HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Warning --- You probably have some of this...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
LL

Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Warning --- You probably have some of this...   Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:57 pm

...in your house or at work, and don't even know it:

http://i.imgur.com/d5ubq.jpg

Back to top Go down
View user profile
pistolero

Registration date : 2010-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Warning --- You probably have some of this...   Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:58 pm

There should be a law! Shocked Shocked Shocked
What a Face What a Face What a Face
Back to top Go down
View user profile
laherb

Registration date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Warning --- You probably have some of this...   Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:15 pm

We better start a petition to ban it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZeroContent

Registration date : 2010-10-23

PostSubject: Re: Warning --- You probably have some of this...   Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:22 pm

Did you see the episode of Penn and Teller's BS where they went to a hippie fest can got tons of people to sign a petition to get it banned from our food supply? It was funny as hell. Tons of people signed it. When asked what it does they said "Consumption can lead to excessive urination, sweating and if you ingest enough can be fatal." Everyone fell for it and signed the petition. Stupid people.

My favorite quote in the world "The world is full of stupid people so let's just removed the warning labels from everything and let the problem sort itself out."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.teantobacco.com
Doc Manhattan

Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Warning --- You probably have some of this...   Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:25 pm

Were you aware that all victims of chronic disease, heart problems, and murder are found with almost 62% dihydrogen monoxide content in their bodies?

Truly, this is the "silent killer"!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tobaccocellar.org/tinlist.php?cellar=808
Hunter5117

Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Warning --- You probably have some of this...   Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:13 pm

Nasty stuff, virtually a universal solvent, will dissolve pretty much anything. I have personally pretty much banned it from the house, especially anywhere the liquor cabinet!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Natch

Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Warning --- You probably have some of this...   Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:18 pm

I've found using it to dilute good Bourbon makes it safe and palatable.

Natch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hermit

Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Warning --- You probably have some of this...   Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:25 pm

"I never drink water; fish fuck in it."
W.C. Fields

Back to top Go down
View user profile
laherb

Registration date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Warning --- You probably have some of this...   Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:41 pm

ZeroContent wrote:
Did you see the episode of Penn and Teller's BS where they went to a hippie fest can got tons of people to sign a petition to get it banned from our food supply? It was funny as hell. Tons of people signed it. When asked what it does they said "Consumption can lead to excessive urination, sweating and if you ingest enough can be fatal." Everyone fell for it and signed the petition. Stupid people.

My favorite quote in the world "The world is full of stupid people so let's just removed the warning labels from everything and let the problem sort itself out."

Penn and Teller did an excellent job at showing how stupid some people are. And how people will take a side without know anything about anything.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hunter5117

Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Warning --- You probably have some of this...   Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:43 pm

Natch wrote:
I've found using it to dilute good Bourbon makes it safe and palatable.

Natch

Natch, it certainly will make the stuff more drinkable, but it is a terrible waste of good bourbon!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shootist51

Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Warning --- You probably have some of this...   Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:29 am

I saw aplace in Nothern Arizona where some one spilled some and it made a hell of a mess!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Warning --- You probably have some of this...   Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:43 am

It will soon be more valuable than oil though.... Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frost

Registration date : 2009-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Warning --- You probably have some of this...   Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:05 am

Maybe, but not in my neighborhood. We are under a "boil water advisory" that was posted on the local paper's website yesterday. Apparently the chlorine system used to disinfect our drinking water failed...On December freakin' 16th. Why the hell it takes a week for them to either realize it or let us know is beyone me.

Last edited by Frost on Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doc Manhattan

Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Warning --- You probably have some of this...   Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:23 am

Frost wrote:
Maybe, but not in my neighborhood. We are under a "boil water advisory" that was posted on the local paper's website yesterday. Apparently the chlorine system used to disinfect our drinking water failed...One December freakin' 16th. Why the hell it takes a week for them to either realize it or let us know is beyone me.
They just found non-healthy levels of the chemical that was poisoning those people in 'Erin Brockovitch' in our city water. What they can do about it short term is... unclear. Guess I'll drink beer until then.

The best, though, was finding out decades later that there were high levels of plutonium in the water at the elementary school I attended. (With all the lead I ingested from those Burger King Star Wars glasses, I was probably completely protected.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tobaccocellar.org/tinlist.php?cellar=808
sstodvictory

Registration date : 2009-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Warning --- You probably have some of this...   Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:22 pm

Years ago I purchased an MSDS database on CD-ROM from Fisher Scientific. The MSDS for water listed a bunch of stupid hazardous properties that were probably the default for whatever template they were using. The one that stuck in my memory is what to do if water gets in your eyes, which was....rinse your eyes with water for 15 minutes. It was corrected in the next database release, but it shows how much attention was really put into those documents.

Steve
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Warning --- You probably have some of this...   Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:06 am

Hermit wrote:
"I never drink water; fish fuck in it."
W.C. Fields

HA! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
thefoolish

Registration date : 2011-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Warning --- You probably have some of this...   Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:39 pm

When I was in high school, I started a petition around my school to ban dihydrogen monoxide.

I said that it was found in our food and in things that we drink, it is finding its way into our waterways, rivers, and oceans. It's even in our babies' food! It can cause excessive sweating, urination, diarrhea, and even death in high enough concentration. Hundreds to thousands of people die as a result of it each year.

I got students to sign the petition and teachers to sign, even science teachers!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tommy

Registration date : 2010-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Warning --- You probably have some of this...   Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:06 pm

I've been taking medication for years that helps rid my system of the stuff.
It's literally saved my life.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Warning --- You probably have some of this...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: