HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Do any of you guys in South Africa know...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Carlos
Admin

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Do any of you guys in South Africa know...    Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:53 pm

It's been years since I shot much. But I saw the hat and had to ask.

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Natch

Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Do any of you guys in South Africa know...    Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:29 pm

Carlos wrote:
Piet, you shoot a Hoyt or just wear the hat? I was always a Ben Pearson shooter myself.

Not to hijack this rapidly evolving post, but in just under two weeks SWMBO and I are going to spend a couple of nights in Ben's "old" cabin. His son owns the farm (1400 acres I think) and has built two more, very unique cabins on it. He's also quite a bow hunter himself.

Check out the cabins: http://www.longbowresorts.com/

Just over an hour drive for me and quite secluded.

Natch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bruins

Registration date : 2010-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Do any of you guys in South Africa know...    Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:34 pm

holy crap, natch! that's awesome. what a great time you'll have. i'm jealous big time!!! probably too cold to swim in that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Muddler

Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Do any of you guys in South Africa know...    Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:07 pm

That looks amazing Natch! That stream looks fishy!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Do any of you guys in South Africa know...    Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:30 pm

Natch wrote:
Carlos wrote:
Piet, you shoot a Hoyt or just wear the hat? I was always a Ben Pearson shooter myself.

Not to hijack this rapidly evolving post, but in just under two weeks SWMBO and I are going to spend a couple of nights in Ben's "old" cabin. His son owns the farm (1400 acres I think) and has built two more, very unique cabins on it. He's also quite a bow hunter himself.

Check out the cabins: http://www.longbowresorts.com/

Just over an hour drive for me and quite secluded.

Natch
Oh Man Natch, that looks cool bro,
Mudd......... bowhunt and fish!!!!!!! Natch we are coming over to your place to discuss travel plans bro!!
Back to top Go down
Carlos
Admin

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Do any of you guys in South Africa know...    Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:01 pm

Parts of Arkansas is truly beautiful and that's one of the areas.

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
umfunix

Registration date : 2014-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Do any of you guys in South Africa know...    Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:29 pm

Muddler wrote:
What a brilliant image. I was hunting in the Karoo - the area this man hails from - a few years back. They have a rich heritage of pipe smoking (not all of it tobacco). Of course my pipe made me instantly popular with the local farm hands, one of whom asked if I had a spare pipe for her (yes, her). Of course I did. On another hunt, in another part of the country, I came across an old man who was smoking a Keyser which had burnt through & which he had repaired with duct tape. Said it smoked just fine. I offered him one of my pipes but he refused saying he only smoked Keysers (which, by the way are really bad pipes) & since he could not afford a new one, this one would do. Well, I have a Keyser sitting here at home waiting for my next trip into that area.

Pipe smoking is very much part of the SA history. I remember seeing a picture of a young Nelson Mandela with a pipe in his mouth. Sadly, I did not save the picture & have been unable to find it. Our previous president, Thabo Mbeki, is a pipe smoker. Guess we're in good company.

Yup, photo of http://pienaar.info/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/robert_sobukwe_141.jpg and http://pienaar.info/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/thabo_mbeki1-150x150.jpg smoking a pipe. With the anti-smoking campaign, every picture of Madiba smoking a pipe is probably destroyed.  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Do any of you guys in South Africa know...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2