What's your favorite beer?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Dillon

Dillon

Registration date : 2008-10-26

What's your favorite beer? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite beer?   What's your favorite beer? - Page 3 EmptySun May 15, 2011 10:46 pm

My go-to beers are High Life, Pabst, and Budweiser Original. Can't beat the first two for about $4.50 for a six-pack or $1.20 for a 40oz. It's not great, but it's definitely drinkable.

My all-time favorites I've ever had though are
Schneider Weisse (Hefeweizen, had it in Germany, it's a small brewery in Bavaria that supposedly only ships to one pub in any given town)
Bitburger Pils (The German equivalent of any of the Light beers, except not Light, and in Germany it's at least 500% better)
Jever Pils
Black Engine Oil (Super-thick Scottish brew, about $5 a bottle, so it's a treat)
Shock-Top (Reminds me of German Heffies even though it's Belgian)
Samuel Smith Taddy Porter
Back to top Go down
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite beer?   What's your favorite beer? - Page 3 EmptySat May 21, 2011 7:46 pm

Being a professional brewer at a small WA state microbrewery I have the pleasure of enjoying my own beers on a regular basis. Not surprisingly, I reach for them daily since I brew them all to my tastes!

My brewery is Snoqualmie Falls Brewing located about 30 miles east of Seattle in the valley under the foothills of the Cascades.

While I enjoy all our line at various times, I particularly enjoy our flagship brand Wildcat IPA (hop monster at 76 IBU's, 6.6% ABV, and huge grapefruit hop presence from 100% WA grown Columbus hops), Copperhead Pale Ale (toasty malt character offset by WA grown Cascade hops - about 5.5% ABV), and right now especially our summer seasonal "Summer Beer" which is a pre-prohibition Pils that is clean, crisp, dryish, and mostly Czech Saaz hops which gives it a herbal lemony character. Also about 5.5% ABV. All yummy as all getout!

Unfortunately we cannot ship directly to individuals, so no chance of ordering our ales on line. Sorry.

Here's our website in case you want to learn more. And yes I know it's woefully inadequate at the moment and in need of improvement! But if you're in the area and want to stop by sometime we have a great brewery Tap Room with very good food, and are family friendly. BTW, the Tap Room is currently in a major expansion mode which will double the seating capacity, expand the kitchen and menu, and upgrade the toilets, plus much more.

www.fallsbrew.com

If anyone is contemplating coming by shoot me a pm and I'll gladly share a bowl with you on the brewery loading dock, as there is no smoking indoors anywhere in WA state.

Cheers,

RR

cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.randereed.com
Doc Manhattan

Doc Manhattan

Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite beer?   What's your favorite beer? - Page 3 EmptySat May 21, 2011 8:19 pm

RR, that Summer pils sounds right up my alley... wish it didn't take a round-trip to SEA/TAC to try it.

But I have to admit, when I see "Snoqualmie," the first thing I think of is Twin Peaks... no prom queens with troubled pasts turning up in any of your kegs, I hope?
Back to top Go down
http://tobaccocellar.org/tinlist.php?cellar=808
Brewdude
Brewdude

Registration date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite beer?   What's your favorite beer? - Page 3 EmptySat May 21, 2011 8:53 pm

Doc Manhattan wrote:
RR, that Summer pils sounds right up my alley... wish it didn't take a round-trip to SEA/TAC to try it.

But I have to admit, when I see "Snoqualmie," the first thing I think of is Twin Peaks... no prom queens with troubled pasts turning up in any of your kegs, I hope?

Doc, the Twin Peaks thing is alive and well here. Yet the line seems to blur between Twin Peaks and Northern Exposure, which was also filmed here.

We get whole loads of tourists bent on checking out the sights.

Cheers,

RR
Back to top Go down
http://www.randereed.com
itsKot

itsKot

Registration date : 2010-09-19

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite beer?   What's your favorite beer? - Page 3 EmptySun May 22, 2011 4:59 am

Just recently had the chance to visit the Saint Arnold's Brewery here in Houston, $7 for 4 pints and a free glass, can't beat that with a stick! I tried their Texas wheat, Elissa IPA, Brown Ale, and Summer Pils. The Texas Wheat wasn't my favorite, which is sad because there's nothing I love more than a wheat beer. Elissa, was very good, very flavorful and true to IPA hoppiness, highly recommended though I cannot drink IPA's like I can other beers. Skipping the Brown Ale to the Summer Pils for now, which was good! Very cool and refreshing, get it now while they're making it! The Brown Ale was by far my favorite of the lot though, it blew me away! I think part of the reason I enjoyed it so much is I did not expect it to be so good, but I can't get enough of it! If anyone ever gets the chance to visit, do yourself a favor and swing by! Don't forget to try their root beer too!

I should note, the glasses you're given when entering aren't pint glasses, but if you bring in any St. Arnold's glass of any size, they'll fill it! Here's their site for the curious http://www.saintarnold.com/
Back to top Go down
msmith1956

msmith1956

Registration date : 2011-06-10

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite beer?   What's your favorite beer? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 6:22 pm

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale and Extra IPA!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/w4mms
Jack Howard

Registration date : 2010-05-25

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite beer?   What's your favorite beer? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 8:26 pm

My favourites are from the Quebec micro-brewer, Unibroue. Standouts are Maudite, Trois Pistoles, and La Fin du Monde.
Back to top Go down
Tim_Haggerty

Tim_Haggerty

Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite beer?   What's your favorite beer? - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 2:40 pm

There's a fine beer emporium here that sells its remainders as "Mystery Beer" as a $3 pint, so I'm game for anything. If favorite means most often drank, then Yuengling Lager, preferably on tap.
Back to top Go down
Harlock999

Harlock999

Registration date : 2010-10-22

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite beer?   What's your favorite beer? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 8:01 pm

What's your favorite beer? - Page 3 Dsc_0913
Back to top Go down
i.keenum

i.keenum

Registration date : 2011-06-12

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite beer?   What's your favorite beer? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 10:03 pm

Guinness Stout and Mc Sorley's What's your favorite beer? - Page 3 Mcsorl10
Back to top Go down
http://ian.keenum@gmail.com
str8razor

str8razor

Registration date : 2011-06-17

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite beer?   What's your favorite beer? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 5:33 pm

Pabst Blue Ribbon
Back to top Go down
http://www.reinstatehank.org
pipemaker

pipemaker

Registration date : 2007-12-18

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite beer?   What's your favorite beer? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 10:46 pm

This is the famous Budweiser beer. We know of no brand produced by any other brewer which costs so little to produce and so much to promote. Our exclusive Beechwood Aging produces an isipidness you will find in no other beer at any price ... except in Bud Light.
Back to top Go down
http://my.execpc.com/~maddog92/Pipes2/pipes.html
Doc Manhattan

Doc Manhattan

Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite beer?   What's your favorite beer? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 6:37 am

pipemaker wrote:
This is the famous Budweiser beer. We know of no brand produced by any other brewer which costs so little to produce and so much to promote. Our exclusive Beechwood Aging produces an isipidness you will find in no other beer at any price ... except in Bud Light.
cheers

I love the Rolling Rock motto... "We tender this premium beer for your enjoyment, as a tribute to your good taste." In other words, good move buying our cheap beer, you clever handsome devil you.
Back to top Go down
http://tobaccocellar.org/tinlist.php?cellar=808
itsKot

itsKot

Registration date : 2010-09-19

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite beer?   What's your favorite beer? - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 11:16 pm

After a good few longnecks of Widmer Brothers, I've got to add another to my favorites. Drifter Pale Ale. It has a nice hop presence with just the right amount of citrus to lend itself to the beer rather than overpower it. Grab some when you get the chance guys, you won't be disappointed... And if you are you can just send me the rest Laughing
Back to top Go down
Krusty

Krusty

Registration date : 2010-12-20

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite beer?   What's your favorite beer? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 12:33 am

Guinness Extra Stout is my preferred brew.
Back to top Go down
Red Ryder

Red Ryder

Registration date : 2011-07-06

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite beer?   What's your favorite beer? - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 5:46 pm

My favorite beer ?

COLD
Back to top Go down
NicholasDestray

Registration date : 2011-08-17

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite beer?   What's your favorite beer? - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 10:40 am

That's a tough one. There's so much good beer out there.

If I had to pick one favorite, it would be Okocim Porter, from Poland. Contrary to popular sentiment, I've never been of the opinion that beer travels very well, and for me to be willing to drink an import from halfway around the world is a testament to how much I regard this brand. However, the bottles are a little large for my taste, and the price is a little high. I only drink it on special occasions.

Another import that hasn't failed me yet (and comes in more manageable bottles) is Troublette, from the Brasserie Caracole, in Belgium. Troublette is a witbier, I think.

My favorite at-home beer is canned (not bottled) Sapporo. The stuff I drink here in Washington is brewed in Ontario, so it's not like it's flying across the Pacific Ocean to reach me.

When I'm at a bar, I'll go with the amber or red ale on tap, as long as it's not Mac and Jack's or Men's Room Red. I'm not sure what it's currently like elsewhere, but around here, it's hard to find a bar that will carry even one each of an amber, a porter, and a stout, while it's equally hard to find a bar that will have anything less than three IPAs on tap.

I'll put a word in for the Trader Joe's Vintage Ale, but the results are different every year. The 2009 and 2010 were both good, I thought, reminiscent of Okocim Porter. Who knows what 2011 will be like?
Back to top Go down
Preacher

Preacher

Registration date : 2011-06-23

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite beer?   What's your favorite beer? - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 9:10 pm

Right now I'm partial to Blue Moon Belgian Ale.
Back to top Go down
riff raff

riff raff

Registration date : 2011-05-24

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite beer?   What's your favorite beer? - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 11:07 pm

Standard drink, at home: Yuenglings Premium Light (the best light beer I've ever had). I buy 3-4 cases at a time when I travel thru PA

Bar/Restaurant - Yuenglings Lager or Sam Adams Boston Lager (Draft preferred)

Treat: Yuenglings Dark Porter or Lancaster Milk Stout

I can't stand any beer with fruit introduced, IPA's or pale ales.

My daughter lives in New Orleans. While there, I acquired a taste for the aforementioned Arbita Amber (very similar to Yuenglings Lager). I had one bottle (32 oz) of the Turbo Dog, powerful stuff!
Back to top Go down
s.ireland

Registration date : 2010-08-14

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite beer?   What's your favorite beer? - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 1:02 pm

So many great beers out there... But here's a few regulars of mine that I'm surprised haven't been mentioned

San Diego has many great breweries but two of particular note are

Stone
What's your favorite beer? - Page 3 8aebcaee
And Ballast Point. I like Yellow Tail a lot
What's your favorite beer? - Page 3 79ea1679

Two awesome ales from Colorado
What's your favorite beer? - Page 3 77c45354
What's your favorite beer? - Page 3 77ae63ec

And whenever I feel like I need to celebrate, I pick up a six pack of this... It was my late father's favorite beer for years.
What's your favorite beer? - Page 3 654fa876
Back to top Go down
Young briar fan

Young briar fan

Registration date : 2011-09-21

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite beer?   What's your favorite beer? - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 9:54 pm

Pabst Blue Ribbon
Fat Tire
Budwieser
He'll I like em all!
Back to top Go down
Boxerbuddy

Boxerbuddy

Registration date : 2011-10-06

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite beer?   What's your favorite beer? - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 6:09 am

Being a huge IPA fan....the beer that all other IPA's should be judged against imo is Dogfishhead 90 minute ale witha Bear Republic Hop Rod Rye a very close second. Having said that I just love beer in general....unfortunately my gut does not.
Back to top Go down
Josjor

Josjor

Registration date : 2011-07-27

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite beer?   What's your favorite beer? - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 6:52 am

What's my favorite beer?

Free, of course!!

I like the dark stuff. If you pour it into a glass and people mistakenly believe you are drinking cola, that's about right for me. My go-to beer of late has been Shiner Black, made in the big city of Shiner, TX. Second to that is Third Stone Brown from Empyrian Ales in Lincoln, NE. Both are pretty traditional dark beers without quite as much heaviness or alc. as Guinness Extra Stout.

About the only beers I can't stand are those with sweeteners/citrus/honey crap in them. I also have never found a wheat beer that I can tolerate. They're just wrong. I figure if God wanted us to make beer out of wheat, He would have made wheat out of barley.
Back to top Go down
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite beer?   What's your favorite beer? - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 12:54 pm

What's your favorite beer? - Page 3 Aecht-schlenkerla-rauchbier1

What's your favorite beer? - Page 3 Page24-a

What's your favorite beer? - Page 3 Kilt_image

Not really beers but...

What's your favorite beer? - Page 3 New-b-henneys-dry-cider-condensationanddripsandapple-usm-rgb

What's your favorite beer? - Page 3 4577725758_2fe1915923
Back to top Go down
Kyle Weiss

Kyle Weiss

Registration date : 2011-09-18

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite beer?   What's your favorite beer? - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 12:56 pm

Boxerbuddy wrote:
Being a huge IPA fan....the beer that all other IPA's should be judged against imo is Dogfishhead 90 minute ale witha Bear Republic Hop Rod Rye a very close second. Having said that I just love beer in general....unfortunately my gut does not.

Dogfishhead makes REALLY GOOD STUFF... I'm not an IPA fan, though.

My stomach also dislikes beer. Once in a while, my tongue tells it to shut the hell up. Laughing Smile

Back to top Go down

What's your favorite beer?
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next