HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Hello from AZ.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
eddy13

Registration date : 2011-02-18

PostSubject: Hello from AZ.   Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:37 am

Hello,

I've been 'playing' with a pipe for about three weeks now- a MM Cob and some PA, Tinderbox Wilshire, CBW and some Vanilla Tobacco Galleria. The first couple times I ended up with a pile of matches, a sore mouth and a bowl of charred tobacco. I've been reading the posts here and on other sites as well as watching some youtube videos and am slowly making progress. The guy at the local Tinderbox has also been very helpful with answering my questions without making me feel stupid.
I'm glad to be here and look forward to learning from those that have come before me and sharing my experiences as I grow as a pipe smoker.

Thanks...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Hello from AZ.   Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:10 am

Hey Eddy! Where in AZ? Im from Tucson originally!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ol'Dawg

Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Hello from AZ.   Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:14 am

Hello and welcome to BoB!

There's lots of good info and knowledgeable people here. I've been smoking a pipe for about 50 years but I've learned more in the last 7 or 8 years from the internet than I did in the previous time.

Jim
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buddy Springman

Registration date : 2008-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Hello from AZ.   Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:44 am

Welcome to the group. Come back often!

I've been playing with pipes for 14 years Laughing

Buddy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hobie1dog

Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Hello from AZ.   Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:52 pm

Welcome Eddy to the forum
Back to top Go down
View user profile
talrmn35

Registration date : 2010-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Hello from AZ.   Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:43 pm

Welcome! This is a great place to pick up helpful tips, the guys here are very generous with help!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harlock999

Registration date : 2010-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Hello from AZ.   Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:27 pm

eddy13 wrote:

Hello,

I've been 'playing' with a pipe for about three weeks now- a MM Cob and some PA, Tinderbox Wilshire, CBW and some Vanilla Tobacco Galleria. The first couple times I ended up with a pile of matches, a sore mouth and a bowl of charred tobacco. I've been reading the posts here and on other sites as well as watching some youtube videos and am slowly making progress. The guy at the local Tinderbox has also been very helpful with answering my questions without making me feel stupid.
I'm glad to be here and look forward to learning from those that have come before me and sharing my experiences as I grow as a pipe smoker.

Thanks...

That's what happened to me as well! lol!

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mikem
The Coordinator

Registration date : 2007-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Hello from AZ.   Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:23 pm

Welcome to BoB. As Ol'Dawg said there is a great bunch of people hear to help you along and share their experiences in this great hobby (some would say addiction) of ours. Laughing I too call Arizona home. I live in the Phoenix area (West Valley) around Luke Air Force Base. You will find this a great place since we have four or five B&M's around here that cater to us pipe smokers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Navydad

Registration date : 2011-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Hello from AZ.   Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:15 am

Welcome my friend. I think you will find the guys here very kind and helpful. I have been a pipe smoker for a long time, but I learn something new about this most enjoyable hobby/addiction all the time. You can't go wrong with the MM cob of yours. I have many, and smoke one everyday. I hope you enjoy the forum and your pipes.

Ken
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RealtorFrank

Registration date : 2010-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Hello from AZ.   Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:07 am

Welcome to the forum!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.franksellsnashville.com/
Jazzman

Registration date : 2010-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Hello from AZ.   Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:59 pm

Welcome Ed, I sure wish I was in AZ right now, as it's a bit cool here in New England. My Uncle lives in Safford, AZ. I've been to AZ a bunch of times, at least you can smoke outdoors there!

I read your other post, sounds like things are going well. I think most of us here started out like yourself. Although I started with a briar pipe, a lot of experts in the hobby say the starting with a corncob is best. You get a great smoke for a decent price and can even get a few and have a little rotation going.

I tell people I started with CBW and it inspired me to look for better tobaccos,haha. But the fact of the matter is it's the biggest selling tobacco in the land for a reason, it's decent and consistent. PA is probably a close second.

I'm not an aromatic guy, probably because I smoked cigars for years and like the taste of straight tobacco. However, the mantra of the true pipeman is this:

"Smoke what you like, and like what you smoke"

You'll not be judged here, in fact you'll probably get a lot of useful info on aromatics by other BoB members, many of them enjoy aromatics.

It took me a while,as it will you, but every now and then I'll have a smoke that is exceptional, 10 out of 10, and that keeps me coming back and makes the 6s and 7s a worthwhile endeavor.

Be patient, keep smoking and Enjoy! Peace-Mike cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MartinH

Registration date : 2011-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Hello from AZ.   Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:50 pm

Welcome to the boards. I too, have learned quite a bit while here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.pipereviews.org
eddy13

PostSubject: Re: Hello from AZ.   Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:10 pm

Jazzman wrote:

It took me a while,as it will you, but every now and then I'll have a smoke that is exceptional, 10 out of 10, and that keeps me coming back and makes the 6s and 7s a worthwhile endeavor.

Be patient, keep smoking and Enjoy! Peace-Mike cheers

Thanks for the info.
If I can get 5's out of my pipe experience, I'll be thrilled-can't imagine what a 10 would be like What a Face .

Keep warm...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
eddy13

PostSubject: Re: Hello from AZ.   Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:53 pm

Mikem wrote:
Welcome to BoB. As Ol'Dawg said there is a great bunch of people hear to help you along and share their experiences in this great hobby (some would say addiction) of ours. Laughing I too call Arizona home. I live in the Phoenix area (West Valley) around Luke Air Force Base. You will find this a great place since we have four or five B&M's around here that cater to us pipe smokers.

Great link!!!!
Thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tak

Registration date : 2011-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Hello from AZ.   Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:51 pm

Hey Laughing MikeM and eddy,
I live in the Phoenix East Valley . If you're hanging out at the Mesa Tinderbox we might bump into each other.
I go there once a week.

Welcome!

Tak
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Obelus

PostSubject: Re: Hello from AZ.   Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:26 pm

Jazzman wrote:

"Smoke what you like, and like what you smoke"

That's the best advice on the board. Welcome.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Hello from AZ.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: The Welcome Wagon-
Jump to: