HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Petrified Civil War twist of chewing tobacco

Go down 
AuthorMessage
onabullit

Registration date : 2010-11-20

PostSubject: Petrified Civil War twist of chewing tobacco   Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:48 pm

http://www.auctionflex.com/showlot.ap?co=1&weid=0&weiid=5492092&mindate=20110208&maxdate=20120208&keyword=tobacco&lso=timeleftasc&pagenum=1&lang=En

Would anybody be willing to snag this and put up a review? I didn't see a "not for human consumption" disclaimer anywhere in the description so I'm guessing dipping a chunk of this twisted plug is fair game. Looks like it woulda been mighty tasty, is there a modern day equivalent?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jhuggett
BoB's Pioneer & Founding Father

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Petrified Civil War twist of chewing tobacco   Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:19 pm

Being it's petrified I'm doubting you could chew it but here's a modern day equivalent.

Cotton Boll Plug

"Freedom, Security, Convenience: Choose Two"
"For me, I will take freedom over security and I will take security over convenience." ~ Dan Geer
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.brothersofbriar.com
Williamson

Registration date : 2011-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Petrified Civil War twist of chewing tobacco   Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:22 pm

We have a local civil war museum that has one of those on display with some clay pipes. Can't say I had any desire to chew it, smoke it or do anything with it. Cool for the collection though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Petrified Civil War twist of chewing tobacco   Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:55 am

With what aged tobaccos are going for this should be the Holy Grail!! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Petrified Civil War twist of chewing tobacco
Page 1 of 1