HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 
 

 Weather

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
puros_bran
Nightrider
avatar

Location : Brandenburg, Ky
Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Weather   Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:33 am

That was some wild stuff yesterday...

Never seen pressure drop that violent...
I saw gasoline being pushed up and out the spout... weird.

Besides its size from southern US to Canada and its strength the other wildness is that its going to be mid high 70's today.. that ain't right..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cody V

avatar

Age : 31
Location : Memphis, TN
Registration date : 2010-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Weather   Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:44 am

Yeah, it was pretty horrible working outside yesterday. And today is going to be humid! High drops to the 60s tomorrow though Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bruins

avatar

Age : 48
Location : the heartland
Registration date : 2010-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Weather   Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:32 am

where you be, pb? give me some prespective. we had tornado warnings here in indiana, one just a few miles from my house--in late october! crazy!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Falconer

avatar

Age : 66
Location : this side of Wichita
Registration date : 2010-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Weather   Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:51 am

bruins wrote:
where you be, pb? give me some prespective. we had tornado warnings here in indiana, one just a few miles from my house--in late october! crazy!

Tornados? We don't need no more stinking tornados! (so we send them to Indiana.) Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bruins

avatar

Age : 48
Location : the heartland
Registration date : 2010-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Weather   Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:56 am

Falconer wrote:

Tornados? We don't need no more stinking tornados! (so we send them to Indiana.) Cool

i thought tornados were one of the few reasons to visit kansas... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Falconer

avatar

Age : 66
Location : this side of Wichita
Registration date : 2010-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Weather   Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:59 am

bruins wrote:
Falconer wrote:

Tornados? We don't need no more stinking tornados! (so we send them to Indiana.) Cool

i thought tornados were one of the few reasons to visit kansas... Very Happy

Weather or not. I reckon we're stuck with them. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bruins

avatar

Age : 48
Location : the heartland
Registration date : 2010-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Weather   Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:00 am

at least you got a decent movie out of those famous kansas tornados...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hunter5117

avatar

Age : 62
Location : Somewhere between Kansas and Missouri
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Weather   Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:30 am

bruins wrote:
at least you got a decent movie out of those famous kansas tornados...

You mean that one with Helen Hunt in a white tank top? Were there tornados in that movie? I don't remember no tornados! scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bruins

avatar

Age : 48
Location : the heartland
Registration date : 2010-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Weather   Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:36 am

Hunter5117 wrote:
bruins wrote:
at least you got a decent movie out of those famous kansas tornados...

You mean that one with Helen Hunt in a white tank top? Were there tornados in that movie? I don't remember no tornados! scratch

i meant the wizard of oz. but what i never understood about twister is that those tornados could rip out trees, twirl cows right off the ground, drag cars and flip them end over end, but helen never lost that top. who wrote that script? Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Weather   Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:43 am

I'm reminded when I see Dorothy that puberty used to hit kids around the seventeen or eighteen year mark. Then they started feeding hormones to cattle.

Bastards. People can't even have normal lives any more. Their development is short-circuited. The absence of that six or so years of hormonal peace and quiet for intellectual development really shows up.

What a Face
Back to top Go down
Carlos
Admin
avatar

Age : 60
Location : Chestnut, IL
Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Weather   Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:55 pm

Blizzard conditions up near LL today. Too early for that.

_________________


"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Natch

avatar

Age : 66
Location : foothills of the Ozarks
Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Weather   Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:42 pm

puros_bran wrote:
That was some wild stuff yesterday...

Never seen pressure drop that violent...
I saw gasoline being pushed up and out the spout... weird.

Besides its size from southern US to Canada and its strength the other wildness is that its going to be mid high 70's today.. that ain't right..

Great example of a simple barometer. We used to make them in grade school out of an old ink bottle (yes, I'm that old!) a straw, some modeling clay, and some colored water.

I've been reading that that super-cell set-up, location, and size are almost identical to one in 1991 (?) which was one of the contributing factors to the Perfect Storm off the Maritime Provinces.

Global Climate Change, it's gunna get you!!! (unless the mega-volcano in Indonesia does first, or the killer asteroid in outer space that has your name and address on it does, or that super deadly and contagious tropical disease that is waiting for the right infected person to hop on a plane and fly it to a major city, or Pakistan & India have a "lets fling all the nukes we got at each other" party, or a slow pole reversal reduces our magnetic field and you just happen to be facing the sun at that time, or...)

I'm going home and hide under my bed.

Natch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bruins

avatar

Age : 48
Location : the heartland
Registration date : 2010-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Weather   Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:43 pm

Natch wrote:

I'm going home and hide under my bed.

