HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

The most unusual place or activity you have smoked a pipe

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bub

Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: The most unusual place or activity you have smoked a pipe   Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:15 pm

Most of us probably smoke a pipe while sitting in a chair, walking our dog, working in the yard, driving a car (truck) etc.
I fall into this category, but I also have a friend who smokes cigarettes while playing tennis.
So I was wondering what is the most unusual place or activity you have smoked a pipe?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doc Manhattan

Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: The most unusual place or activity you have smoked a pipe   Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:23 pm

I've smoked a pipe while jogging. Kind of as a goof, but it went fine.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tobaccocellar.org/tinlist.php?cellar=808
Muddler

Registration date : 2008-05-22

PostSubject: Re: The most unusual place or activity you have smoked a pipe   Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:58 am

I have caught both sailfish & tarpon with a pipe in my mouth. Actually, that's probably not that wierd.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Greenleaf

Registration date : 2010-04-05

PostSubject: Re: The most unusual place or activity you have smoked a pipe   Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:24 pm

While working out in my living room. While cooking, cleaning, just about any activity where smoking is allowed. While working outdoors as a carpenter's helper. This is much easier to do with cigarettes, but I have smoked a pipe while riding a bicycle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thegreenleaffiles.blogspot.com
Doc Manhattan

Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: The most unusual place or activity you have smoked a pipe   Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:57 pm

Greenleaf wrote:
This is much easier to do with cigarettes, but I have smoked a pipe while riding a bicycle.
If I ever got a chance to ride a Pennyfarthing bicycle (the olde-tymey kind with the giant front wheel) I think I'd have to go for the gusto and smoke a pipe while doing it. It would just be so right.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tobaccocellar.org/tinlist.php?cellar=808
Frost

Registration date : 2009-12-31

PostSubject: Re: The most unusual place or activity you have smoked a pipe   Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:09 pm

Unusual activity while smoking?

I'd tell you, but a gentleman does not kiss and tell...and neither do I, if you get my meaning.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jar

Registration date : 2011-02-13

PostSubject: Re: The most unusual place or activity you have smoked a pipe   Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:14 pm

In different High Mountains...my mountaineering times...'60-'70...
http://irys.um.pabianice.pl/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=18531
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Handsome Dynamite

Registration date : 2009-12-31

PostSubject: Re: The most unusual place or activity you have smoked a pipe   Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:55 pm

There's a creek in a park near where I live, but it's about 50ft down from the main trail so you have to walk down, where behind a waterfall, there's a natural gas patch, called the Eternal Flame (original name, huh?). Then most people climb back up, I did this with the pipe in my mouth.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harlock999

Registration date : 2010-10-22

PostSubject: Re: The most unusual place or activity you have smoked a pipe   Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:02 am

Jar wrote:
In different High Mountains...my mountaineering times...'60-'70...
http://irys.um.pabianice.pl/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=18531

That is great!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harlock999

Registration date : 2010-10-22

PostSubject: Re: The most unusual place or activity you have smoked a pipe   Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:05 am

There is an older gentleman that I see from to time to time on my way to work, and he rides a bike while smoking an aluminum pipe. He's always wearing a tweed jacket, a tie and a hat, and I want to be him when I grow up!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sand18f

Registration date : 2011-01-17

PostSubject: Re: The most unusual place or activity you have smoked a pipe   Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:08 am

On a combat patrol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LIPIPE

Location : Setauket,Long Island and upstate Granville, New York
Registration date : 2010-12-18

PostSubject: Re: The most unusual place or activity you have smoked a pipe   Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:40 am

On police patrol. Always while driving the RMP (Radio Motor Patrol) and even sometimes on a fixed post such as a road closure. Now and then a stick also. That of course was in my youth...ha ha Mid '80's through '90's. My buddies and I always "relaxed" at work before and after a hard day at home depending on tours. Took our breaks in local fire stations. Each one had a man cave. Sweet memories....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tak

Registration date : 2011-02-06

PostSubject: Re: The most unusual place or activity you have smoked a pipe   Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:57 pm

Viet Nam, 67, Chu Lai, on guard duty. Pipe was OK, cigs...nope...they could see the ember. Pipe ember is down in the bowl. I didn't smoke cigs anyway, just my pipe. To this day I swear it kept me awake.

Playing Golf. I love to smoke my pipe while shooting double and triple bogeys. I also wear a tie, tucked in. I look like the OLD FART that I am.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KevinP

Registration date : 2011-01-18

PostSubject: Re: The most unusual place or activity you have smoked a pipe   Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:17 pm

In the public shower at work when I was doing manual labour. Held the pipe in my mouth upside down. It also started as a bit of a joke but worked well enough for me to continue doing it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

The most unusual place or activity you have smoked a pipe
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1