HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Comments from Others

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Blue Max

Registration date : 2010-05-10

PostSubject: Comments from Others   Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:25 am

I was smoking my pipe the other day in a public place. There was a young gentleman in fatigues standing a ways from me smoking a cigarette and didn't seem too friendly. So I light my pipe and he immediately comes over saying "Old School!" several times. He thought my smoking a pipe was really cool and would not leave my side until I went inside. Same type of thing happened about a year ago. I was sitting on my front porch enjoying a pipe when some young Jehovah witnesses came up in my yard and wanted to speak to me about their "literature". I'm always open to new thoughts and ideas so I invited them over. The young man seemed very serious until he saw my pipe then his eyes got real big and he go a huge smile on his face and said, "You're doing it old school, that is so cool!". The young lady I don't think cared.

The other thing I've been getting A LOT is, "Is that cherry you're smoking?". Or more boldly just telling me that it is cherry I am smoking. Thing is, I've never smoked a cherry tobacco in my life. Someone thought my Frog Morton was cherry! Huh?

One lady asked me if I could produce bubbles with my pipe.

Mostly though, it attracts the right people who just want to have a conversation and it usually works out. I used to get comments about how great the tobacco smelled but I don't get that so much even though I mostly smoke aromatics.

Well, just thought I'd share.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shootist51

Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Comments from Others   Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:00 am

I had a woman walk up to me and tell me she loved the smell of my tobacco. after I thanked her she proceeded to tell me about someone in her family that smoked some cherry blend and that I should try a cherry blend. I explained to her that I prefer Virginia blends, but had tried a couple of cherry blends and didn't care for the taste. After expressing her feelings on cherry blends and the fact that I should smoke them about the 15th time, because she liked them, I told her she should buy a pipe and some cherry blend and smoke whatever she wanted.
Some times the folks that like our pastime are a pain. lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Skip48
Jig Master

Registration date : 2010-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Comments from Others   Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:51 pm

Well, Pipes are cool!

Good story though,

Skip
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thumpitjigs.com/
Blue Max

PostSubject: Re: Comments from Others   Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:37 pm

Skip, I get the "cool" thing alot for some reason. It might be because I'm the cool one making the pipe seem cool but I suspect it's the other way around.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue Max

PostSubject: Re: Comments from Others   Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:44 pm

The cherry thing happened again last night!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Handsome Dynamite

Registration date : 2009-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Comments from Others   Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:02 pm

Hhaha no one ever thought I had cherry. BUT, lots of poeple says it reminds them of their grandfather/ uncle (insert other older male relative) and how it makes them happy. One girls say it makes her day whenever she sees me smoking.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Patrick

Registration date : 2010-11-25

PostSubject: Re: Comments from Others   Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:39 pm

I wish I could smoke out in public more often, but it's usually so cold and windy here that no one's out walking around and it's not much fun anyway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Comments from Others
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1