HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

111 Gigapixel photo of Sevilla (Not a typo)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: 111 Gigapixel photo of Sevilla (Not a typo)   Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:14 pm

This is amazing... I stubled on this by accident from a similar 17 gigapixel photo of Yosemite. You can actually make out facial features from a mile away...

http://www.sevilla111.com/

I guess it holds the current record for most hi-def photo to date....

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue Max

Registration date : 2010-05-10

PostSubject: Re: 111 Gigapixel photo of Sevilla (Not a typo)   Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:20 pm

That is really cool.

Read a little bit about how they did it. Nice little hobby.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hobie1dog

Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: 111 Gigapixel photo of Sevilla (Not a typo)   Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:23 pm

Wow, neat stuff
Back to top Go down
View user profile
talrmn35

Registration date : 2010-12-09

PostSubject: Re: 111 Gigapixel photo of Sevilla (Not a typo)   Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:37 pm

Wow...thats pretty bad ass. I have seen gigapixel stuff, but not interactive like that. Thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
flytyer

Registration date : 2009-03-22

PostSubject: Re: 111 Gigapixel photo of Sevilla (Not a typo)   Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:55 pm

Thanks mister e that was cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MartinH

Registration date : 2011-01-04

PostSubject: Re: 111 Gigapixel photo of Sevilla (Not a typo)   Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:39 pm

That's cool. You can actually see the birds in the sky from a serious distance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.pipereviews.org
Trout Bum

Registration date : 2008-09-11

PostSubject: Re: 111 Gigapixel photo of Sevilla (Not a typo)   Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:45 pm

WOW! Crazy cool; I found people from well over a mile out! Kinda scary, almost. Makes you wonder what kind of technologies exist that we the "bewildered herd" either do not know about or will simply never know about. Where's my tinfoil hat?!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: 111 Gigapixel photo of Sevilla (Not a typo)   Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:45 pm

Trout Bum wrote:
WOW! Crazy cool; I found people from well over a mile out! Kinda scary, almost. Makes you wonder what kind of technologies exist that we the "bewildered herd" either do not know about or will simply never know about. Where's my tinfoil hat?!

I thought the same thing! Not to be paranoid or anything but government has to have something like this but way better....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MartinH

Registration date : 2011-01-04

PostSubject: Re: 111 Gigapixel photo of Sevilla (Not a typo)   Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:06 am

Ha! Yeah. I was able to zoom in on two people and I could make out their facial features. That's very, very scary. So much for privacy! Smile

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.pipereviews.org

111 Gigapixel photo of Sevilla (Not a typo)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1