HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

A Straw in the Wind

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: A Straw in the Wind   Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:03 am

Quote :
NEW YORK, Dec. 10 (UPI) -- Illinois-based TransUnion says the lowest percentage of shoppers in the history of a survey used credit cards for purchases during the Thanksgiving weekend.

The organization said a survey following the Thanksgiving shopping weekend found about 17 percent paying with credit cards, or just over half the rate from a year ago -- the lowest rate in the 27 years it has conducted a survey.
http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2010/12/10/Survey-Shoppers-shunning-credit-cards/UPI-57981291991504/

What a Face
Back to top Go down
itsKot

Registration date : 2010-09-19

PostSubject: Re: A Straw in the Wind   Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:11 am

Thank God some people are catching on, I've never been a fan of plastic money. Hell I don't even like to use my debt card, and especially not my credit card. The only reason i still have one is in case of a dire emergency, in that case I can bring myself to spend money that's not mine Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: A Straw in the Wind   Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:57 am

It's because everyone's either too broke to make the CC payments, has already used up their line of credit or has had their cards taken away.

Actually, what sweet irony that would be. The banks overextend credit, millions default, the nation either shuns the cards or can't get one, the banks lose their ass because nobody is paying interest for years on debt that never dwindles.

PostSubject: Re: A Straw in the Wind   Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:56 am

Natural justice Cool

What a Face
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Straw in the Wind   Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:03 am

http://www.rense.com/general92/phse.htm

Alarmism.

But interesting alarmism.

Interesting and plausible.

What a Face
Back to top Go down

A Straw in the Wind