Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Carlos
Admin
Carlos

Registration date : 2007-12-10

Its spring time - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Its spring time   Its spring time - Page 2 EmptyTue May 27, 2008 8:49 pm

If you guys want to play with a photo editor, but don't want to pay the bucks for Photoshop, try downloading The Gimp. It's free, works in both Windows and Linux. Powerful too. I have been using it for years. Smile

Nice pics fellows!

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
puros_bran
Nightrider
puros_bran

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Its spring time   Its spring time - Page 2 EmptyTue May 27, 2008 9:13 pm

I have the GIMP on my UBUNTU machine. I'll not start the GIMP v/s PS debate but I will say it very comparable in features and as Carlos stated ya can't beat the price, unfortunatly I'm as hopeless with the GIMP as I am PS.
Back to top Go down
scottyb

scottyb

Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Its spring time   Its spring time - Page 2 EmptyWed May 28, 2008 7:40 am

Fantastic shots - thanks!
Back to top Go down
http://www.piperestore.com
JohnnyO

JohnnyO

Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Its spring time   Its spring time - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 20, 2008 1:52 am

Its spring time - Page 2 N579873406_607542_5977

Its spring time - Page 2 N579873406_607030_9000

Its spring time - Page 2 N579873406_607033_37

Its spring time - Page 2 N579873406_607035_712
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Its spring time   Its spring time - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 20, 2008 3:46 pm

JohnnyO wrote:
Took this yesterday [5/27] at the Quicksilver trails in San Jose, CA...I hate these damn star thistles...walked through too many of these damn things before

Johnny, we have something similar in Eastern Oregon (puncture vine) but this grows right down on the ground. The spines are about a half inch long, and arranged so that no matter which way the small nut at the center lays one of the spines is sticking straight up. Not much trouble for car tires but a bike tire is a different story.
Back to top Go down
mark
Admin
mark

Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Its spring time   Its spring time - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 20, 2008 6:36 pm

Wild blackberry bushes, five feet tall and thorned all the way. When the dairy farming petered out lots of folks turned to strawberry,blackberry and raspberry growing. That died out too, but the plants thrived. So when you're rabbit hunting the strawberry vines grab your ankles, and the blackberry bushes shred your clothes. Poor dogs take a beating on their ears. That photo of the lone daisy amongst the forrest of grass is superb, as are all the rest.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyO

JohnnyO

Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Its spring time   Its spring time - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 20, 2008 8:41 pm

We got those too, always called em goat heads. Popped too many bike tires with those, plus one time when I was a kid I walked bare foot into a big growth of them, fell on my butt, tried to lift my butt off the ground with my hands and ended up being stuck with those a few dozen times....that sucked...
Back to top Go down

Its spring time
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2