HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

A new brother from the Rockie Mountains

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bahnzo

Registration date : 2011-01-27

PostSubject: A new brother from the Rockie Mountains   Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:28 am

Hiya! I'm a new pipe smoker from Colorado just introducing myself. I already recognize some of you from other pipe forums.

Starting smoking a pipe maybe 3 weeks ago. I quit smoking cigs 6+ months ago, but found I still enjoyed smoking, just not cigs anymore. So I decided to try a pipe and really enjoy it. Still working on building a good rotation of pipes and also still figuring out which types and brands of tobacco I like best. With so many choices, it's something that I'm sure will be a life-long pursuit.

Glad to be here, enjoying reading and catching up on threads.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harlock999

Registration date : 2010-10-22

PostSubject: Re: A new brother from the Rockie Mountains   Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:33 am

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: A new brother from the Rockie Mountains   Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:39 am

Welcome man!! Where in Colorado??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ol'Dawg

Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: A new brother from the Rockie Mountains   Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:43 am

A big howdy and welcome to BoB!

Jim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
whiskeywillow

Registration date : 2011-01-09

PostSubject: Re: A new brother from the Rockie Mountains   Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:07 am

Welcome! =)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trout Bum

Registration date : 2008-09-11

PostSubject: Re: A new brother from the Rockie Mountains   Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:30 am

Welcome aboard, Bahnzo!

Ever hit Edwards Pipe and Tobacco shop in Denver? (Actually it's in Englewood, on S. Broadway) A very well run, classic pipe and tobacco store, with friendly, knowledgeable staff. If you haven't discovered this gem, you should seriously consider it. Edwards is a quality brick and mortar, and is easily the finest pipe shop that I have ever personally had the pleasure of walking into. Check it out, if you haven't already!

Addendum: congrats on kicking the cigs and discovering the great hobby of pipe smoking!

Last edited by Trout Bum on Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:31 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added a couple of words)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hermit

Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: A new brother from the Rockie Mountains   Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:21 am

Welcome to BoB.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bigmick

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: A new brother from the Rockie Mountains   Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:19 am

Welcome. I'm pretty new to pipes myself, but I find burning tobacco helps me find my muse and I refuse to go back to cigarettes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hobie1dog

Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: A new brother from the Rockie Mountains   Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:52 pm

welcome to the forum
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RealtorFrank

Registration date : 2010-11-21

PostSubject: Re: A new brother from the Rockie Mountains   Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:28 pm

Welcome to the forum!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.franksellsnashville.com/
Smokntaz

Registration date : 2010-09-29

PostSubject: Re: A new brother from the Rockie Mountains   Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:45 pm

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CLRV

Registration date : 2010-12-29

PostSubject: Re: A new brother from the Rockie Mountains   Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:06 pm

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bahnzo

Registration date : 2011-01-27

PostSubject: Re: A new brother from the Rockie Mountains   Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:13 pm

Trout Bum wrote:
Welcome aboard, Bahnzo!

Ever hit Edwards Pipe and Tobacco shop in Denver? (Actually it's in Englewood, on S. Broadway) A very well run, classic pipe and tobacco store, with friendly, knowledgeable staff. If you haven't discovered this gem, you should seriously consider it. Edwards is a quality brick and mortar, and is easily the finest pipe shop that I have ever personally had the pleasure of walking into. Check it out, if you haven't already!

Addendum: congrats on kicking the cigs and discovering the great hobby of pipe smoking!

I live closer to the one in Ft. Collins actually. I've only been there a couple times, but it certainly doesn't seem to be on the same scale as the other Edwards I've heard about. It's more oriented towards cigars and was very limited in it's pipe selections and tobaccos. Friendly people tho, just more of a cigar store really.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

A new brother from the Rockie Mountains
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1