HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

New Year

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
harperscampminer

Registration date : 2010-12-27

PostSubject: New Year   Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:00 pm

Brothers,
I have finally found the "flavor" in my pipe and tobacco. I have smoked about 10 bowls of Peterson's Christmas Blend In my Peterson Christmas Pipe and with the last bowl I noticed how good it could be.
The first bowl was OK had some flavor. The next day I smoked 3 bowls and it tasted crappy but I kept going remembering that you have to be patient. Boy did I have some tongue bit after that day and didn't smoke any the next day!
From following your advice and playing with my smoking and packing it has slowly gotten better and I believe I have found the perfect combination for this pipe and tobacco. I was actually able to detect the flavors on the tip of my tongue!!!!
Another huge note was the drying of the blend before smoking. I found that 30 min to 1 hour for the Christmas blend does the trick right now. The first few bowls were right out of the box and had some gurgling to them so I started to dry the tobacco out as suggested. As I said what a difference.

Now I have a couple of questions:
I am wanting to try a different blend more on the savory side like an english blend? Am i correct in thinking that these blends do not have any added flavoring and the flavor comes from the tobacco?
I am also a cigar smoker in the summer, so is there any pipe tobacco with cigar leaf in it?
As well I work outdoors so would it be a good idea to start smoking some flake cut blends? Is it true that they are good for smoking outdoors?
Brothers can you please pass any tobacco recommendations on to me as all suggestions are appreciated. There is a lot of information out there and I need a place to start. I am looking to sample a few types, pick what I like and store the rest away for aging and future sampling.

Thanks in advance

As well best wishes in the New Year to all BoB.... may you have endless matches and full bowls in the year to come!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

New Year
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1