HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Beebiz woes

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: Beebiz woes   Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:09 pm

Its never the size of the instrument chaps........ IT"S THE REVS!!!!
....shaaaaa and I'll keep telling myself that!!!!
Back to top Go down
bluedigital

Registration date : 2010-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Beebiz woes   Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:31 am

Glad to hear things are starting to take shape Rob. I have been running Ubuntu exclusively now for more than 2 years and have never looked back. Just drop me a mail if you need any assistance. Hope to see you back online 100% as soon as your "spring cleaning" is done!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.deanswanepoel.com
51flgoose

Registration date : 2010-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Beebiz woes   Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:02 am

Sir Bee... with all your PC issues I wanted to check and see if you got the email I sent yesterday with the attached sketch. If you didn't I'll resend it... just let me know...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.rmdpipes.com
Skip48
Jig Master

Registration date : 2010-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Beebiz woes   Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:47 am

Glad your getting over your computer trouble as there is not much in this world more frustrating than computer trouble. They can make me pull out what little hair is left on my head. I get so mad so fast at these things.

Skip
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thumpitjigs.com/

PostSubject: Re: Beebiz woes   Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:18 am

Skip48 wrote:
Glad your getting over your computer trouble as there is not much in this world more frustrating than computer trouble. They can make me pull out what little hair is left on my head. I get so mad so fast at these things.

Skip
Cool Skip, the hair you pull out you can dub onto the thread for GRHE nymph bodies!!!! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Skip48
Jig Master

Registration date : 2010-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Beebiz woes   Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:53 am

Well Piet that is one thought, but most of my computer trouble started and at least the every week big problem was gone with Win 95 and then Win 98. Once I got XP Pro I will not get another yet. Also thankful I never had The Win Mellenium as I heard it was nothing but trouble.

2000 and XP are the only ones I know for sure are good.

Skip
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thumpitjigs.com/

PostSubject: Re: Beebiz woes   Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:58 am

I'm still on XP too!
Back to top Go down
bluedigital

PostSubject: Re: Beebiz woes   Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:42 pm

I've got one thing to say!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Beebiz woes   Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:28 pm

bluedigital wrote:
I've got one thing to say!
you'll have to get that OS past Univ. of PTA IT first bro, these dudes are like pig snot!!!!
This their machine!!!!
Back to top Go down
beebiz

Registration date : 2010-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Beebiz woes   Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:57 pm

51flgoose wrote:
Sir Bee... with all your PC issues I wanted to check and see if you got the email I sent yesterday with the attached sketch. If you didn't I'll resend it... just let me know...
Just wanted to let you know that I got the email. I've not been able to get back online with that Operating System to answer you email. But, I'm hoping I will be able to get back to you in the next day or two. Just know that I liked the sketch!!

Guys, I'm still having fits with my laptop. It's irritating as Hell... to say the least! And, I miss you guys. But, I've just about decided that it is a software problem with Windoze!! I've backed up the files that I need to before wiping the hard drive clean and starting all over. I've been busy with some things today. But, I've been working on all of this every opportunity that I have gotten. It's just going to take me a while to get everything done.

Valky, I got your package in the mail today! You have a nice "Thank You" post coming. But, I can't do it right now. Please forgive me!!

Alright, I'll llet you guys know when I get things straightened out... if I can get them straightened out!! Take care, my brothers!!

Robert
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Falconer

Registration date : 2010-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Beebiz woes   Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:04 pm

Who's this Beebiz guy? anybody remember someone by that name around the BoB? Must be an old timer, like from back when computers were still kerosine driven. lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smokin' Blues

Registration date : 2009-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Beebiz woes   Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:21 am

Falconer wrote:
Who's this Beebiz guy? anybody remember someone by that name around the BoB? Must be an old timer, like from back when computers were still kerosine driven. lol!

Isn't he the guy who sweeps the floors? I see him around with a broom quite often! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Falconer

PostSubject: Re: Beebiz woes   Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:24 am

New Smoker wrote:
Falconer wrote:

Isn't he the guy who sweeps the floors? I see him around with a broom quite often! lol! lol!

Yeah I remember now, he's well lol! gnome for that!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Beebiz woes   Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:25 am

New Smoker wrote:
Falconer wrote:

Are you guys implying that he does that with his face????? aaaahhhh no man!
Back to top Go down
bluedigital

PostSubject: Re: Beebiz woes   Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:21 am

New Smoker wrote:
He is pretty busy Spring Cleaning at the moment
Back to top Go down
51flgoose

Registration date : 2010-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Beebiz woes   Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:48 am

beebiz wrote:

Just wanted to let you know that I got the email. I've not been able to get back online with that Operating System to answer you email. But, I'm hoping I will be able to get back to you in the next day or two. Just know that I liked the sketch!
Robert
Here's hoping you are up and flying again soon. It is really amazing how much we have come to depend on these blasted machines... I guess it's a sign as to how well they work most of the time that we get lost immediately when they don't.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.rmdpipes.com
Smokin' Blues

Registration date : 2009-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Beebiz woes   Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:24 pm

bluedigital wrote:
New Smoker wrote:
He is pretty busy Spring Cleaning at the moment

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
beebiz

PostSubject: Re: Beebiz woes   Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:00 am

Well, my brothers... I have good news... and, I have bad news. The bad news is that all the work that I have done in the last couple of days has proven to be futile. My old Dell C640 has got some major hardware problems. More specifically, so far we have located 3 cracks in the motherboard!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad There may be more... but, we quit looking after finding the third one. So, all the "Spring Cleaning" in the world is not going to help it.

BTW, I am using it right now to make this post. And, am keeping my fingers crossed that it don't screw up before I'm finished! Since inserting the wireless card causes it to immediately freeze or freeze, then reboot after about 30 seconds, I'm having to lay on my stomach in my computer room so I can get it close enough to my Ethernet cable to have internet access! Yes, Valky... I'm sure it's as comical of a sight as you think it is. What's not going to be funny is when Linda has to call a backhoe or crane to get my ass up out of the floor!!! Shocked Shocked Laughing Laughing

But, as I said, there is a bit of good news. Laying in the floor of my computer room tonight, I scoured Ebay for a laptop I could afford to get to replace this one. It was lots of fun... view a few auctions... computer shuts down and reboots... view some more auctions... computer shuts down and reboots.... DAMN how I DO love computers!!!!!

After trying to bid on a couple and loosing them to my computer's shutting down, I finally won one that I think is going to be a decent one for me. It is not a new one by any stretch of the imagination. But, it should be much better than what I've got right now!!! Twisted Evil It too is a Dell (sorry... but, I love Dells) D600. It's got a P4 M class 1.6GHz single core processor, 1G memory, 40G HD, 14" screen, CDRW/DVD, internal WIFI, and several other things. It comes with an AC charger/power supply, good battery, Windoze XP Home COA and install disk, and a 30 day phone support and hardware warranty. I got all of this in the last 10 seconds of the auction for... are you ready... $135.50... shipped!! I don't know... you guys may think it is not so great a deal. But, I thought it was a good one!

I hate it that I had to buy another computer. It will make Christmas a little extra tight around here. But, the old Dell C640 is pretty much finished except for receiving "Last Rights" and being buried! I started not to do it. But, Linda encouraged me to... saying that I had to have a laptop so I could get my stories written. You got to love a good, supportive wife!!! cheers cheers cheers

Anyway, the seller agreed to allow me to wait until Tuesday, Nov. 2 to pay for the laptop. It will be coming to me via FedEx. So, depending on when he ships it, I could possibly have it as early as next weekend!!! cheers

I miss you guys. And, I intend to try to check in from time to time between now and the time I get the new laptop. But, the sheer inconvenience of how I access the internet is going to make it a lot less often than I would like.

Thanks for all the words of concern, the joking, and BD... a special thank you to you, my brother... for your attempts to help me save this old dinosaur that I'm on right now!!! Wink You guys take care. And, I'll be back as soon as I can be!! And, Valky... I'm going to be wearing my six-shooters... loaded with hollow points... and I'm a gunnin' fer ya, ya Old Geezer!!!!!! lol! lol!

Robert
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Falconer

PostSubject: Re: Beebiz woes   Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:08 am

I knew I could be rid of that piece of crap old Dell if I posted it on ebay and even make a profit in the mean time! There's a sucker born every minute in Tennessee! lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Beebiz woes   Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:22 am

Falconer wrote:
I knew I could be rid of that piece of crap old Dell if I posted it on ebay and even make a profit in the mean time! There's a sucker born every minute in Tennessee! lol!

lol! lol! lol!

OUBAAS, glad to see you are on the mend there, sorry about the financial outlay on your part.
It has been rather quiet without VAlky having someone to banter and vice versa.!!!!! cheers

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
beebiz

PostSubject: Re: Beebiz woes   Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:50 am

Piet Binsbergen wrote:
Falconer wrote:

lol! lol! lol!

OUBAAS, glad to see you are on the mend there, sorry about the financial outlay on your part.
It has been rather quiet without VAlky having someone to banter and vice versa.!!!!! cheers

lol! lol! lol!
Thanks, Piet! Like I said... I miss you guys too!!! Wink

Falconer wrote:
All I can say is that you better be good for the 30 day warranty that you gave me!!! Laughing Laughing

Alright, gentlemen... I'm sick and tired of laying on this floor. So, I'm headed to bed!! A good night to all on this side of the pond!! And, good day to all on the other side of the pond!!!

Robert
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bruins

Registration date : 2010-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Beebiz woes   Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:47 am

beebiz wrote:

I started not to do it. But, Linda encouraged me to... saying that I had to have a laptop so I could get my stories written. You got to love a good, supportive wife!!! cheers cheers cheers
Robert

she'd pay double what you did just to get you out of her hair for half the day! Very Happy

glad you're back on the boards, beebiz!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Beebiz woes   Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:57 am

Yea what Bruins said..... me toooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!
Back to top Go down
beebiz

PostSubject: Re: Beebiz woes   Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:11 pm

Thanks, my brothers! I'm glad to be back too... even though it is on a limited basis. Rolling Eyes Maybe I'll have the new laptop by next weekend and can be back to full strength again!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!!! Wink

Robert
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Beebiz woes   Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:23 am

beebiz wrote:
Thanks, my brothers! I'm glad to be back too... even though it is on a limited basis. Rolling Eyes Maybe I'll have the new laptop by next weekend and can be back to full strength again!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!!! Wink

Robert
......and my toes!!
Back to top Go down

Beebiz woes
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: