HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Ken Collins AKA Pipetongue AKA Dad

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Ol'Dawg

Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Ken Collins AKA Pipetongue AKA Dad   Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:35 am

Thanks for keeping us informed Doc. That's certainly sad news and not a good thing for me to start the day with. Ken is and was a dandy brother and I'll miss him and his comments and presence on the board.

Jim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Natch

Registration date : 2007-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Ken Collins AKA Pipetongue AKA Dad   Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:07 pm

Very sad to hear. But he lived a long (and by his own admission, rather rough) life and turned it around in time to earn the love and respect of all of us here and those that know him. A small bit of his wisdom (and gifts) will remain in the tobaccos I smoke daily.

Natch Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
happypipester

Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Ken Collins AKA Pipetongue AKA Dad   Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:21 pm

Wow.. I'm really not sure of what to say.. I never got a chance to say much to Ken, but always loved reading his posts.. it was pretty obvious right away he was a very special guy, and meant a lot to many people on BoB.. may everything go as peacefully as possible for him, and for his family.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
glpease
Dark Lord

Registration date : 2007-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Ken Collins AKA Pipetongue AKA Dad   Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:00 pm

Maiser wrote:
If you can, Doc, please tell Ken we all say thank you for being with us while he was.

It's never easy to find the right words in sad moments like this, but this is lovely. Too often, we offer condolences and sorrow; too rarely, we offer thanks.

Please do, Dock, if you can. May the knowledge of everyone's appreciation for his time here ease his passing. Ken's often unique perspective will be missed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.glpease.com
jhuggett
BoB's Pioneer & Founding Father

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Ken Collins AKA Pipetongue AKA Dad   Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:35 pm

Ken exemplifies brotherhood and is a true inspiration for many of us. He was one of the first people that showed me that an online community of fellow pipe smokers can be much more than just another internet forum. That true friendships can be forged without ever having met. I feel very lucky for having him with us over the years.

Thank you Dock for keeping us informed. You and Ken's family have my deepest sympathies.

"Freedom, Security, Convenience: Choose Two"
"For me, I will take freedom over security and I will take security over convenience." ~ Dan Geer
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.brothersofbriar.com
Midnight Blues
Vinyl`meister

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Ken Collins AKA Pipetongue AKA Dad   Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:59 pm

News like this is never easy, I have to believe that Ken is going to a better place. On this board with all of us he is a kind and gentle soul, respectful (in his own way) and always offering to share. Dock as others have said, if you can, let Ken know he was among friends here...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vito

PostSubject: Re: Ken Collins AKA Pipetongue AKA Dad   Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:58 pm

Ken is one of the mainstays who came here (with many of the rest of us) from the old Knoxville Cigar BB. The man has a huge heart, and to my knowledge he has never spoken an unkind word to anyone. I feel a sense of personal loss and sadness in the anticipation that he won't be around. My very best thoughts and wishes go out to him, his family, and all of the brethren here who have come to know Ken as a friend.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.vitotuxedo.com/VitoSpace/Home/=index.html
Puff Daddy

PostSubject: Re: Ken Collins AKA Pipetongue AKA Dad   Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:04 pm

Tried three times to write something here but nothing I can say honors the gentleman enough. The consensus of sentiment here on the board sums up as well as anything what a great guy Ken was and what he meant to us here.

I raise my glass to you Ken, you're in my prayers, and I thank you for honoring us with your presence here. Too many good men going lately.......

LV9

Registration date : 2009-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Ken Collins AKA Pipetongue AKA Dad   Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:06 pm

Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ken Collins AKA Pipetongue AKA Dad   Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:00 pm

I have always wished all the best for Ken. I was fortunate to have been able to briefly speak with him last month. I sure couldn't tell by the voice on the phone that he had ever been ill. Only his admission that he had. If the maker is going to take him, I hope it's quick and peaceful. Or give him the strength to get well and spend more time with us all.

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DoverPipes

Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Ken Collins AKA Pipetongue AKA Dad   Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:00 pm

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gandalfpc

Registration date : 2009-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Ken Collins AKA Pipetongue AKA Dad   Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:35 am

I have no more words than a heavy heart can hold Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pipefan2009

Registration date : 2009-12-10

PostSubject: :(   Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:55 pm

You will be missed Ken.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/Pipefan2009
bronxbill

Registration date : 2007-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Ken Collins AKA Pipetongue AKA Dad   Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:31 pm

Sad, sad, sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tony Ferrill
The Enlightened One

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Ken Collins AKA Pipetongue AKA Dad   Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:09 pm

What a great guy-generous and kind hearted;the calabash will get a few smokes this week in Ken's honor.T
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikem
The Coordinator

Registration date : 2007-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Ken Collins AKA Pipetongue AKA Dad   Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:17 pm

puros_bran wrote:
Chevy I think he was everyones Mentor...

He has gifted most of us.. Not only with tobacco and such but with something more important his love of the pipe, the knowledge he has gathered over the many years of puffing, and life wisdom..

I've never met the man, I wanted to it just never worked out, but I've been (edit in: a lot of us have) talking to him for 5 or 6 years..

Back on the old Knox board he posted a lot more than he has the past year or so.. Quick,cutting wit.. Not the kind that hurt, the kind you couldn't help but grin about..

He is one of the unspoken giants of the pipe world. And I feel like a better person for having been blessed by getting to talk to him.

I hope beyond hope he rebounds and comes back and fusses at us for making deal.. Lol.. Anyone ever received a package from him warning you to not make a fuss about it? Lol I think we all have..
If not I hope the good Lord takes him in peace and grants a measure of strenth to Mrs Collins.. Our loss will be nothing compared to hers.
I couldn't of said it better. He has been a great mentor and friend to a lot of us for many a year. My thoughts and prayers are with Ken and his family.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RonA3597

Registration date : 2008-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Ken Collins AKA Pipetongue AKA Dad   Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:57 pm

Dock, That is sad news indeed. You and all the family are in my prayers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jazzman

Registration date : 2010-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Ken Collins AKA Pipetongue AKA Dad   Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:06 pm

Wow, just got the news and am shocked and immensely saddened. My heartfelt prayers go out to his wife and family.

I was lucky to have Ken in my pipe club, and being somewhat of a newbie I definitely benefitted from his sage wisdom. I probably have too much "Italian wood" and not enough "Bosun Cut Plug" because of him. He was a great man.

May his wife and family find comfort in the countless lives he touched.

Sincerely-Mike
Back to top Go down
View user profile
happypipester

Registration date : 2009-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Ken Collins AKA Pipetongue AKA Dad   Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:45 pm

I'm still very saddened by this news.. such a wealth of information, wit, kindness and as he said not so long ago, a tranquil heart & mind. He will be missed terribly.

Has anyone heard any updates on Ken's condition? While it didn't sound like things were looking hopeful, miracles do happen.

Whatever the current situation, may Ken, his family & his many friends here and elsewhere find peace and tranquility.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jack Straw

Registration date : 2009-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Ken Collins AKA Pipetongue AKA Dad   Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:31 am

Quote :
Kenneth F. Collins passed away at Signature Healthcare Brockton Hospital Jan. 19, 2011, at the age of 66. Born in Boston, he had lived in Abington many years. Ken was a friend of Bill W. He enjoyed gardening, reading, the Red Sox and was a member of the Sherlock Holmes Pipe Club. Beloved husband of Mary K. (Donovan) Collins, he was the father of Amy Anderson of Waltham and Cheryl Persichetti married to Nathan of Chemlsford; dear friend of Maryellen Flaherty of Abington and her children, P.J., Molly and Kerry Flaherty. Funeral service in the South Weymouth McDonald Funeral Home, 809 Main St. (Rte. 18 opposite South Shore Hospital), Monday at 11 Oclock. Relatives and friends invited. Visiting hours Sunday 2-6 p.m.
God bless him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Ken Collins AKA Pipetongue AKA Dad   Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:07 am

I am heart broken right now!!
I really do not know what to say!
KEN, I love ya man!!! You stand as a monument to the briar and leaf.

............. I'll send you more Condor Old Man!!!!

What LL said!!!!
That's just Shit! Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
MartinH

Registration date : 2011-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Ken Collins AKA Pipetongue AKA Dad   Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:51 am

66 is too young to leave this world. My sincere condolences and heartfelt prayer for his family and friends.

Martin
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.pipereviews.org
Cody V

Registration date : 2010-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Ken Collins AKA Pipetongue AKA Dad   Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:53 am

Well it breaks my heart to hear the news. He will be very missed.

Thanks for updating us Jack
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dock
BoB's Team

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Ken's Obit   Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:23 pm

Got this today from an SHPC member:

Kenneth F. Collins

Kenneth F. Collins passed away at Signature Healthcare Brockton Hospital Jan. 19, 2011, at the age of 66. Born in Boston, he had lived in Abington many years. Ken was a friend of Bill W. He enjoyed gardening, reading, the Red Sox and was a member of the Sherlock Holmes Pipe Club. Beloved husband of Mary K. (Donovan) Collins, he was the father of Amy Anderson of Waltham and Cheryl Persichetti married to Nathan of Chemlsford; dear friend of Maryellen Flaherty of Abington and her children, P.J., Molly and Kerry Flaherty. Funeral service in the South Weymouth McDonald Funeral Home, 809 Main St. (Rte. 18 opposite South Shore Hospital), Monday at 11 Oclock. Relatives and friends invited. Visiting hours Sunday 2-6 p.m. mcdonald-funeralhomes.com
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/dock.perry
jhuggett
BoB's Pioneer & Founding Father

PostSubject: Re: Ken Collins AKA Pipetongue AKA Dad   Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:28 pm

You will be missed...

"Pacem en Puffing!"

"Freedom, Security, Convenience: Choose Two"
"For me, I will take freedom over security and I will take security over convenience." ~ Dan Geer
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.brothersofbriar.com

Ken Collins AKA Pipetongue AKA Dad
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next