Natch

i'd go to that cabin you just posted on another thread. nice place to hide! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Weather   Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:27 pm

Falconer wrote:
bruins wrote:
where you be, pb? give me some prespective. we had tornado warnings here in indiana, one just a few miles from my house--in late october! crazy!

Tornados? We don't need no more stinking tornados! (so we send them to Indiana.) Cool

What's a Tornado? never seen one, besides on "Storm chasers" on Discovery!!!!!
Back to top Go down
bruins

avatar

Age : 48
Location : the heartland
Registration date : 2010-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Weather   Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:23 pm

Piet Binsbergen wrote:
Falconer wrote:
bruins wrote:
where you be, pb? give me some prespective. we had tornado warnings here in indiana, one just a few miles from my house--in late october! crazy!

Tornados? We don't need no more stinking tornados! (so we send them to Indiana.) Cool

What's a Tornado? never seen one, besides on "Storm chasers" on Discovery!!!!!

it's like a hurricane, but instead of water, it's full of dirt (and cows and fence posts and bicycling witches...)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Justpipes
The Duke
avatar

Age : 58
Location : Randolph County, NC If you don't know, you wouldn't understand.
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Weather   Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:28 pm

I hope none of the brothers suffered any damage or injury! It was pretty nasty over here in NC down around Charlotte. 11 people injured and several homes severely damaged.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.practicegodspresence.com/
puros_bran
Nightrider
avatar

Location : Brandenburg, Ky
Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Weather   Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:32 pm

They said on the news it was the most violent pressure drop in recorded history...


I didn't fact check it but I don't find it hard to believe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LL

avatar

Location : KCMO
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Weather   Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:58 pm

Here in ND, the wind was steady at 40-50 mph for 2.5 days, with peaks over 60 mph.

Think the gust front of a good-sized thunderstorm, but instead of lasting for a couple minutes is just kept going. Never seen anything like it before. Truly bizarre. (And annoying... hard to sleep with a jet parked outside your bedroom window running its engines.)

A few inches of snow, too, but that's par for October here.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider
avatar

Location : Brandenburg, Ky
Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Weather   Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:26 pm

Just imagine its a shiney two niney...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Weather   Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:46 am

bruins wrote:
Piet Binsbergen wrote:
Falconer wrote:
bruins wrote:
where you be, pb? give me some prespective. we had tornado warnings here in indiana, one just a few miles from my house--in late october! crazy!

Tornados? We don't need no more stinking tornados! (so we send them to Indiana.) Cool

What's a Tornado? never seen one, besides on "Storm chasers" on Discovery!!!!!

it's like a hurricane, but instead of water, it's full of dirt (and cows and fence posts and bicycling witches...)
Thanks for clearing the air Bruins!!! HA...... lame joke on my part!
Back to top Go down
bluedigital

avatar

Age : 47
Location : Cape Town, South Africa
Registration date : 2010-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Weather   Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:55 am

Hey Piet check your email - relevant weather article!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.deanswanepoel.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Weather   Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:58 am

bluedigital wrote:
Hey Piet check your email - relevant weather article!
Thanks bro........ thats weird shizit right there!!!!
Hey BD whats an iceberg???? lol!
Back to top Go down
bluedigital

avatar

Age : 47
Location : Cape Town, South Africa
Registration date : 2010-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Weather   Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:02 am

Piet Binsbergen wrote:
bluedigital wrote:
Hey Piet check your email - relevant weather article!
Thanks bro........ thats weird shizit right there!!!!
Hey BD whats an iceberg???? lol!
It's a really chilled out Bergie
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.deanswanepoel.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Weather   Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:04 am

bluedigital wrote:
Piet Binsbergen wrote:
bluedigital wrote:
Hey Piet check your email - relevant weather article!
Thanks bro........ thats weird shizit right there!!!!
Hey BD whats an iceberg???? lol!
It's a really chilled out Bergie
lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
*camoham

avatar

Age : 46
Location : Indiana
Registration date : 2010-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Weather   Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:30 pm

apologies for being away from the loop a little while.

wife started new training for new job.

this past tuesday. when the winds came. dropped a tree on my house.

damn deductable to remove it. power barely hanging on. no internet, phone cable until friday.

couple holes in the roof

damn old maple tree (probably 150-200 yrs old)

damn weather.

lucky i still had GLP quiet nights, save the sanity it did.

camo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
Weather
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Glastonbury to trial Qatar World Cup weather machine (? ALERT ?01/04???)
» Is Climate Change to blame for freak weather around the World.?
» Eric, bad weather coming your way!
» Worst snow to hit Britain in 18 years
» Predict the weather with your coffee!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: