HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

New guy

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
bruins

Registration date : 2010-08-25

PostSubject: Re: New guy   Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:17 pm

i've seen some cool tampers, but those be the bomb, VE! very cool! thanks for posting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
beebiz

Registration date : 2010-09-12

PostSubject: Re: New guy   Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:15 pm

I do love those tampers, brother Chuck!!!! You did a great job on them!

I also love the Old Timer pocket Knife. Until I lost it in our 2003 house fire, I had one just like it. I loved it about as well as any Case I ever owned!!

Robert
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ol'Dawg

Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: New guy   Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:36 pm

Howdy and welcome to BoB! DON'T do what I did when first picking up a pipe. I was about 7 or 8 when I used one of my dad's pipes to smoke some tobacco removed from some of my mother's Herbert Tareton cigarette butts. Shortly after lighting up, I got extremely dizzy and then promptly threw up every thing in my stomach and then some. pale

Jim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thecrowdog

Registration date : 2010-11-10

PostSubject: Re: New guy   Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:54 am

I remember my first encounter with a pipe. I was probably 10 or 12 years old and our class had taken a field trip to a historic reenactment park, where they live like it's still the 1800s. Back then they still sold clay pipes to little kids. My neighbor Jimmy bought one and a few nights later we were back in the woods with the pipe, some matches, and the closest thing to tobacco we thought we had... Japanese teas. We must of been coughing quite a bit, because a few minutes later Jimmy's dad appeared out of nowhere with a flying bucket of water and our pipe smoking came to an abrupt end for the evening.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Falconer

Registration date : 2010-06-12

PostSubject: Re: New guy   Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:02 am

bruins wrote:
velveteagle wrote:
I made a pipe tamper out of a 50 cal. Stainless shell casing with a deer antler point carved to fit in the open end....

would like to see a pic of that tamper, VE!

VE, Nice! You did remove the primers! Right??? affraid
Back to top Go down
View user profile
velveteagle

Registration date : 2010-07-13

PostSubject: New guy   Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:12 am

Falconer wrote:
bruins wrote:
velveteagle wrote:
I made a pipe tamper out of a 50 cal. Stainless shell casing with a deer antler point carved to fit in the open end....

would like to see a pic of that tamper, VE!

VE, Nice! You did remove the primers! Right??? affraid

Ahhh come on now Falconer.. He has bullets in his nose.. lol! tap tap tap..
I have a warning label that goes with them.. Wear your depends when smoking with this tamper..
We have to keep this New Guy clued in to the safe rules for smoking pipes.. affraid
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.redbubble.com/people/velveteagle
pasq0321

Registration date : 2010-11-08

PostSubject: Re: New guy   Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:26 pm

[quote="velveteagle"][quote="Falconer"][quote="bruins"]
velveteagle wrote:

We have to keep this New Guy clued in to the safe rules for smoking pipes.. affraid

So I shouldn't use the 4-10 shells in my gun cabinet as ready made brightly colored pipe tampers?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
velveteagle

Registration date : 2010-07-13

PostSubject: New Guy   Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:41 pm

[quote="pasq0321"][quote="velveteagle"][quote="Falconer"]
bruins wrote:
velveteagle wrote:

So I shouldn't use the 4-10 shells in my gun cabinet as ready made brightly colored pipe tampers?

Well now you could use them but you would have to borrow a pipe from Beebiz with the 6 foot stem. Then have Falconer touch it off with one of his revolvers. Use a fast burning tobacco cause you have to puff fast.. Oh did I mention you have to drink a big bottle of Jim too.. Then run 10 miles with fiberglass in your shorts.

Otherwise I would forget the 4-10 stuff.. One end could cause you problems.. Soon as I get some more antler tips in and some spent shells from my friend I will attempt to make some up for those Brothers who can wait.. lol! lol! lol!
Chuck..
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.redbubble.com/people/velveteagle

New guy
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Welcome Wagon-
Jump to: