HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What's your favorite beer?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
BurleyLegal

Registration date : 2012-08-16

What's your favorite beer? - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite beer?   What's your favorite beer? - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 3:17 pm

After having heart surgery I don't really drink anymore, which is fine since I did a lifetime's worth of imbibery beforehand! Picking an all time favorite would be an exercise in futility, though if a gun were to my head I would go with Guinness Draught. It's always been my go-to "I can't decide" beer. So much so that I have the Guinness harp logo tattooed on my forearm. It makes ordering in loud bars easy! cyclops
Back to top Go down
Greyson

Greyson

Registration date : 2012-08-03

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite beer?   What's your favorite beer? - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 6:05 pm

I don't drink much, and when I do I usually stick to traditional ales and some bitters. But if you get a chance to try Duvel, you may well like it, its a Belgian beer with a hell of a punch (for beer) at about 6.8%.

What's your favorite beer? - Page 6 Duvelt

I can also recommend:

Admiral's Ale
What's your favorite beer? - Page 6 Admiralsale

Tribute Extra
What's your favorite beer? - Page 6 Tributeextra

Sharps doom bar
What's your favorite beer? - Page 6 Doombar

(Dartmoor) Jail Ale
What's your favorite beer? - Page 6 Jailc

There was also a red one that had religious overtones... Cardinals something? I drank a lot of it at my local one night and the details are fuzzy. I'll check into it and get back to you Smile
Back to top Go down
J Soshae

J Soshae

Registration date : 2011-08-19

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite beer?   What's your favorite beer? - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 7:15 pm

What's your favorite beer? - Page 6 Heineken_beer_bottle-1

or

What's your favorite beer? - Page 6 Dos_Equis_ocean_view
Back to top Go down
femur

femur

Registration date : 2012-05-07

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite beer?   What's your favorite beer? - Page 6 EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 4:51 pm

As of late I've been into Bell's Double Cream Stout. Yum!
Back to top Go down
beetlejazz

beetlejazz

Registration date : 2012-08-17

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite beer?   What's your favorite beer? - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 2:30 pm

Spitfire!!! Very Happy There's a lot of beers I enjoy, much depending on a situation (like... Marston's Strong Pale Ale tastes great while in the sauna, and some nice weissbier while just out the sauna), and I know there's a world of beer out there to get to know (just thinking about it makes me smile Very Happy ) but for years now a good pint of Spitfire is something that makes me instantly relax. Yum yum yum!
Back to top Go down
ragged claws

Registration date : 2012-11-03

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite beer?   What's your favorite beer? - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 1:53 pm

Newcastle Brown Ale served cool (not cold).

Kim
Back to top Go down
the rev

the rev

Registration date : 2012-10-08

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite beer?   What's your favorite beer? - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 1:58 pm

Arrogant Bastard Ale from Stone Brewery

rev
Back to top Go down
http://revspipes.com
Jhenderson

Jhenderson

Registration date : 2013-03-20

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite beer?   What's your favorite beer? - Page 6 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 9:37 am

My fav would have to be either Guinness Draught or Blue Moon. However Blackstone Brewery's nut brown ale goes very well with dunhill 965.
Back to top Go down
Vito

Vito

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite beer?   What's your favorite beer? - Page 6 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 5:11 pm

For me, beer is like pipe tobacco; it's impossible to pick a favorite. There are too many great choices that have their own virtues. Besides, I get tired of the same thing over and over again. Variety is the spice...and all that.

Anyhow, I do have some preferences. These days I'm partial to red and amber ales. Currently, my go-to, solid-as-Gibraltar, everyday brewski is Killian's Red.

But there are so many different kinds of beer that it's impossible (for me, anyway) to equate them. How can one compare the brisk, hops-infested India pale ales with something as rich, dark, and chewy as MacEwan's Tartan Ale, or Asahi Premium Black? They're worlds apart.

I'm also fond of stouts. Trader Joe's Stockyard Oatmeal Stout is a nice offering. I'd have to say that I probably will always consider Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout to be the benchmark for my stoutish tastes.

jocolor
Back to top Go down
http://www.vitotuxedo.com/VitoSpace/Home/=index.html
HCraven

HCraven

Registration date : 2012-12-09

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite beer?   What's your favorite beer? - Page 6 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 5:29 pm

I have to qualify my favorite: I think some of the best beers I've ever tasted in my life are Belgian abbey ales and Trappist ales, like Trappistes Rochefort 10, St. Bernadus ABT12 and Tripel Karmeliet. Just astounding beers. I rate lots of other styles very highly as well, but my never-fail, fall-back favorite brew will probably always be Anchor Steam Beer. It refreshes without tasting watered down, it has a respectable hop profile but isn't a hop-bomb, and I've been able to buy it for as long as I've enjoyed beer, which I began doing back when Sam Adams was just an upstart, so it's also a sentimental favorite.
Back to top Go down
Vito

Vito

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite beer?   What's your favorite beer? - Page 6 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 7:41 pm

HCraven wrote:
...I think some of the best beers I've ever tasted in my life are Belgian abbey ales and Trappist ales, like Trappistes Rochefort 10, St. Bernadus ABT12 and Tripel Karmeliet. Just astounding beers...
OK...that clinches it. I have an old friend whom I don't see often these days, but I recall him saying once that the Trappist ales were among the best he had ever tasted. I'm definitely going to glom onto some and see for myself. What's your favorite beer? - Page 6 710492

jocolor
Back to top Go down
millerman

millerman

Registration date : 2013-02-01

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite beer?   What's your favorite beer? - Page 6 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 10:05 pm

Well lucky for me I work for a brewery. By my name you might could guess. Yep I work for MillerCoors. Not only do they supply me my favorite beers, but I get 3 cases free every month and 4 cases at a discount ( under 10 bucks ) a week. Not bragging, but it is a nice benefit. So, I like High Life, High Life Light is even better, Coors Banquet, Miller Lite, I love almost all the Leinenkugel's, a lot of the Blue Moons, some of the Henry Weinhardts, love Fosters, Redds Apple Ale, and we also do some contract brews therefore Pabst Blue Ribbon on draft is always good. I work on the original aluminum pint bottle line , the plant in Colorado has since put another line in, so if you drink anything out of these please continue to do so. It will keep another brother working and able to continue his pipe hobby. Happy Drinking, I believe It's Miller Time!
Back to top Go down
Fatman

Fatman

Registration date : 2013-02-14

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite beer?   What's your favorite beer? - Page 6 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 10:51 pm

My favorite beer would be free beer, second favorite would be cold free beer.
Back to top Go down
Vito

Vito

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite beer?   What's your favorite beer? - Page 6 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 11:03 pm

Fatman wrote:
My favorite beer would be free beer, second favorite would be cold free beer.
I have to admit that I don't get the cold beer thang. I acknowledge that some folks like it that way, but my preference is that the beer be cool—about 68° is perfect.

Different strokes fo' different folks, I guess. No prollem with free beer, though! What's your favorite beer? - Page 6 710492

jocolor
Back to top Go down
HCraven

HCraven

Registration date : 2012-12-09

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite beer?   What's your favorite beer? - Page 6 EmptySat Mar 23, 2013 11:35 pm

Vito wrote:
HCraven wrote:
...I think some of the best beers I've ever tasted in my life are Belgian abbey ales and Trappist ales, like Trappistes Rochefort 10, St. Bernadus ABT12 and Tripel Karmeliet. Just astounding beers...
OK...that clinches it. I have an old friend whom I don't see often these days, but I recall him saying once that the Trappist ales were among the best he had ever tasted. I'm definitely going to glom onto some and see for myself. What's your favorite beer? - Page 6 710492

jocolor

I think you'll really like them, Vito. While I enjoy most of the Authentic Trappist Products, abbey ales (i.e. those of similar styles brewed outside a Trappist monastery) are often just as good. They don't even need to come from Belgium or France. Ommegang, from New York, brews some exceptional Belgian and abbey-style ales that are widely available and often a bit cheaper than their imported counterparts. While I enjoy a cold beer as much as the next guy, these ales are best quaffed at warmer temperatures, so you should get along well with them.
Back to top Go down
RDPipes

RDPipes

Registration date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite beer?   What's your favorite beer? - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 6:56 pm

Use to be Lone Star or Coors
Back to top Go down
http://rdpipes.briar.club/
Old Nate
Not Really Old
Old Nate

Registration date : 2014-08-27

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite beer?   What's your favorite beer? - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 5:29 pm

So many great breweries out there today...

Great Divide Oak Aged Yeti
Southern Tier Choklat
Victory Prima Pils
Oskar Blues Ten Fiddy
Saison Dupont

... And many more wonderful craft brews out there. Those are some that I really like.

Nate
Back to top Go down
d4klutz

d4klutz

Registration date : 2014-01-23

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite beer?   What's your favorite beer? - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 7:51 pm

Favorite beers are hard to name for me.  I think it is more the style of beer I like better.  1)stouts , 2) brown ales

I also like to brew my own.  Some of my favorites are Left Hand Milk Stout and a Sierra Nevada Tumbler that I cant find anymore Sad.  It has been 3 yrs since I have had some, as I cant get it except by keg anymore, and I cant quite afford that with my PAD and TAD.  Plus it would take me a year to drink that much beer.  LOL

I make a beer called Breakfast Stout - Oatmeal Milk Stout with Molasses. I need to make some more. It is yummy! My favorite homebrew.
Back to top Go down
http://d4klutz.blogspot.com
Vito

Vito

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite beer?   What's your favorite beer? - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 11:55 pm

Karl Strauss Brewing Company Pintail Pale Ale. It's a 10. Really.

What's your favorite beer? - Page 6 PTSix_lw

What's your favorite beer? - Page 6 Newjok12
Back to top Go down
Retrogasm

Retrogasm

Registration date : 2014-08-10

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite beer?   What's your favorite beer? - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 3:29 pm

What's your favorite beer? - Page 6 Duvel_10

By far the driest beer I've had, with a great citrusy tang to it. It does pack quite a wallop in the alcohol department though so make it a weekend or something if you decide to try it. After a workday one or two of these almost means lights out for me.
Back to top Go down
huffelpuff

huffelpuff

Registration date : 2011-12-10

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite beer?   What's your favorite beer? - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 1:15 am

I have a serious thing for Baltica #6 which is their Porter. Half a liter of dark, sweet heaven. Too bad I'm only able to have one bottle about every two months. Stupid meds.
Back to top Go down
tarheel7734

tarheel7734

Registration date : 2014-10-16

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite beer?   What's your favorite beer? - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 1:50 am

Depends on what mood I am in. I like Youngs Double Chocolate Stout, Boddingtons, Belhaven Scottish ale, Murphy's stout, Kilkenny and Bedford Irish cream ale. I do enjoy Hacker Pschorr Weiss and dunhill. I really don't care for a hoppy beers. Much prefer malty ones.
Back to top Go down
mark
Admin
mark

Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite beer?   What's your favorite beer? - Page 6 EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 9:28 am

Caribou Slobber. I buy the ingredients from Northern brewer supply. Malty english brown.

Sometimes I wake up grumpy. Other times I let her sleep.
Back to top Go down

What's your favorite beer?
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6