HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Calling Greg.. come in Greg

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Calling Greg.. come in Greg   Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:10 pm

http://create.msdn.com/en-US/community/spotlight/glpeas

Ummm ummmm.. That's awful close.. Too close.. Unrelated field but still..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LL

Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Calling Greg.. come in Greg   Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:31 pm

Even funnier is that Greg spent years in IT and could actually do something like that. Laughing

Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: Calling Greg.. come in Greg   Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:38 pm

Yeah I know..

Here's the problem. (And I bet dollars against donuts he probably already knew about these folks.. ) He has a brand to protect.. And that's awful damn close in name.. Its the equivalent of me opening a pipe shop and naming it Googl, or Microsof, or Chevrole.. Those guys would be on you like stink on a driver that's been out for a week..

I don't know if he wants to/will/could do anything about it but he is an International Brand and I find it awful dam hard to believe GLPeas just sprung to their minds...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LL

Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Calling Greg.. come in Greg   Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:54 pm

puros_bran wrote:
Yeah I know..

Here's the problem. (And I bet dollars against donuts he probably already knew about these folks.. ) He has a brand to protect.. And that's awful damn close in name.. Its the equivalent of me opening a pipe shop and naming it Googl, or Microsof, or Chevrole.. Those guys would be on you like stink on a driver that's been out for a week..

I don't know if he wants to/will/could do anything about it but he is an International Brand and I find it awful dam hard to believe GLPeas just sprung to their minds...

That trademark thing applies only if there's a reasonable expectation of confusion.

Twenty years ago, the Lexus Division of Toyota tried to get a cease & desist order against Mead Data Central's LEXIS product (a legal cite search engine that law firms use), and were unsuccessful. The judge ruled that their markets had no overlap, and the buying public was therefore not at risk from deception.

A bit of searching will turn up many products (dissimilar ones, that is) which share the same name.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: Calling Greg.. come in Greg   Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:15 pm

Maybe.... Maybe not..

How many pipers.. Ok Forum Pipers Don't know Greg used to be a code slinger?
How many would buy a Greg developed app??
They buy his coffee mugs, calanders, and I hate to say it but we know its true.. He could probably get a pretty penny for pipes he smoked IF people knew they had belonged to him.. Greg aint just Greg anymore.. He IS GLPease.. And when GLPease does something people flock to it.. Hell I feel like he's a friend but I even fall into it sometimes.. Crap I was following his cooking blog for awhile and I don't even really cook..

GLPeas was close enough to get a double take out of me.. Just sayin.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: Calling Greg.. come in Greg   Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:19 pm

Besides Nexis Lexis is a short form of what they are.. The Nexus of the Lexicon. That was different...

If these guys make apps with GoodLookingPeas I'll say its ok.. Otherwise that's just to much... But it isn't mine to worry with..
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Calling Greg.. come in Greg
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1