HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Whisky Collection

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Slow Puffs
Resident Sportscaster
Slow Puffs

Registration date : 2007-12-10

Whisky Collection Empty
PostSubject: Whisky Collection   Whisky Collection EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 2:43 pm

Since my tobacco cellar is flush, I thought I'd start a "new" obsession... collecting whisky or as you say south of the border "whiskey".

My "tobacco wall of smiles" is being "over run" by assorted whisky bottles.

I like ryes, but will be venturing out into irish, bourbons, scotch as time goes by.

I never realized there were so many varieties.

I don't think there is a lot of maintenance involved in collecting whisky... ie room temperature, worrying about open containers, humidity, aging... but if someone does know some things I should be alerted about, please feel free to share.
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Canvasback

Canvasback

Registration date : 2009-02-11

Whisky Collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whisky Collection   Whisky Collection EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 5:05 pm

Don't drink too much at one time.

Rodney
Back to top Go down
View user profile
docwatson

docwatson

Registration date : 2008-03-21

Whisky Collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whisky Collection   Whisky Collection EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 5:45 pm

What better way to enjoy a bowl than to enjoy a fine drink with your favorite blend. I haven't ventured into rye whisky but did buy a special bottle of sazerac 15 year old, or was it 18 year old which I haven't opened as yet.
For quite some time I have had the pleasure of sampling and enjoying a number of single malts. The variations and labels are endless as are prices. It's difficult to build a collection of these fine bottles however, they just seem to vanish from the shelves. Good luck and I hope you totally enjoy another venue of collecting
Doc
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harlock999

Harlock999

Registration date : 2010-10-22

Whisky Collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whisky Collection   Whisky Collection EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 7:02 pm

docwatson wrote:
What better way to enjoy a bowl than to enjoy a fine drink with your favorite blend. I haven't ventured into rye whisky but did buy a special bottle of sazerac 15 year old, or was it 18 year old which I haven't opened as yet.
For quite some time I have had the pleasure of sampling and enjoying a number of single malts. The variations and labels are endless as are prices. It's difficult to build a collection of these fine bottles however, they just seem to vanish from the shelves. Good luck and I hope you totally enjoy another venue of collecting
Doc

Drinking and collecting, I love it! Good luck with your acquisitions, and have a great new year!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hunter5117

Hunter5117

Registration date : 2009-07-29

Whisky Collection Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whisky Collection   Whisky Collection EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 10:52 am

A widow lady that my wife works with had some stuff from her husband she wanted to get rid of. I said I would buy it (guns and stuff). Ended up she had 5 unopened bottles of various whiskeys, including a 1957 bottle of Crown Royal, an early 1970's Seagrams in special Christmas packaging, plus some other less know brands all in the range of 40+ years old. Date stamps still intact on all of them. I know whiskey doesn't age once it is bottled but they look pretty cool sitting on my bar and I got them free in the deal! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Whisky Collection
Page 1 of 1