HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

The Internet never ceases to amaze...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
LL

Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: The Internet never ceases to amaze...   Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:30 pm

In another thread I mentioned a guitar player I was in a band with once, and the memory made me wonder what he might be up to 17 years later. Google did the rest.

Turns out that a song he wrote (and the rest of the band arranged) while sitting around my kitchen table is still on his playlist. Cool

The inspiration was a joke he liked to tell about being a guitar player in Nashville, and how the best way to save yourself wasted time was to stop at the first gas station you came across on the way into town, and see if the pump jockey can play better than you do... if so, just turn around and go home. Laughing (Guitar players are thick as mosquitoes there, you see.)

Turned out that "gas station" was tough to rhyme with, so the day job de jour for aspiring musicians was changed to working in an auto parts store. The same way struggling actors in Hollywood wait tables.

Still country-rocks pretty well, I think. Turn it UP! Twisted Evil

http://www.myspace.com/dwcousino/music/songs/Auto-Parts-Store-28143815

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: The Internet never ceases to amaze...   Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:50 am

Cool Cool

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bronxbill

Registration date : 2007-12-20

PostSubject: Re: The Internet never ceases to amaze...   Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:29 am

Very cool!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
51flgoose

Registration date : 2010-07-29

PostSubject: Re: The Internet never ceases to amaze...   Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:54 pm

That was fun, thanks for the link and the story. There are just so MANY good musicians out there...wonderful talent, but so unknown (I'm not one... trust me on that!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.rmdpipes.com

The Internet never ceases to amaze...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1