HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

The ultimate ManCave for rural homeowners

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
LL

Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: The ultimate ManCave for rural homeowners   Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:28 pm

One part tree house, one part cabin, and one part wildlife/nature observation outpost. Comes complete with good lookin' dog.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thomas Tkach

Registration date : 2010-11-24

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate ManCave for rural homeowners   Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:49 pm

Man, I wish I had something like that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/tkachta1
mark
Admin

Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate ManCave for rural homeowners   Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:01 pm

That's just what I've been thinking about,,,well maybe not that luxurious but raised and heated anyway. Found a good spot, just need to locate some telephone poles to sink. Multi purpose facility,,,,outstanding,,,,appears to have quite a view,,,16 feet sq.? ,,,

Sometimes I wake up grumpy. Other times I let her sleep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hobie1dog

Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate ManCave for rural homeowners   Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:17 pm

Is there pics of the inside?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate ManCave for rural homeowners   Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:54 pm

A Willie Pete or a couple incendiary rounds and your toasted..

Besides could you imagine dragging your woman or a brontosaurus up a rope ladder after you clubbed them.. No thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate ManCave for rural homeowners   Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:58 pm

Is that yours LL??? I like it. A lot. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LL

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate ManCave for rural homeowners   Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:59 pm

hobie1dog wrote:
Is there pics of the inside?

Still under construction, but lookin' good:

http://i.imgur.com/eI5fV.jpg

Back to top Go down
View user profile
LL

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate ManCave for rural homeowners   Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:01 pm

MisterE wrote:
Is that yours LL??? I like it. A lot. Very Happy

Sadly, no.

I used to do a lot of birdwatching and "wildlife safari" stuff in AZ, so always wanted something like it, though.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
LL

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate ManCave for rural homeowners   Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:03 pm

puros_bran wrote:
A Willie Pete or a couple incendiary rounds and your toasted..

Besides could you imagine dragging your woman or a brontosaurus up a rope ladder after you clubbed them.. No thanks.

Your military years colored your perception of the civvie world, I think. Laughing

Also, are you saying your wife is the size of a brontosaurus?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harlock999

Registration date : 2010-10-22

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate ManCave for rural homeowners   Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:11 pm

Looks like a great place to hole up and make valiant last stand!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MisterE

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate ManCave for rural homeowners   Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:49 pm

Harlock999 wrote:
Looks like a great place to hole up and make valiant last stand!

Yeah, unless PB comes around with some Willy Petes, incendiaries, or Brontosours..... lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dougc905

Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate ManCave for rural homeowners   Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:39 am

Sweet! I love the idea. Check out a coffee table book - Private Towers by James Grayson Trulove, isbn 0-06-059447-0 - it has a whole bunch of similar towers in both rural and urban settings. The idea of being King Of Your Domain, Looking Out From On High sounds great.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
itsKot

Registration date : 2010-09-19

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate ManCave for rural homeowners   Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:20 am

I'll take it! That is awesome! Only I'd rather have my St. Bernard hangin' around than that husky/malamute or whatever it may be.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MartinH

Registration date : 2011-01-04

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate ManCave for rural homeowners   Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:34 am

Looks like I need to move to Hoth. Got a spare cot? Lol. Very, very nice setup you got there. I'm purple with envy. My wife won't let me build a man cave. pale
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.pipereviews.org
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate ManCave for rural homeowners   Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:18 pm

Contrary to pop culture I think you would find you woman more womanly if you grew some nads and acted like a man...

WTF happened manhood?

When Vashti insulted King Xerxes by not showing up at his party his friends demanded he kill her so their old lasts wouldn't start acting a fool.
I don't advocate killing her.. But I do think you need to claim a room, a cabinet , the bottom corner of a closet... Something.
Show some life.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thomas Tkach

Registration date : 2010-11-24

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate ManCave for rural homeowners   Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:51 pm

PB, this 1554's for you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/tkachta1
sand18f

Registration date : 2011-01-17

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate ManCave for rural homeowners   Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:50 am

puros_bran wrote:
Contrary to pop culture I think you would find you woman more womanly if you grew some nads and acted like a man...

WTF happened manhood?

When Vashti insulted King Xerxes by not showing up at his party his friends demanded he kill her so their old lasts wouldn't start acting a fool.
I don't advocate killing her.. But I do think you need to claim a room, a cabinet , the bottom corner of a closet... Something.
Show some life.

I'm not certain of this but didn't a eunuch "Aspamitres" kill Xerxes? Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate ManCave for rural homeowners   Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:58 am

I don't know.. But I'd rather be a dead man with a smile.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MisterE

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate ManCave for rural homeowners   Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:21 am

puros_bran wrote:

WTF happened manhood?

Note to self: After shopping, washing dishes, changing the diapers- look for long lost nads...Hahahaha. lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate ManCave for rural homeowners   Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:22 am

Hey a real man washes the dishes..
There is a diff between being a slothful bore and being a man.

A real man leads by example, takes initiative, tackles problems, provides his woman with security (both physically and emotionally), does share the work load. The Feminazi's have beaten the man down to the point that we don't even seem to know what a real man is.. And we think that manhood is somehow bad.. Ward didn't beg June for a corner to store his pipe, I'm not going to either. You can't be a man with out being a gentleman, but conversely you can't be a gentleman without being a man.. Man up fellers.
That house is yours too man.. I'm not saying be an ass about it, but I am saying let her know in clearly defined terms that you will have your space (too).. don't fight, don't argue, just tell her what your doing and do it. she will initially be shocked, she's going to pout, she's going to act like a 10 year old for awhile because you've never asserted your rights.. but she will adjust.. and maybe when you see how it works you will get that spark bro..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MisterE

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate ManCave for rural homeowners   Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:37 pm

puros_bran wrote:
Hey a real man washes the dishes..
There is a diff between being a slothful bore and being a man.

A real man leads by example, takes initiative, tackles problems, provides his woman with security (both physically and emotionally), does share the work load. The Feminazi's have beaten the man down to the point that we don't even seem to know what a real man is.. And we think that manhood is somehow bad.. Ward didn't beg June for a corner to store his pipe, I'm not going to either. You can't be a man with out being a gentleman, but conversely you can't be a gentleman without being a man.. Man up fellers.
That house is yours too man.. I'm not saying be an ass about it, but I am saying let her know in clearly defined terms that you will have your space (too).. don't fight, don't argue, just tell her what your doing and do it. she will initially be shocked, she's going to pout, she's going to act like a 10 year old for awhile because you've never asserted your rights.. but she will adjust.. and maybe when you see how it works you will get that spark bro..

Totally agree dude. Leading by example, integrity, honesty. You canīt give anything you donīt have either. Very much in keeping with the Cesar Milan ideas from another thread. Also you deserve your space, as does anyone. Iīve made my studio into my "space" here at home. Went so far as to get them their own computers so that the need for them using one would not encroach on my sanctity. Everyones happy.... Very Happy No room for a treehouse though in Mexico City, otherwise Iīd be working on it now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MartinH

Registration date : 2011-01-04

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate ManCave for rural homeowners   Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:06 pm

I understand guys and I think I stated things too simply. My wife would love nothing more than for me to have a man cave to keep all my stuff. Problem is money and space. Our house us too small now that we have a baby. I keep my pipes and tobacco in a couple of places but we need to go through our house and get rid of some crap. I'd love to build a man cave in my back yard and my wife would rather not spend the money and get the he'll out of the neighborhood. Of course that is easier said than done in this horrible market. I'll get my man cave, but I'll have to wait until we can sell our small house.

Thanks for all the comments. I hope you all enjoy the superbowl this weekend.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.pipereviews.org
hobie1dog

Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate ManCave for rural homeowners   Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:34 pm

I keep my pipes and tobacco in a couple of places but we need to go through our house and get rid of some crap. I'd love to build a man cave in my back yard and my wife would rather not spend the money and get the he'll out of the neighborhood. Of course that is easier said than done in this horrible market. I'll get my man cave, but I'll have to wait until we can sell our small house.

[/quote]

Hey, maybe you can take before and after photos of the cleanup/de-clutter event like they do on TV....I bet you can make a dedicated spot...I'll bet one testicle on it. Suspect
Back to top Go down
View user profile

The ultimate ManCave for rural homeowners
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Round Table-
Jump to: