HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

In Memorium

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
itsKot

Registration date : 2010-09-19

PostSubject: In Memorium   Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:35 pm

As we all know today is the 69th anniversary of the Pearl Harbor tragedy. While it was essential in shaping our nation and world as it is today, it was still a dark time in our past for everybody. Let us give thanks and respect to all those lost in both Pearl Harbor and WWII. Keep those brave souls in mind as you puff your pipe today, they'd appreciate it greatly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jhuggett
BoB's Pioneer & Founding Father

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: In Memorium   Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:57 pm

Hear, hear!

"Freedom, Security, Convenience: Choose Two"
"For me, I will take freedom over security and I will take security over convenience." ~ Dan Geer
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.brothersofbriar.com
Carlos
Admin

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: In Memorium   Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:59 pm

A generation that is quickly disappearing.

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
itsKot

Registration date : 2010-09-19

PostSubject: Re: In Memorium   Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:03 pm

Carlos wrote:
A generation that is quickly disappearing.

All too true Carlos. There are less and less WWII vets daily. One of my grandfathers was proud to have served during the 40's and my other over in Korea. When my older grandfather passed the harsh reality set in. Honor them now, remember them always.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thedeep

Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: In Memorium   Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:11 pm

What is really sad, I read, I think, 4 newspapers today--not one mentioned Pearl Harbor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
velveteagle

Registration date : 2010-07-13

PostSubject: In Memorium   Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:56 pm

As time passes its really sad how many forget. A couple of years ago a witness said they saw some children running through the grave yard and kicked over and broke an old grave stone. Such thoughtless acts... I wrote something about it and the local paper ran it. It is far from any professional writing but I think people got the thought I was trying to share.

Silent Cry

Ages past the bullets flew to rent the flesh. No time for thoughts or regrets. Love lost through dreams of others passed. Pain and Love it moved so fast. There was a cause now lost at last. The children run and love to smash. No time for thoughts of the past. The children's children grew old and passed. The cannons now rusted do flow in the streams. Lovers were lost oh silent screams. If we may think of what they gave. As we stand near by this broken grave. And close our eyes and hear the sigh. Just think of lost loves Oh Silent Cry.
William C. Rewalt

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.redbubble.com/people/velveteagle

In Memorium
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: