mood?   Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:18 am

hobie1dog wrote:
I'm gonna buy some Escudo when I get back from vacation. It has very mixed reviews on tobacco review.com
Hobie, Escudo is a top notch Vaper bro, you can't go wrong!!
Enjoy!!
Back to top Go down
hobie1dog

avatar

Age : 61
Location : Cornelius, NC
Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Tobacco you smoke only when in a certain mood?   Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:15 pm

Piet Binsbergen wrote:
hobie1dog wrote:
I'm gonna buy some Escudo when I get back from vacation. It has very mixed reviews on tobacco review.com
Hobie, Escudo is a top notch Vaper bro, you can't go wrong!!
Enjoy!!

If I like Penzance, I should like Escudo?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Tobacco you smoke only when in a certain mood?   Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:23 pm

hobie1dog wrote:
Piet Binsbergen wrote:
hobie1dog wrote:
I'm gonna buy some Escudo when I get back from vacation. It has very mixed reviews on tobacco review.com
Hobie, Escudo is a top notch Vaper bro, you can't go wrong!!
Enjoy!!

If I like Penzance, I should like Escudo?

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
St Fiacre

avatar

Age : 25
Location : Crestline CA
Registration date : 2010-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Tobacco you smoke only when in a certain mood?   Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:07 am

New Smoker wrote:
I don't necessarily have one certain blend, but I have to be in the mood for anything containing Latakia. I don't dislike Latakia, but I can't smoke it all the time. Perique on the other hand............ cheers

I am exactly the same way, then again I think others have the same thing with latakia.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Tobacco you smoke only when in a certain mood?   Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:19 pm

St Fiacre wrote:
New Smoker wrote:
I don't necessarily have one certain blend, but I have to be in the mood for anything containing Latakia. I don't dislike Latakia, but I can't smoke it all the time. Perique on the other hand............ cheers

I am exactly the same way, then again I think others have the same thing with latakia.
I was the same till I discovered, Chelsea morn, Plantation eve, Am pipe and Red Rap. all light englishes. I reserved Lat blends mainly for winter but find myself smoking the stuff at least one a day!!
Back to top Go down
KevinP

avatar

Registration date : 2011-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Tobacco you smoke only when in a certain mood?   Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:20 pm

Not a mood per se, but I generally only smoke flakes in the fall, and maybe into the winter if I haven't finished the tin. It's rare that I will want a flake in the spring or summer, but they're just so autumnal that I have to have them then.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Patrick



Age : 29
Location : Alaska
Registration date : 2010-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Tobacco you smoke only when in a certain mood?   Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:26 am

old_salt wrote:
The heavier LAT blends would fall into this group; I can do EMP, Westminster on a daily basis, But Blends like
Star of The East, The Captain Earle series { Private Stock, Ten Russians etc }. I can only do 1 or 2 bowls a week.
Guess I'm a woosie.

I love Star of The East! The mood once struck me to pack my largest pipe to the brim with the stuff, and I must say that after two hours of smoking it, I lost the mood for quite some time!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Obelus



Location :
Registration date : 2010-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Tobacco you smoke only when in a certain mood?   Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:04 pm

...


Last edited by Obelus on Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tweaksource

avatar

Age : 44
Location : Southaven, MS
Registration date : 2011-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Tobacco you smoke only when in a certain mood?   Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:38 pm

I find that sometimes...occasionally...I have a hankering for Captain Black in a cob.

I know that may seem blasphemous to some, but sometimes it just hits the spot.

I find this to often be when I've been on a latakia/strong English kick.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thomas Tkach

avatar

Age : 30
Location : North Dakota
Registration date : 2010-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Tobacco you smoke only when in a certain mood?   Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:01 pm

Quote :
I find this to often be when I've been on a latakia/strong English kick.

I just got a hankering for a cased black cavendish the other day. Last few times i've done that, though, I was disappointed in the hot air--not enough tobacco flavor. Maybe I'll enjoy one bowl of American aromatic a year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/tkachta1
 
Tobacco you smoke only when in a certain mood?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Labour MP David Taylor dies following heart attack
» Jodi Arias--Smoking Room...The place to Unwind!!
» Private Practice
» The Clinton Smoke and Mirrors Email Coverup Continues
» Seville Quarter goes smoke free August 1st.

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Pipes & Tobacco :: What Are You Smoking Right Now?-
Jump to: