Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
utahpipeman

utahpipeman

Registration date : 2010-06-27

Smoking "Cabin" Empty
PostSubject: Smoking "Cabin"   Smoking "Cabin" EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 5:06 pm

Thought I'd post a few images of my smoking cabin. It's my way to beat cold temperatures, but it's fun in the summer too. It's a 12' X 10' shed with added windows, insulation, and pine walls. I added an outdoor outlet to our house so I can power up two space heaters if I want to (using heavy duty extension cords through a tiny trap door), but one is usually plenty. Things like the TV, DVD Player, and stereo don't eat up much power at all. I have a stack with a fan to vent smoke, or I can run the Rabbit air purifier if I want to. Pipes don't require much ventilation, but cigars do. Next year, I'd like to add a small deck.

Some things you can do pretty cheap--I bought the flooring on closeout for 98 cents a square foot. My biggest expense outside of the shed was the pine walls--an upgrade based on sentimental value. The furniture is from when my parents passed away--also sentimental value. It's literally a home away from home. I recommend the idea to anyone struggling to enjoy smoking through the winter.

Smoking "Cabin" Cabin_10

Smoking "Cabin" Cabin_11

Smoking "Cabin" Cabin_12
Back to top Go down
MartinH

MartinH

Registration date : 2011-01-04

Smoking "Cabin" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoking "Cabin"   Smoking "Cabin" EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 5:46 pm

I want!!! Turning purple with envy here.

Very nice and rustic inside.

Martin
Back to top Go down
http://www.pipereviews.org
Canvasback

Canvasback

Registration date : 2009-02-11

Smoking "Cabin" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoking "Cabin"   Smoking "Cabin" EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 6:25 pm

Very, very nice. I just built a duck hunting getaway with the same thought in mind.....its mine and I will do whatever I want in it. 900 sq.ft. that sleeps 4 with all the ammities, full kitchen, bathroom and hot water. Its within 100 yards of my duck hunting hole. In fact I just got back from there fixing a place to hang up our waders. It has been a dream of mine for along time.

Rodney
Back to top Go down
talrmn35

talrmn35

Registration date : 2010-12-09

Smoking "Cabin" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoking "Cabin"   Smoking "Cabin" EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 6:28 pm

Dang! The things you can do with a shed! Very nice~
Back to top Go down
Frost

Frost

Registration date : 2009-12-31

Smoking "Cabin" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoking "Cabin"   Smoking "Cabin" EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 6:29 pm

Beautiful & brilliant! I have a tool shed in my tiny little excuse for a backyard which I had considered replacing with/converting to a smoke shack/workshop. Your cabin is definitely inspiring. Well done sir!
Back to top Go down
buckeye

buckeye

Registration date : 2011-01-20

Smoking "Cabin" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoking "Cabin"   Smoking "Cabin" EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 6:30 pm

now that is nice. yes i need one. just may be buildin one. thanks for postin it.
Back to top Go down
Hermit

Hermit

Registration date : 2008-04-22

Smoking "Cabin" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoking "Cabin"   Smoking "Cabin" EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 6:33 pm

Very cool playhouse. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Harlock999

Harlock999

Registration date : 2010-10-22

Smoking "Cabin" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoking "Cabin"   Smoking "Cabin" EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 8:34 pm

Absolutely fantastic! Love the knotty pine and the cool furniture. cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
RealtorFrank

RealtorFrank

Registration date : 2010-11-21

Smoking "Cabin" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoking "Cabin"   Smoking "Cabin" EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 9:06 pm

Well I now know what my next project is!
Back to top Go down
http://www.franksellsnashville.com/
Thomas Tkach

Thomas Tkach

Registration date : 2010-11-24

Smoking "Cabin" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoking "Cabin"   Smoking "Cabin" EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 9:09 pm

When I get some land...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/tkachta1
sorringowl

sorringowl

Registration date : 2010-08-08

Smoking "Cabin" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoking "Cabin"   Smoking "Cabin" EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 11:35 pm

Dude, that is a sweet set up! Enjoy! Great carpentry work, btw.
Back to top Go down
http://Sorringowlandsons.com
Obelus

Smoking "Cabin" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoking "Cabin"   Smoking "Cabin" EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 11:41 pm

Last edited by Obelus on Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
hobie1dog

hobie1dog

Registration date : 2010-06-21

Smoking "Cabin" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoking "Cabin"   Smoking "Cabin" EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 11:53 pm

We declare you the "Winner".......outstanding, just need a much bigger stereo. Shocked tongue
Back to top Go down
Williamson

Williamson

Registration date : 2011-01-07

Smoking "Cabin" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoking "Cabin"   Smoking "Cabin" EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 12:04 am

Wow. I had thought about what it would take to do a project like that. Congrats, that is the nicest shed I have ever seen.
Back to top Go down
Doc Manhattan

Doc Manhattan

Registration date : 2008-05-26

Smoking "Cabin" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoking "Cabin"   Smoking "Cabin" EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 8:27 am

Love the setup, and I love the midcentury modern chairs and TV table! Smoke there in the best of health.
Back to top Go down
http://tobaccocellar.org/tinlist.php?cellar=808
Ol'Dawg

Ol'Dawg

Registration date : 2008-01-03

Smoking "Cabin" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoking "Cabin"   Smoking "Cabin" EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 12:11 pm

Nice "dawg" house!

Jim
Back to top Go down
utahpipeman

utahpipeman

Registration date : 2010-06-27

Smoking "Cabin" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoking "Cabin"   Smoking "Cabin" EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 12:35 pm

Thanks for the kind comments everyone!
Back to top Go down
Tommy

Tommy

Registration date : 2010-12-30

Smoking "Cabin" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoking "Cabin"   Smoking "Cabin" EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 1:13 pm

That is too cool!!

It takes a lot to impress me,......but that little hide-away is awesome!

Congratulations!!
Back to top Go down
LV9

LV9

Registration date : 2009-07-27

Smoking "Cabin" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoking "Cabin"   Smoking "Cabin" EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 2:33 pm

It's just awesome. Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Regulus

Regulus

Registration date : 2011-01-01

Smoking "Cabin" Empty
PostSubject: Awesome cabin   Smoking "Cabin" EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 5:56 pm

What a fantastic sanctus sanctorum! I have thought about the same thing - a special place outside the house (smoking off limits) but outside the weather.

We are having quite the snow storm in Virginia this evening, so smoking on the back porch, though covered, it quite the experience. But, my MacBaren HH Vintage Syrian tasted and smelled all the sweeter! I am sure many a sailor enjoyed a bowl in worse weather than this aboard some tall ship ages ago.

So, congrats on the realization of your great smoking cabin. Thanks for sharing!

Regards
Back to top Go down
sand18f

sand18f

Registration date : 2011-01-17

Smoking "Cabin" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoking "Cabin"   Smoking "Cabin" EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 8:42 pm

Very nice. The craftmanship is an example. Keep the furnishings.
Be blessed. Thanks for the photos.
Back to top Go down
eon

eon

Registration date : 2011-02-02

Smoking "Cabin" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoking "Cabin"   Smoking "Cabin" EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:43 am

Ah, brilliant! I'll agree with the crew that furniture has got great style and the place looks inviting indeed!

Hope you'll have many a pipeful there in good company and solitary reverie.

And for the record, I am seldom envious but this is an exception...
Back to top Go down
SmokeyTweed

SmokeyTweed

Registration date : 2008-10-13

Smoking "Cabin" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoking "Cabin"   Smoking "Cabin" EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 8:44 pm

I have a problem with this...or at least the photos. Where are said pipes? or ashtrays? very spartan in that room no? Cool
Back to top Go down
pipeclubsi

pipeclubsi

Registration date : 2009-01-17

Smoking "Cabin" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoking "Cabin"   Smoking "Cabin" EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 1:16 pm

Very nice place! The best I've seen is the one from Croatian colleague pipe smoker in Dalmatia near Sibenik:

Smoking "Cabin" Img2815m

Smoking "Cabin" Img2809g

There used to be a similar one there before, but was ruined. This one was built with old stones except for all the wooden things that are new (windows,furniture). Very nice old rustic style with a fireplace kitchen.
Back to top Go down
Blackhorse
Blackhorse

Registration date : 2010-10-23

Smoking "Cabin" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smoking "Cabin"   Smoking "Cabin" EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 10:13 am

OK - I'm officially stunned and amazed. I love BOTH of the clubhouses pictured. The first is still clean from recent construction and will in time gain the needed level of man-decor and pipe clutter that makes a place comfortable. The second appears ancient, but that may be due to the difference in construction materials and techniques...awesome. That pizza oven is over the top, man! lol

I too have a smoking 'thing' designed and constructed by yours truely...totally by hand (as I didn't have power cords that would reach that far and not drop the current too far to be 'tool safe'). I've got a set of Japanese pull saws that rivel power saws in their ability to to rip and trim. Those puppies come SHARP! And I was surprised that a good brace and bit can go through a 2X6 and couple of 4X4's like butter...to allow carriage bolts to slide right through. It took a while, but was worth the effort...designed to use existing dimensional lumber with the least amount of trimming...it's what my wife and her friends have teasingly named "the Tiki Shack" (though it's no such thing). Unique design elements? Oh yes. Open air (except on the weather side...for ample smoke dissipation. Polycarbonate roof...for ample light gain, yet major UV blockage. Pass through...for the dog (nuff said).

I thought I had some pics somewhere but can't seem to find 'em! So I'll have to get out the old digicam and go to work so I can post. More to follow.

Smoking "Cabin" D6bddf10Smoking "Cabin" 29400910Smoking "Cabin" 114e6110Smoking "Cabin" Ddb39b10Smoking "Cabin" Cf77ce10Smoking "Cabin" Dd692012
Back to top Go down

Smoking "Cabin"
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Photo Gallery-
Jump to: