HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

A simple thank you

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cuervo25_1

Registration date : 2011-01-13

PostSubject: A simple thank you   Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:08 pm

I was sitting at the Gas station and had a rare oppertunity twice in one day last sunday. An older gentleman that quite obviously had been in the military just by looking at the way he had his hair done and how he carried himself (let alone the multable corp stickers on the back of the van) rolled in and asked for his normal amount of gas. to which I added an extra 10 bucks and he went to stop me and I looked at him and told him I know I added more there is a reason and you won't be paying for that extra amount, I also cleaned all his windows. so after he was done he asked why I did what I did. I told him "as thanks for what you did for our country and my freedoms,I was not able to serve as you did but I am thankful for those that did" His reply was simple and brought a smile to my face "son I have seen many faces in this gas station,many of them from a foreign country,and of a different religion,yet you are the only one to thank me,that means alot. so few know what was done to make this country what it is yet so many take full advantage of it without an ounce of appreciation. Thank you for helping me see there is those that do appreciate what I did"

so hours go by and another regular shows up this time an Iraq war vet about 25 or so. He as well carried himself as most military men do until death , by using their manners,dressing properly and so on. he asked me to fill his jeep up which I did $30, and I told him $20. He gave me a confused look and I promptly let him know why I did it. He looked at me and said this "you know sir I have been told I should have never been there,that people was glad to see me home,yet no one thanked me for anything,thank you sir you made my day"

What I got from that was a great sense of pride for our service men and woman,well even more I should say,and a great deal of sadness in the fact that they are not always appreciated,if at all.

sitting back reflecting over all this I wonder how the hell anyone can call themselves an United states citizen yet not appreciate the freedoms that they have,and be furious at what is constantly being taken away a little at a time. What has this country come to? what happened to being respectful? I tell you this country needs a swift kick in the ass!

To all the people on this board that have served or is still serving this country THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mark
Admin

Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: A simple thank you   Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:27 pm

Amen

Sometimes I wake up grumpy. Other times I let her sleep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MartinH

Registration date : 2011-01-04

PostSubject: Re: A simple thank you   Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:33 pm

I agree. My sister is in Iraq for the second time - actually she just came home this week. The first time she was a Marine, the second time with the Army. If anyone ever gave her hell for serving this country, I'd beat their a$$.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.pipereviews.org
Cuervo25_1

Registration date : 2011-01-13

PostSubject: Re: A simple thank you   Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:38 pm

MartinH wrote:
I agree. My sister is in Iraq for the second time - actually she just came home this week. The first time she was a Marine, the second time with the Army. If anyone ever gave her hell for serving this country, I'd beat their a$$.

For some reason I think she could handel her own! Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MartinH

Registration date : 2011-01-04

PostSubject: Re: A simple thank you   Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:43 pm

Yeah, true! But a brother's got to stand up for his sis even if she is a Marine. Afterall, once a Marine, always a Marine.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.pipereviews.org
Centurian 803
Long Arm O' The Law

Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: A simple thank you   Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:28 am

God bless all the men and women who have or are now serving this country. Remember, it is not the government that makes this country great. It is the people.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: A simple thank you   Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:03 pm

Well done Cuervo!

I think it´s very important to recognize what thes guys have done and continue to do for us. Regardless of one´s political feeling of the war.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NeroWolfe

Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: A simple thank you   Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:15 pm

Semper Fi !!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sand18f

Registration date : 2011-01-17

PostSubject: Re: A simple thank you   Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:50 am

De Oppresso Liber.