HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 
 

 Just Finished!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
pipetongue1
Tobacco Hoarder At Large
avatar

Age : 72
Location : Abington, Mass.
Registration date : 2007-12-14

PostSubject: Just Finished!!   Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:44 pm

Just now finished cleaning 36 pipes!! Get busy guys there's going to be an inspection! Ken tongue
Pacem en Puffing! tongue
Back to top Go down
View user profile
J_Rock

avatar

Age : 40
Location : Norwalk, Ohio
Registration date : 2008-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Just Finished!!   Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:52 pm

All this talk about inspection and I feel like I am back in the Marines! I am just about to clean some but 36 is too much!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cody V

avatar

Age : 31
Location : Memphis, TN
Registration date : 2010-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Just Finished!!   Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:54 pm

That's quite a chore! Congrats!



Back to top Go down
View user profile
Centurian 803
Long Arm O' The Law
avatar

Age : 67
Location : Oak Ridge, TN
Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Just Finished!!   Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:56 pm

Wanna come to my house for a visit?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cigar2you

avatar

Location : Havre de Grace, Maryland
Registration date : 2010-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Just Finished!!   Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:50 pm

The last session of the Harford County Pipe Club was going over pipe maintenance and pipe cleaning so hopefully mine are done for while. Its a chore cleaning 50 some pipes at a time so I usually do them in a rotation kinda like smoking them. The wife tells me no more pipes til the Steve Monjure Show on the 21st of this month. I think I can hold out, so long the the pipes in the case at my B&M stay status quo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harlock999

avatar

Location : Los Angeles
Registration date : 2010-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Just Finished!!   Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:06 pm

Sounds fun!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Natch

avatar

Age : 66
Location : foothills of the Ozarks
Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Just Finished!!   Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:15 pm

Ken, Mine are all boxed up and on the way, should be there by weeks end. I expect exceptional work from such a talented, experienced, professional pipe cleaner as yourself! Laughing

Natch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
velveteagle

avatar

Age : 63
Location : Allegan Michigan
Registration date : 2010-07-13

PostSubject: Just Finished!!    Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:33 pm

Natch wrote:
Ken, Mine are all boxed up and on the way, should be there by weeks end. I expect exceptional work from such a talented, experienced, professional pipe cleaner as yourself! Laughing

Natch

Hey Natch.. I think PT has a thing going.. He is not stopping till the stuff is clean.. Good to have that kind of focus.. I am good at two pipes a day.. Maybe three.. Smokem if ya gotem.. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.redbubble.com/people/velveteagle
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Just Finished!!   Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:51 am

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
bruins

avatar

Age : 48
Location : the heartland
Registration date : 2010-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Just Finished!!   Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:24 am

wait...you got to clean 'em?

hey Cigar2you, cool new avatar. love that pipe!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roqsan



Age : 673
Location : Somerset, England
Registration date : 2010-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Just Finished!!   Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:31 am

bruins wrote:
wait...you got to clean 'em?


It says, in a pipe book I once saw, that Josef Stalin smoked Dunhills, but that he never cleaned them. Not sure how the author could have known this and if he was right, I'm not sure that Stalin would be a good role model.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bruins

avatar

Age : 48
Location : the heartland
Registration date : 2010-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Just Finished!!   Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:56 am

maybe he never 'personally' cleaned them. probably had a guy who did that...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doc Manhattan

avatar

Age : 39
Location : Land of Steady Habits
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Just Finished!!   Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:37 am

"Comrade Ivan, take care of this pipe for me."
"Yes, Comrade Stalin!"

Two weeks later

"Where's that pipe I gave you, Ivan?"
"I sent it to Siberia."
"What?"
"You said take care of it."
"I have good news, Ivan: you're going on a vacation. Now, the bad news..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tobaccocellar.org/tinlist.php?cellar=808
bruins

avatar

Age : 48
Location : the heartland
Registration date : 2010-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Just Finished!!   Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:03 am

Doc Manhattan wrote:
"Comrade Ivan, take care of this pipe for me."
"Yes, Comrade Stalin!"

Two weeks later

"Where's that pipe I gave you, Ivan?"
"I sent it to Siberia."
"What?"
"You said take care of it."
"I have good news, Ivan: you're going on a vacation. Now, the bad news..."

dammit doc! i was trying to come up with a commie joke, but it wasn't happenin'. nice, real nice. you get two points for that one (shh...don't tell valky, he thinks he's the only one who gets points...) lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roqsan



Age : 673
Location : Somerset, England
Registration date : 2010-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Just Finished!!   Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:19 pm

bruins wrote:
Doc Manhattan wrote:
"Comrade Ivan, take care of this pipe for me."
"Yes, Comrade Stalin!"

Two weeks later

"Where's that pipe I gave you, Ivan?"
"I sent it to Siberia."
"What?"
"You said take care of it."
"I have good news, Ivan: you're going on a vacation. Now, the bad news..."

dammit doc! i was trying to come up with a commie joke, but it wasn't happenin'. nice, real nice. you get two points for that one (shh...don't tell valky, he thinks he's the only one who gets points...) lol! lol! lol!

Well impressive as Doc's script is (sorry a bit late for this year's awards) I reckon that the reason that Stalin got this reputation for not cleaning his pipes was that they smelled absolutely horrid. Presumably, it would have been more than a little risky to point that out: "Errm, Joe would you step aside for a moment? I think there's something you should know...".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Just Finished!!   Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:12 pm

Doc Manhattan wrote:
"Comrade Ivan, take care of this pipe for me."
"Yes, Comrade Stalin!"

Two weeks later

"Where's that pipe I gave you, Ivan?"
"I sent it to Siberia."
"What?"
"You said take care of it."
"I have good news, Ivan: you're going on a vacation. Now, the bad news..."

Killer Doc!!!!! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Cigar2you

avatar

Location : Havre de Grace, Maryland
Registration date : 2010-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Just Finished!!   Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:59 pm

bruins wrote:
wait...you got to clean 'em?

hey Cigar2you, cool new avatar. love that pipe!

Thanks Bruin..This one of the photos from the Ireland trip and i guess you HAVE to clean them but it helps
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Falconer

avatar

Age : 66
Location : this side of Wichita
Registration date : 2010-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Just Finished!!   Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:30 pm

bruins wrote:
[ Doc you get two points for that one (shh...don't tell valky, he thinks he's the only one who gets points...) lol! lol! lol!

Hell, by now I'm so far ahead of everyone else it don't matter none to me. I's got more points than a six year buck! rendeer
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Just Finished!!   Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:41 am

Falconer wrote:
bruins wrote:
[ Doc you get two points for that one (shh...don't tell valky, he thinks he's the only one who gets points...) lol! lol! lol!

Hell, by now I'm so far ahead of everyone else it don't matter none to me. I's got more points than a six year buck! rendeer

We don't get those here!
Talk about a universal thread!!
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
bluedigital

avatar

Age : 47
Location : Cape Town, South Africa
Registration date : 2010-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Just Finished!!   Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:46 am

Piet Binsbergen wrote:
We don't get those here!
Talk about a universal thread!!
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Ja Piet but we do get porcupines, a LOT of points right there!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.deanswanepoel.com
bruins

avatar

Age : 48
Location : the heartland
Registration date : 2010-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Just Finished!!   Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:47 am

bluedigital wrote:
Piet Binsbergen wrote:
We don't get those here!
Talk about a universal thread!!
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Ja Piet but we do get porcupines, a LOT of points right there!

cheers (not clever enough for points though, BD...sorry. keep trying!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Just Finished!!   Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:26 pm

bluedigital wrote:
Piet Binsbergen wrote:
We don't get those here!
Talk about a universal thread!!
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Ja Piet but we do get porcupines, a LOT of points right there!

Sorry Bruins, it's a patriotic thing!!!

100 points for you BD, no strike out!!!!! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
 
Just Finished!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Finished Essay!
» Naruto: Ninja Generation V.3.0.1 New and Improved (Finished and Running)
» Jawell's mansion thingy (mostly finished!)
» Restoration work finished, Ottawa's National War Memorial is open to the public again

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: