HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

what the heck are they talking about?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mark
Admin

Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: what the heck are they talking about?   Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:39 pm

I know there's some new pipe smokers that have recently joined us here on BOB that may not be familiar with some of the abbreviations or terms used here and there refering to tobacco etc. Like FVF or OJK or any number of others. This site may help,,,,just click on the appropriate letter from the alphabet listed across the screen. Then click on the item from the list displayed for further explaination,,,,,

http://www.tobaccopipesdictionary.com/A

Sometimes I wake up grumpy. Other times I let her sleep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jhuggett
BoB's Pioneer & Founding Father

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: what the heck are they talking about?   Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:50 pm

I don't think I've seen that site before, thanks for posting it.

"Freedom, Security, Convenience: Choose Two"
"For me, I will take freedom over security and I will take security over convenience." ~ Dan Geer
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.brothersofbriar.com
Hunter5117

Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: what the heck are they talking about?   Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:44 pm

Thanks, pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smokntaz

Registration date : 2010-09-29

PostSubject: Re: what the heck are they talking about?   Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:05 pm

Bookmarked!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Skip48
Jig Master

Registration date : 2010-10-10

PostSubject: Re: what the heck are they talking about?   Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:20 pm

Good site and only thing I see missing is the numbers which I have been learning as especially 2015 since it has run to very near the top of my list.

Skip
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thumpitjigs.com/
highpockets

Registration date : 2010-10-14

PostSubject: Re: what the heck are they talking about?   Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:31 pm

What a great site--I can learn without embarassment. "It is better to be silent and thought a fool than to speak and be known one."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harlock999

Registration date : 2010-10-22

PostSubject: Re: what the heck are they talking about?   Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:19 pm

Very helpful, thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: what the heck are they talking about?   Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:56 pm

highpockets.. That would be true if everyone wasn't a fool...
As Yak says: We're all Bozos on this bus.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pipesmoker34

Registration date : 2010-03-10

PostSubject: Re: what the heck are they talking about?   Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:35 pm

thanks mark, good post Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
yvesmary

Registration date : 2010-11-14

PostSubject: Re: what the heck are they talking about?   Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:05 am

Information is always good.

Now is there someplace I can find out how to enter someone's post when you post a reply. Or quote a line and its author at the top of said reply? All those little boxes at the top of this box is all Greek to me.

If you told me to bring a saw and a hammer I'd be comfortable but that darn mouse of mine won't do what I want. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RealtorFrank

Registration date : 2010-11-21

PostSubject: Re: what the heck are they talking about?   Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:23 am

Thanks for the site, that will save me a lot of search time on google!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.franksellsnashville.com/
pistolero

Registration date : 2010-09-07

PostSubject: Re: what the heck are they talking about?   Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:26 am

yvesmary wrote:

Now is there someplace I can find out how to enter someone's post when you post a reply. Or quote a line and its author at the top of said reply? All those little boxes at the top of this box is all Greek to me.

If you told me to bring a saw and a hammer I'd be comfortable but that darn mouse of mine won't do what I want. Embarassed

Look at the top right of each "post" (not thread) and there is a "button" that says "QUOTE" Click on that button, in the post you wish to quote, type your own post and send. It should come out something like this post. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
yvesmary

Registration date : 2010-11-14

PostSubject: Re: what the heck are they talking about?   Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:20 pm

pistolero wrote:
yvesmary wrote:

Look at the top right of each "post" (not thread) and there is a "button" that says "QUOTE" Click on that button, in the post you wish to quote, type your own post and send. It should come out something like this post. Cool

Eureka! It works. Who says you can't teach new tricks to an old dog. Thanks pistolero! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile

what the heck are they talking about?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: