HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Tampers designed & made by Jar

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jar

Jar

Registration date : 2011-02-13

Tampers designed & made by Jar Empty
PostSubject: Tampers designed & made by Jar   Tampers designed & made by Jar EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 10:42 am

Few years ago I designed and executed from ebony, black oak, exotic wood and sterling silver set of pipe tampers as gift to one of my pipe Friends. I dare to post here a link to pictures of these tampers:
http://www.myalbum.com/Album=ZPTUFX36
Back to top Go down
Harlock999

Harlock999

Registration date : 2010-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Tampers designed & made by Jar   Tampers designed & made by Jar EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 11:01 am

Very nice! A fine gift indeed.
Back to top Go down
Jar

Jar

PostSubject: Re: Tampers designed & made by Jar   Tampers designed & made by Jar EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 11:08 am

Harlock999 wrote:
Very nice! A fine gift indeed.
Thanks for your kind words ! I am specially proud of reticulated surface of silver visible at picture nr. 2. It was designed to match the Shell surface of the Dunhill pipes like the Dunhill pot at this picture.
Back to top Go down
Cigar2you

Cigar2you

Registration date : 2010-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Tampers designed & made by Jar   Tampers designed & made by Jar EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 10:18 pm

love the square one with the crossed pipes
Back to top Go down
sand18f

sand18f

Registration date : 2011-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Tampers designed & made by Jar   Tampers designed & made by Jar EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 1:00 pm

Very nice artwork Jar Very Happy
Bill
Back to top Go down
cigarstorejay

cigarstorejay

Registration date : 2011-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Tampers designed & made by Jar   Tampers designed & made by Jar EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 9:41 am

Great stuff. One question, though, Why Stop making them?

They look great!
Back to top Go down
TallSmoke

TallSmoke

Registration date : 2009-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Tampers designed & made by Jar   Tampers designed & made by Jar EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 11:15 am

I like those a great deal. Very nice.
Back to top Go down
http://fishingpipe.blogspot.com
Jar

Jar

PostSubject: Re: Tampers designed & made by Jar   Tampers designed & made by Jar EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 4:02 am

cigarstorejay wrote:
They look great!
Thanks a lot for all the kind words. Well, years ago I retired as active sculptor and goldsmith-silversmith, switching to writing popular and scientific texts on goldsmithing - theory, history and practice - and to teaching - short seminars for historians of applied art, conservators and persons from within the museum's circles. But as I love the feel of tools in my hands and I still have some new ideas, I am seated by the bench from time to time designing and making some new things for my Wife and for some of my Friends. This is how I created these tampers.
Back to top Go down
cigarstorejay

cigarstorejay

Registration date : 2011-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Tampers designed & made by Jar   Tampers designed & made by Jar EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 4:24 pm

Jar wrote:
cigarstorejay wrote:
They look great!
Thanks a lot for all the kind words. Well, years ago I retired as active sculptor and goldsmith-silversmith, switching to writing popular and scientific texts on goldsmithing - theory, history and practice - and to teaching - short seminars for historians of applied art, conservators and persons from within the museum's circles. But as I love the feel of tools in my hands and I still have some new ideas, I am seated by the bench from time to time designing and making some new things for my Wife and for some of my Friends. This is how I created these tampers.

Well, if the muses ever inspire you to create anymore, let me know. They are really wonderful pieces.

Jay
Back to top Go down
dbreazeale

dbreazeale

Registration date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Tampers designed & made by Jar   Tampers designed & made by Jar EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 7:17 pm

Fantastic work on those tampers!
Back to top Go down
tNd

Registration date : 2011-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Tampers designed & made by Jar   Tampers designed & made by Jar EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 7:15 am

i just found these tampers... a really nice work Jar... congratulations Smile
regards
daniel
Back to top Go down
http://tnd-pipes.com/
Schacht

Schacht

Registration date : 2011-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Tampers designed & made by Jar   Tampers designed & made by Jar EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 1:36 pm

Jacek knows allready that I´m definately impressed. Just to let the others know: I think these pipe gadgets are wonderful pieces. Especially the pipe-ring on that Dunhill Pot looks marvelous.

Thanks for showing these things in here…
Back to top Go down
http://www.thiloschacht.de/Schachttoene_Studiobilder/index.html
Hendu3270

Hendu3270

Location : Pearland, Texas (if it's wintertime I'm most likely in the marsh chasing ducks with a pipe in my mouth)
Registration date : 2009-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Tampers designed & made by Jar   Tampers designed & made by Jar EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 11:23 am

Very nice indeed! I love the feature that allows for a pipe rest. Good work.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hendrickwoodcreations.com
Airborne

Registration date : 2011-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Tampers designed & made by Jar   Tampers designed & made by Jar EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 3:14 pm

Excellent work, Jar. If the price is right, there's definitely a market for them.
Back to top Go down
Jar

Jar

PostSubject: Re: Tampers designed & made by Jar   Tampers designed & made by Jar EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 6:05 pm

It is really great pleasure to read so many kind words. Thank you so very much !
Back to top Go down

Tampers designed & made by Jar
Page 1 of 1