HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Glencairn Whisky Glass

Go down 
AuthorMessage
-R.

Registration date : 2011-02-01

Glencairn Whisky Glass Empty
PostSubject: Glencairn Whisky Glass   Glencairn Whisky Glass EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 4:42 am

My Glencairn whisky glass came in the mail today, and after christening it with some Talisker 10 and Laphroaig 18, I'm ready to declare that I'm happy with the purchase.

I was a little surprised at the daintiness of the glass, and it took a few tastes to get used to how much I had to toss my head back -- maybe I have a larger nose than average -- but the payoff is worth it.

I've been using a cognac/balloon snifter for single malts, but I suspect that I'm going to make more use of the Glencairn. I won't suggest that the difference between the two glasses is astronomical, but I think the Glencairn does help concentrate the nose of the whisky a bit more at the time of drinking and that brought out a few subtleties in the Laphroaig that I hadn't noticed before.

Now I just need to buy a new single malt to really break the glasses in. Smile
Back to top Go down
NeroWolfe

NeroWolfe

Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Glencairn Whisky Glass   Glencairn Whisky Glass EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 1:49 pm

Try some Macallan or maybe some Dalwhinie.... The aroma will really explode out of your new tasting glass !!!
Back to top Go down
Puff Daddy
Puff Daddy

Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Glencairn Whisky Glass   Glencairn Whisky Glass EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 2:14 pm

I have a pair of those glasses, love em. Laphroig is an excellent choice, try Balvenie Doublewood also, excellent stuff.

Glencairn Whisky Glass
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Related Pursuits :: The Kitchen & The Speakeasy-
Jump to: