HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

What are your other Hobbies?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: What are your other Hobbies?   Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:24 am

Fly fishing
Bow hunting
Bonsai
Power Kiting
Back to top Go down
Harlock999

Registration date : 2010-10-22

PostSubject: Re: What are your other Hobbies?   Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:39 am

Nice Piet!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hobie1dog

Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: What are your other Hobbies?   Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:24 pm

Thanks to all who have posted up pictures with their responses.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hobie1dog

PostSubject: Re: What are your other Hobbies?   Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:16 pm

bump for the newbies
Back to top Go down
View user profile
old_salt

Registration date : 2008-06-09

PostSubject: Re: What are your other Hobbies?   Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:58 pm

Into big bikes & big trains, both are money pits.

here's the other one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSv41zhUj50

vid is shaky trying to run multiple throttles & camera. dog in the background is the neighbors doberman!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hobie1dog

PostSubject: Re: What are your other Hobbies?   Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:11 pm

Wow, the model train setup is awesome. Thanks for posting it up for us. bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eggman
Cornholio

Registration date : 2007-12-22

PostSubject: Re: What are your other Hobbies?   Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:59 pm

Well I have a couple hobbies I enjoy. I collect just about anything from town and county I live in. It is Union City TN Obion County. Examples are old milk bottles, postcards pictures, advertising and old school annuals. I love to tent camp, play golf and shoot(pistols,shotguns,rifles and my bow) when I get the chance. Smoking a good bowl or cigar is a favorite activity too. My newest hobby and probably most expensive is ham radio. My call sign in KJ4UNX. I currently hold a Tech license. My radios are all Kenwoods. The first is a old TM-201a without the tone board very rough shape but works when it wants to. The next is a TM-271a 2m radio I use mainly in the house for local repeater use. It is hooked to a homemade copper J-pole antenna I made and it works real good. Next is a old TS-820s it worked real good til 2 days before the December 10m contest. It still receives but does not transmit. I am working on it cause I just love the glow from those tubes. The last one is a TS-440s with just about every option that you could get for it in the late 80's. It works great and have logged a couple dx stations with it. I am using a old hustler vert. BTV-4 antenna with the HF rigs.

I do love to hunt and fish too. For the last couple years I have dabbled in fly fishing some. It is pretty fun here at Reelfoot lake when those little Brim take a fly on light tackle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eggman
Cornholio

Registration date : 2007-12-22

PostSubject: Re: What are your other Hobbies?   Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:11 pm

JP, I was looking at your pics. Looks like you might have shed a few pounds from some of the pics I remember seeing in the past. I like your tent. I still use a old canvas tent my parent bought almost 30 years ago. It has already out lasted 2 nylon (or what ever material they made of) tents that I have bought.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spatzkat

Registration date : 2010-11-28

PostSubject: Re: What are your other Hobbies?   Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:35 pm

Leather working, archery, sewing machine repair, metal craft and historical reenactments.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MartinH

Registration date : 2011-01-04

PostSubject: My Hobbies   Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:43 pm

Audiobooks, podiobooks.com, writing, singing, Xbox, tech and tech news, gadgets, and reading, building websites

I'm the consummate nerd in the family, so anything tech, I dig.

At one point in my life, I wanted to sing for a living, but the constant travel sucks, so I just do it as a hobby.

I love opera, used to sing in them, now I just go when I can.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.pipereviews.org
hobie1dog

PostSubject: Re: What are your other Hobbies?   Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:58 pm

MartinH it's kinda slim pickins around Charlotte to find quality music.....lots of country bumkin, po dunk, beer bottle smashin music though. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MartinH

Registration date : 2011-01-04

PostSubject: Re: What are your other Hobbies?   Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:16 pm

Yeah tell me about it. My wife is a symphony musician, and I used to go every weekend before my little boy came along. Now I just hang out at the house with him, while mommy works on the weekends. There is very little live music, and almost no good live music. We don't even have a good jazz club. The only place that has some acts that I've enjoyed is the Double Door, but that's been a a while.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.pipereviews.org
hobie1dog

PostSubject: Re: What are your other Hobbies?   Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:57 pm

MartinH wrote:
Yeah tell me about it. My wife is a symphony musician, and I used to go every weekend before my little boy came along. Now I just hang out at the house with him, while mommy works on the weekends. There is very little live music, and almost no good live music. We don't even have a good jazz club. The only place that has some acts that I've enjoyed is the Double Door, but that's been a a while.

When I lived near Columbus, Ohio I played in 5 bands....since moving to NC, I've played in 1 for 1 gig, the rest was only in churches playing Baroque music with pipe organs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harlock999

PostSubject: Re: What are your other Hobbies?   Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:31 pm

One of my favorite concerts was Bach played on this organ at Die Wieskirch in Germany, when I was about twelve years old. By moonlight, in a beautiful baroque church...in the middle of nowhere.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hobie1dog

PostSubject: Re: What are your other Hobbies?   Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:01 am

WOW, what a church. It's so sad to see how everyone wants to have their own church these days, so they go out and put up metal buildings instead of all coming together as a community and building Cathedrals that took a century to build, held many familys, and united everyone in the process.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harlock999

PostSubject: Re: What are your other Hobbies?   Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:51 am

hobie1dog wrote:
WOW, what a church. It's so sad to see how everyone wants to have their own church these days, so they go out and put up metal buildings instead of all coming together as a community and building Cathedrals that took a century to build, held many familys, and united everyone in the process.

I agree. When people see themselves as being part of individual groups without much in common, it's hard to come together as a community.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
whiskeywillow

Registration date : 2011-01-09

PostSubject: Re: What are your other Hobbies?   Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:36 am

I'm in college right now so I don't have as much time for my hobbies as I'd like, but when I *do* have time they include:

-Films. I love watching and making films; I'm a film major. I have a collection of around 500 films on DVD and at least a dozen seasons worth of television shows in addition. And I consider this only the beginning of my collection. =D I hope to become a casting director...I'm a master at six degrees. I'm completely obsessed with the art of acting, but have no interest in doing it myself.

-Books. I'm a big reader, enjoying mostly fiction (horror, sci fi and fantasy) but also non fiction including topics like anthropology and religion. I also do my fair share of writing but haven't yet graduated from short stories to novel-length work.

-Music. I'm almost always listening to music. I live pretty close to the Starland Ballroom, a venue small in size but huge in terms of notoriety. Their tickets are pretty cheap and I've been lucky enough to see Flogging Molly, George Thorogood and the Destroyers, .38 Special, Motorhead, and Night Ranger there (among many others). I've also done some traveling for concerts, including up to Connecticut to see Billy Joel and down south Jersey to see Lynyrd Skynyrd.

-Outdoors. I dunno, I guess that's a pretty broad topic. I'm not in the best shape but I'm trying to get there. I love nature, and I love to hike. I'm learning archery and hope soon to get a chance to go camping for the first time.

-Sports. I am a crazy, crazy Red Sox fan. I spend most of the off-season feeling ashamed of my post-season behavior...and when I'm not doing that, I like to watch football. I'm a Ravens fan, but not quite as enthusiastic about football as I am about baseball.

I think that covers most of my major hobbies.

Willow
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harlock999

PostSubject: Re: What are your other Hobbies?   Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:51 am

whiskeywillow wrote:
I'm in college right now so I don't have as much time for my hobbies as I'd like, but when I *do* have time they include:

-Films. I love watching and making films; I'm a film major. I have a collection of around 500 films on DVD and at least a dozen seasons worth of television shows in addition. And I consider this only the beginning of my collection. =D I hope to become a casting director...I'm a master at six degrees. I'm completely obsessed with the art of acting, but have no interest in doing it myself.

-Books. I'm a big reader, enjoying mostly fiction (horror, sci fi and fantasy) but also non fiction including topics like anthropology and religion. I also do my fair share of writing but haven't yet graduated from short stories to novel-length work.

-Music. I'm almost always listening to music. I live pretty close to the Starland Ballroom, a venue small in size but huge in terms of notoriety. Their tickets are pretty cheap and I've been lucky enough to see Flogging Molly, George Thorogood and the Destroyers, .38 Special, Motorhead, and Night Ranger there (among many others). I've also done some traveling for concerts, including up to Connecticut to see Billy Joel and down south Jersey to see Lynyrd Skynyrd.

-Outdoors. I dunno, I guess that's a pretty broad topic. I'm not in the best shape but I'm trying to get there. I love nature, and I love to hike. I'm learning archery and hope soon to get a chance to go camping for the first time.

-Sports. I am a crazy, crazy Red Sox fan. I spend most of the off-season feeling ashamed of my post-season behavior...and when I'm not doing that, I like to watch football. I'm a Ravens fan, but not quite as enthusiastic about football as I am about baseball.

Willow

Motorhead and Night Ranger? Nice! What are you favorite films/books?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
whiskeywillow

PostSubject: Re: What are your other Hobbies?   Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:18 am

Harlock999 wrote:
whiskeywillow wrote:

Willow

Motorhead and Night Ranger? Nice! What are you favorite films/books?

Just a few of my favorite films are:

The Amateurs, Beetlejuice, The Big Lebowski, Big Trouble in Little China, The Breakfast Club, Boondock Saints, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, Cheech and Chong's Nice Dreams, City of Lost Children, Clerks, Con Air, Cool Hand Luke, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Dangerous Liaisons, Dead Poets Society, Die Hard (1-3), Disgrace, Equilibrium, Evil Dead trilogy, Fargo, The Fifth Element, A Fish Called Wanda, Forrest Gump, He Died with a Felafel in His Hand, Hot Fuzz, The Hudsucker Proxy, Inglourious Basterds, Jaws, Ladyhawke, A League of Their Own, Legend, The Lost Boys, The Man in the Iron Mask, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Much Ado About Nothing, Natural Born Killers, Nightbreed, Office Space, The Pest, The Princess Bride, Quills, Real Genius, Repo! The Genetic Opera, Reservoir Dogs, Revenge of the nerds, Robin Hood: Men in Tights, Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, Rob Roy, Rocky Horror Picture Show, Rolling Kansas, Serenity, Se7en, Sgt Kabukiman N.Y.P.D., The Shawshank Redemption, Shaun of the Dead, Sherlock Holmes, Silence of the Lambs, Hannibal, Sleepy Hollow, Spaceballs, Starship Troopers, Star Wars (eps IV-VI), Strangeland, Suicide Kings, Surviving the Game, Teeth, Thelma and Louise, This is Spinal Tap, Very Bad Things, V for Vendetta, Wayne's World, What's Eating Gilbert Grape, Wristcutters: A Love Story, Young Frankenstein, Zombieland.

And yes that really is just a few of my favorites. I...I watch a lot of films.

A shorter list is some of my favorite books:
-The Lord of the Rings and The hobbit, by JRR Tolkien
-The Harry Potter series by JK Rowling
-The Increasingly Inaccurately Titled Hitchhiker's Trilogy by Douglas Adams
-Knick Knack Paddy Whack by Ardal O'Hanlon
-Old Man's War by John Scalzi
-Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov
-Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
-Dubliners by James Joyce
-From the Dust Returned by Ray Bradbury
-The Eyes of the Dragon by Stephen King
-the Green Witchcraft series by Ann Moura
-Dracula by Bram Stoker

I guess maybe another hobby of mine is making lists =/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doc Manhattan

Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: What are your other Hobbies?   Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:06 am

Sgt. Kabukiman? Nice! Anyone with a healthy respect for Troma is A-OK.

A bunch of my friends from college are extras in one of the Toxic Avenger movies, which they shot mostly in Poughkeepsie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tobaccocellar.org/tinlist.php?cellar=808
whiskeywillow

PostSubject: Re: What are your other Hobbies?   Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:07 am

Doc Manhattan wrote:
Sgt. Kabukiman? Nice! Anyone with a healthy respect for Troma is A-OK.

A bunch of my friends from college are extras in one of the Toxic Avenger movies, which they shot mostly in Poughkeepsie.

I'm very possibly interning with Troma over this summer. What's your favorite Troma film?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doc Manhattan

Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: What are your other Hobbies?   Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:13 am

Tromeo & Juliet. Although the original Toxie is pretty great, as is Surf Nazis Must Die (I'm not sure if SNMD is Troma-produced or just distributed, anyhow.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tobaccocellar.org/tinlist.php?cellar=808
Harlock999

PostSubject: Re: What are your other Hobbies?   Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:01 pm

Nice list. I'm a Neverwhere fan myself. And Big Trouble in Little China? Classic! One of the few films from the 80's that I still like to watch.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
happypipester

Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: What are your other Hobbies?   Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:29 am

I also see by your tracks most recently listened to dealy that you've been listening to Tom Waits' Rain Dogs.. one of my favorites! Have you watched Down By Law (Jockey Full Of Bourbon was part of the soundtrack).. really cool movie by Jim Jarmusch.. and Tom's one of the main characters!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
whiskeywillow

PostSubject: Re: What are your other Hobbies?   Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:56 am

happypipester wrote:
I also see by your tracks most recently listened to dealy that you've been listening to Tom Waits' Rain Dogs.. one of my favorites! Have you watched Down By Law (Jockey Full Of Bourbon was part of the soundtrack).. really cool movie by Jim Jarmusch.. and Tom's one of the main characters!

I love Down By Law! "If you were a good pimp you would've hit me by now..."

It's probably my favorite performance by Roberto Benigni, although I'm sure not a lot of people would agree with me there. I guess I just like him better in movies he's not also directing. =/ And needless to say I love Tom Waits' performance. I always thought he was a better actor than he tends to get credit for.

Yeah, Tom Waits is one of my favorite musicians. He's going into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in March! About damn time. Alice Cooper's being inducted at the same time. Such a happy year for me =)

Willow
Back to top Go down
View user profile

What are your other Hobbies?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: