HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Shortcut to Mushrooms

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
pasq0321

Registration date : 2010-11-08

PostSubject: Shortcut to Mushrooms   Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:27 pm

I received my Middle-Earth sampler from Just for Him over the weekend. I've only tried A Shortcut to Mushrooms, but it was really nice in my opinion. Granted, I am but a wee novice at the hobby, but it was worthwhile.

Sorry, I had triple posted this. The computer wasn't cooperating. Fixed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Falconer

Registration date : 2010-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Shortcut to Mushrooms   Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:41 pm

I enjoy it every now and then. It has just little enough Latakia that I like it. I wouldn't smoke it in any straight virginia or VaPer pipes, there's some ghosting in my opinion. I have one pipe set aside for the Lats and smoke it in that. I think it's the best of the Middle Earth series. I'm anxious to hear what you think of the others. Valky
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Shortcut to Mushrooms   Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:27 am

Falconer wrote:
I enjoy it every now and then. It has just little enough Latakia that I like it. I wouldn't smoke it in any straight virginia or VaPer pipes, there's some ghosting in my opinion. I have one pipe set aside for the Lats and smoke it in that. I think it's the best of the Middle Earth series. I'm anxious to hear what you think of the others. Valky
Glad you responded Valky, This is still a blend I really want to try, Was thinking your comments may be valid here as you have plenty of experience with this blend!!!

On my hit list!!!
Back to top Go down
mattia76

Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Shortcut to Mushrooms   Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:33 pm

If you enjoy the occasional aromatic, then Just For Him's Morning Coffee is great. My second favorite aromatic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OldWorldMonkey

Registration date : 2011-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Shortcut to Mushrooms   Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:23 pm

I have heard mixed reviews on these and other Middle Earth blends, many bordering on lackluster. But Just For Him has caught my attention if for nothing else than naming their blends after those fictionally produced in the South Farthing (i.e. Old Toby & Longbottom Leaf).

Unfortunately, many review sites say Shortcut to Mushrooms is the only solid blend in the lot. I enjoy English blends as well as aromatics. Longbottom with its hint of vanilla intrigues me. Have any of you sampled this blend?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Twitter.com/OldWorldMonkey
Lazarus Long

Registration date : 2010-12-23

PostSubject: Re: Shortcut to Mushrooms   Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:17 pm

OldWorldMonkey wrote:
Have any of you sampled this blend?

I happen to think they are all great. That said I like the Old Toby and Shortcut to Mushrooms the best.

I have to say that this tobacco is very different from any other that I have had.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Shortcut to Mushrooms
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1