HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Time to pay, on EBay!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Harlock999

Registration date : 2010-10-22

PostSubject: Time to pay, on EBay!   Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:49 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
hobie1dog

Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Time to pay, on EBay!   Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:34 am

Never ceases to amaze me how many people there are that can spend so much money on "stuff", most of it they can never, or would ever physically use. No
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harlock999

Registration date : 2010-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Time to pay, on EBay!   Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:03 am

I'm torn on this one...I'll be the first to confess that I love "stuff", however, I think (or hope) that I can recognize when something has gone too far. If that Rolex was to be the "piece d' resistance" of a lifelong collection of Swiss watches, maybe...yeah, it's still hard to justify. I live in an area where it seems like everyone drives a Mercedes (my Oldsmobile looks a little out of place), and I also wonder,"are there THAT many people making THAT kind of money?" But I guess so. If I were a renowned concert violinist, and if I had the means, I would want a million dollar Stradivarius that might come up at auction, because life is short and those types of opportunities are rare. I still can't see spending $66,000.00 on EBay though...I would have lots of "splaining" to do!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frost

Registration date : 2009-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Time to pay, on EBay!   Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:46 am

I don't think it's that there are that many people making that much money, I think it's more like there are a few people making so much money that they have to find random, epensive crap to spend it on.

Either that, or there is some geek working at a comic book store and living in his mom's basement somewhere that just racked up a 66k credit cart bill. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Time to pay, on EBay!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1