HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

At least there'll be jazz.......

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: At least there'll be jazz.......   Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:37 pm

I hate working at night. It's not so bad when it's a set schedule - still not good but bearable - but when you have to go from day shift to night shift and back again, it sucks big time. Tonight I have to go to work at 10 pm Mad So, I worked 10 hours yesterday, got up at 3:30 this morning and went to the gym and worked out, ran a couple of errands, and then got the call about 10:30 this morning. The job was supposed to be 1 am which isn't so bad, go to bed a bit early, get up a couple hours earlier than usual, no biggie. Dispatch says be here at 10 tonight Shocked Damn! Mad So of course I try to lay down a couple hours ago. Fail. Wide awake. Went ahead and ate a little dinner a few minutes ago and am going to go back in there and try to get a cat nap, before what will undoubtedly be a 15 hour day (night pour, then the regular schedule of daytime work). Coffee only goes so far to help..

But, the one and only positive side (besides the overtime pay), the local jazz station which only broadcasts at night when I'm usually sleepin will be available to me Very Happy . I love it, and will use it as motivation to move along through the night.

G'nite, I hope Sleep

Falconer

Registration date : 2010-06-12

PostSubject: Re: At least there'll be jazz.......   Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:10 pm

Dang Puff Daddy, I'm worn out just reading about it. If I were you I'd cut out the gym on those days. But then if I were you I'd be younger and could handle it.

/take care and get some sleep. Valky
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Centurian 803
Long Arm O' The Law

Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: At least there'll be jazz.......   Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:37 pm

Nothing like your favorite music to smooth off the rough edges. On Sunday nights for me it's The House of Blues followed by Blues Deluxe and Vintage Vinyl. Makes the night easier to take.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smokin' Blues

Registration date : 2009-04-16

PostSubject: Re: At least there'll be jazz.......   Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:41 pm

For me it's classical, we have a station that plays only classical at night so I enjoy that sometimes when I have to be out. Make the best of it PD, and have a pipeful of relaxation tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Falconer

PostSubject: Re: At least there'll be jazz.......   Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:44 pm

New Smoker wrote:
For me it's classical, we have a station that plays only classical at night so I enjoy that sometimes when I have to be out. Make the best of it PD, and have a pipeful of relaxation tomorrow.

I'll bet ZeroContent don't listen to no classical crap! (I'm trying to get on his good side) Neutral
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smokin' Blues

PostSubject: Re: At least there'll be jazz.......   Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:01 pm

Falconer wrote:
New Smoker wrote:

I'll bet ZeroContent don't listen to no classical crap! (I'm trying to get on his good side) Neutral

I'll try to stay on topic here. (PD scares me affraid )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Falconer

PostSubject: Re: At least there'll be jazz.......   Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:13 pm

New Smoker wrote:
Falconer wrote:
New Smoker wrote:

Naah, PD's alright (as long as you keep the cutie nudies off the BoB) He's got a good head on his shoulders and will treat you fair. the scary one is ole Broom Face aka Beebiz, VeeViz or Fuller Brush Man. He likes Plumcake, now are you scared? clown
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smokin' Blues

PostSubject: Re: At least there'll be jazz.......   Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:16 pm

Falconer wrote:
New Smoker wrote:
Falconer wrote:
New Smoker wrote:

Naah, PD's alright (as long as you keep the cutie nudies off the BoB) He's got a good head on his shoulders and will treat you fair. the scary one is ole Broom Face aka Beebiz, VeeViz or Fuller Brush Man. He likes Plumcake, now are you scared? clown

affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
View user profile
happypipester

Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: At least there'll be jazz.......   Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:00 am

I love Plumcake! Though I prefer Navy Flake far more
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: At least there'll be jazz.......   Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:45 am

Wow PB, situations like that must SUCK!!!

Hope you get some well deserved rest!!!!! Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep
Sleep well!
Back to top Go down
bluedigital

Registration date : 2010-09-07

PostSubject: Re: At least there'll be jazz.......   Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:17 am

I'm gonna get some Plumcake ..... Sleep well PD Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.deanswanepoel.com
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: At least there'll be jazz.......   Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:02 pm

Well, it was interesting to say the least. I never did fall asleep so I got myself all psyched up because I knew I had to be up for a ridiculous night and convinced myself I wasn't tired, so I wasn't. I didn't really need the coffee til about 4 am, and then when the sun came up I was all good to go again. I am glad to be home again though. I'm pooped.

Speaking of pooped, the job was pretty crappy. Turned out to be an 1800 yard structural support slab for some giant tanks at a sewage treatment facility. That's right, an all nighter at the turd farm. An unsettling evening at the settling ponds. Let's just say that a whole lot of lunches did not get eaten last night silent pale It was quite the smelly time and a good time was not had by all. We piled it on deep too. Forms 6 feet deep, filled with miles of rebar, 3 boom pumps and 30 trucks running out of 2 different plants.

I may not eat again this week........

Muddler

Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: At least there'll be jazz.......   Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:19 pm

My sympathies PD. I'm stuck in a hotel right next to the busiest airport in Africa trying to find some peace of mind. It's 22h15 - I started at 7h00 - & I've been analysing all day for a US-based consulting firm doing the dirty on an SA construction company. Hurry on Friday - hopefully Piet & I can share a bowl over the weekend.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: At least there'll be jazz.......   Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:24 pm

Muddler wrote:
My sympathies PD. I'm stuck in a hotel right next to the busiest airport in Africa trying to find some peace of mind. It's 22h15 - I started at 7h00 - & I've been analysing all day for a US-based consulting firm doing the dirty on an SA construction company. Hurry on Friday - hopefully Piet & I can share a bowl over the weekend.

HEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAA, I'm still around Mudd!!
Been in the workshop, now 11:15pm!!
Smoke hard man!
Back to top Go down

At least there'll be jazz.......
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1