HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Vacationīs over- tine to get into shape

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Vacationīs over- tine to get into shape   Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:09 pm

Ok BoBīs, Iīve gotten round in the middle over the holidays. Much eating, much sitting and very little in the way of physical activity. I used to go to the gym when I was a single guy, but now I just dont have the time or desire. I walk alot but itīll take a while to get ship shape doing only that.

What do you guys do to "get it back" after letting it go for a while??

Does anybody have a home routine that has been effective??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thomas Tkach

Registration date : 2010-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Vacationīs over- tine to get into shape   Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:36 pm

Push-ups and ab work all the time. Whenever you get a minute, hit the floor and knock out a set or two. I also have a pull-up bar that goes in a doorway, so I try to do those, as well. I lost 2 or 3 inches off my waist getting ready for my honeymoon, and I didn't have a lot to lose.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/tkachta1
hobie1dog

Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Vacationīs over- tine to get into shape   Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:22 pm

Well, my wife and I have a pretty intense workout routine that usually leaves me dripping with sweat. Shocked

But I'm in the same boat as you are, haven't exercised in about a year and desperately need to join the gym again...it's about 1/2 mile from the house. I was particularly fond of the Yoga class, or maybe that was because of the Yoga instructor. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harlock999

Registration date : 2010-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Vacationīs over- tine to get into shape   Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:08 pm

I've read that there is no specific exercise that targets the "middle". Doing an ABs workout only works the muscles below the fat. My middle started growing when my formerly fat proof metabolism slowed down, and I did a little research. Only general exercise and diet will work. I like to walk around the neighborhood while having a smoke. Two birds with one stone?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thomas Tkach

Registration date : 2010-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Vacationīs over- tine to get into shape   Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:39 pm

Yes, ab work doesn't target belly-fat, but having a strong core is a good thing. Running, walking, push-ups, pull-ups, crunches--whatever you do to burn fat burns it all over. Passing on desert or that last serving always helps.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/tkachta1
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Vacationīs over- tine to get into shape   Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:01 am

When I was really into it, Iīd do up to an hour on the stair machine and a spinning class back to back, with weight training 3xs a wk. No matter how much I did, I couldnīt get rid of that last roll of my lower belly. Frustrated the S**T out of me. Now itīs hard to believe I used to do that as I sit here writing this slumping before my PC. Iīd kill to be in that kind of shape now...lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
flytyer

Registration date : 2009-03-22

PostSubject: Re: Vacationīs over- tine to get into shape   Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:11 am

Working out is only half the battle for me...the real hard part is eating right
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Frost

Registration date : 2009-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Vacationīs over- tine to get into shape   Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:40 pm

I train brazillian Jiu jitsu about 3 times a week for between an hour to two each time. Wife does too. It's all ya need really. Train consistently and you can't help but get in shape. As long as I'm triaining consistently, I can pretty much eat whatever I want whenever I want.

I think I lifted a weight once, but it was years ago. Found it pretty boring. It's much more fun trying to choke people and/or hyperextend their joints. Especially when they are trying to do it to you too!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Vacationīs over- tine to get into shape
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1