HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

My tobacco cellar and non-smoking "smoking room"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
PipePuffer

Registration date : 2010-11-22

PostSubject: My tobacco cellar and non-smoking "smoking room"   Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:35 pm

I just finished organizing my cellar so I thought I would share a few pictures with you all. I bought old stackable bookshelves with glass doors to hold my stash. The top shelf is for pipes and open baccies. The second shelf is mostly for aromatics. The third shelf is mostly for non-aromatics. The bottom shelf is for glass jars (that glass door has been blacked out to protect the tobacco from ambient light).

A few of my pipes (I'll show them off better in a later post):

And finally the "smoking room", though I always smoke outside (not by choice Wink)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frost

Registration date : 2009-12-31

PostSubject: Re: My tobacco cellar and non-smoking "smoking room"   Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:18 pm

Nice! Some tasty tobaccos there and nice pipes. I dig your setup...I'm looking for something similar as I have outgrown my little mini bookshelf type thing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pistolero

Registration date : 2010-09-07

PostSubject: Re: My tobacco cellar and non-smoking "smoking room"   Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:37 pm

Well I can see you A) Like Squadron Leader and Frog Morton, and B) Have some very handsome pipes. Welcome to the brotherhood, puffer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jhuggett
BoB's Pioneer & Founding Father

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: My tobacco cellar and non-smoking "smoking room"   Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:46 pm

Very nice set up. I'm too going to have to upgrade soon as I'm running out of room.

"Freedom, Security, Convenience: Choose Two"
"For me, I will take freedom over security and I will take security over convenience." ~ Dan Geer
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.brothersofbriar.com
Centurian 803
Long Arm O' The Law

Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: My tobacco cellar and non-smoking "smoking room"   Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:37 am

That's a very nice arrangement. I have long coveted a set of "Barrister" book cases but hadn't thought of using them for tobacco storage. Great idea.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hobie1dog

Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: My tobacco cellar and non-smoking "smoking room"   Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:46 am

Thanks for the pics...very nice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: My tobacco cellar and non-smoking "smoking room"   Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:08 am

Thanks for sharing bro. Thats very nice indeed!
Back to top Go down
Cody V

Registration date : 2010-09-12

PostSubject: Re: My tobacco cellar and non-smoking "smoking room"   Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:15 pm

Diggin' the wallpapered bath-trap tongue We seem to have similar taste in pipe shapes Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SmokeyTweed

Registration date : 2008-10-13

PostSubject: Re: My tobacco cellar and non-smoking "smoking room"   Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:32 pm

Bump!

I don't have a decent set-up like that right now. Is the Arm & Hammer in the top to absorb the smokey goodness of those pipes? Or just to protect that fine piece of furniture in the event you must use it for something else?

Curious in Canada Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bruche

Registration date : 2009-05-09

PostSubject: Re: My tobacco cellar and non-smoking "smoking room"   Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:32 am

What a perfect room. Thank you for the inspiration.

Bruce Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PipePuffer

PostSubject: Re: My tobacco cellar and non-smoking "smoking room"   Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:57 am

Thanks everyone! The Arm and Hammer packet is there to absorb the smokey smell of my cold pipes. My wife doesn't like it. It also absorbs some moisture.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue Max

Registration date : 2010-05-10

PostSubject: Re: My tobacco cellar and non-smoking "smoking room"   Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:35 am

I'm a big fan of Frog Morton and I need to try Squadron Leader.

I like that collection of pipes too. Thanks for sharing.

My smoking room is basically my car so what you have is a big step up from that!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eric

Registration date : 2009-11-03

PostSubject: Re: My tobacco cellar and non-smoking "smoking room"   Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:45 am

Nice looking cellar.

I wonder how long the Solani Silver Flake can stay in its tin? The tin is not sealed, but is in a quality folded plastic bag in side the unsealed tin. I don't have any specs on its shelf life; just curious.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dbreazeale

Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: My tobacco cellar and non-smoking "smoking room"   Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:11 pm

That looks great!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GregE

Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Downstairs mancave-   Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:57 am

I love the downstairs stuff you guys are doing for your man caves...Here in Dallas Texas we are pretty much on a giant slab of clay in the middle of a scrub desert. The moisture content varies from one extreme to the other due to the seasons in this Texas desert. The result is that soil shifts so dramatically during the course of the seasons that nobody has basements down here. In fact there is a whole cottage industry of "foundation repairmen" who do nothing but try to stabilize the "concrete slabs" that everybody has their house built on...cause doorways, window jams and sheetrock walls are all at the mercy of the shifting clay. I used to live up north (Peoria, Illinois) and loved my basement, now I have to try to fit all my yard stuff and extra "wifey" junk in a cluttered garage. Most people do have some attic space but its usually small and not the same as "going down into the dark man space" under the house. I will just sit and be proud for the rest of you....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bob393

Registration date : 2011-01-17

PostSubject: Re: My tobacco cellar and non-smoking "smoking room"   Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:34 pm

Nice personal space!
I have my stuff spread all over the house.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ataki

Registration date : 2010-11-24

PostSubject: Re: My tobacco cellar and non-smoking "smoking room"   Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:11 pm

GregE wrote:
I love the downstairs stuff you guys are doing for your man caves...Here in Dallas Texas we are pretty much on a giant slab of clay in the middle of a scrub desert. The moisture content varies from one extreme to the other due to the seasons in this Texas desert. The result is that soil shifts so dramatically during the course of the seasons that nobody has basements down here. In fact there is a whole cottage industry of "foundation repairmen" who do nothing but try to stabilize the "concrete slabs" that everybody has their house built on...cause doorways, window jams and sheetrock walls are all at the mercy of the shifting clay. I used to live up north (Peoria, Illinois) and loved my basement, now I have to try to fit all my yard stuff and extra "wifey" junk in a cluttered garage. Most people do have some attic space but its usually small and not the same as "going down into the dark man space" under the house. I will just sit and be proud for the rest of you....
I would love a nice basement...But like you said, having one down here would be a disaster. Heck, the foundation on my house moves over 1 1/2" over the year..For now, I'm happy with my little workspace in the corner of the garage.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hermit

Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: My tobacco cellar and non-smoking "smoking room"   Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:19 pm

Ataki wrote:

I would love a nice basement...But like you said, having one down here would be a disaster. Heck, the foundation on my house moves over 1 1/2" over the year..For now, I'm happy with my little workspace in the corner of the garage.

Mine would be an indoor swimming pool. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sorringowl

Registration date : 2010-08-08

PostSubject: Re: My tobacco cellar and non-smoking "smoking room"   Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:54 pm

Very cool! That's a great barrister's bookcase and I never thought of it till now but it makes a PERFECT tobacco cellar and pipe display case. Hell, there's even room for some books! Pipes, tobacco, a couple of volumes of Sherlock Holmes and LOTR's and you're all set. Hmm...a shelf dedicated for a bar as well??...nah, make it half a shelf and leave for room for cellaring! Nice pics. Thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PipePuffer

PostSubject: Re: My tobacco cellar and non-smoking "smoking room"   Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:17 pm

sorringowl wrote:
Very cool! That's a great barrister's bookcase and I never thought of it till now but it makes a PERFECT tobacco cellar and pipe display case. Hell, there's even room for some books! Pipes, tobacco, a couple of volumes of Sherlock Holmes and LOTR's and you're all set. Hmm...a shelf dedicated for a bar as well??...nah, make it half a shelf and leave for room for cellaring! Nice pics. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks! The bar is off to the side: Very Happy

Back to top Go down
View user profile
St Fiacre

Registration date : 2010-04-26

PostSubject: Re: My tobacco cellar and non-smoking "smoking room"   Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:53 pm

The tobacco and related pipe article are cool but that is some really nice furniture. Some guys have alot of cool pipe stuff but I think that your furniture is the nicest that I have seen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SmokingAngel

Registration date : 2012-04-28

PostSubject: Re: My tobacco cellar and non-smoking "smoking room"   Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:45 pm

Awesome cellar and setup!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PipePuffer

PostSubject: Re: My tobacco cellar and non-smoking "smoking room"   Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:53 pm

SmokingAngel wrote:
Awesome cellar and setup!

Thanks! Unfortunately, most of that setup is now gone. We moved to the West Coast last year and given the price of real estate here we had to give up a lot of space. Gone is the smoking room! Only the barrister bookcase remains, tucked away in a corner. In the last 2.5 years, the pipe collection and tobacco cellar have steadily grown to about 40 pipes and 40lbs of tobacco (although that also had to be downsized some for the move):

This is my tobacco-loving cat by the way. She comes running every time I open the bookcase and loves stealing pipe cleaners. I've made a few really cool acquisitions as well since 2010: first the wooden pipe tobacco jar (top right of the bookshelf) that came from my grandfather's tobacco shop. Saved from the flames when the shop burned down, passed on to me by my dad. A porcelain tobacco humidor (top left of the bookshelf) is now housing my snuff. And somewhere in there is a pipe offered to me by my family for Christmas.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jacob the coldblooded

Registration date : 2013-01-16

PostSubject: Re: My tobacco cellar and non-smoking "smoking room"   Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:30 pm

Great setup, jealous of those shelves!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.advancedwildlife.com/
Bluecrab

Registration date : 2012-07-25

PostSubject: Re: My tobacco cellar and non-smoking "smoking room"   Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:02 am

Great barrister you have there. I keep all my pipes and tobacco in one of my barrister book cases, which is in my office. wonderful piece of furniture.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

My tobacco cellar and non-smoking "smoking room"
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next