HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

New Tobacco Laws Come To Maryland May 1 !

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rev. Puffer

Registration date : 2008-01-31

PostSubject: New Tobacco Laws Come To Maryland May 1 !   Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:38 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, looks like Maryland is becoming another Washington State on May 1......The licensing has changed to a County by County affair but the part that stinks is ....... " OTP may not be sold to consumers in Maryland by mail or over the internet. Maryland consumers must purchase OTP from a licensed OTP retailer or licensed tobacconist".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: New Tobacco Laws Come To Maryland May 1 !   Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:06 am

Rev. Puffer wrote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, looks like Maryland is becoming another Washington State on May 1......The licensing has changed to a County by County affair but the part that stinks is ....... " OTP may not be sold to consumers in Maryland by mail or over the internet. Maryland consumers must purchase OTP from a licensed OTP retailer or licensed tobacconist".

WTF? how many other states are on the verge of this??
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: New Tobacco Laws Come To Maryland May 1 !   Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:08 am

What the &$@# is OTP ?

What a Face
Back to top Go down
bigmick

Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: New Tobacco Laws Come To Maryland May 1 !   Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:07 am

Yak wrote:
What the &$@# is OTP ?

What a Face

"Other Tobacco Product" Basically, smokeless tobacco, snus, snuff, anything they didn't specifically mention in the law.

A few states are looking at these types of laws. Seem they figured out they were losing tax money after raising cig taxes. It sucks for those of us who use tobacco that can't be reliably purchased in B&M stores.

Oregon is another with a similar law.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NeroWolfe

Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: New Tobacco Laws Come To Maryland May 1 !   Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:50 am

How would they regulate Internet sales???? Pass a law with a penalty, and hope for compliance??? I do not believe that a State can monitor Internet traffic nor UPS / USPS packages!?!?!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Obelus

PostSubject: Re: New Tobacco Laws Come To Maryland May 1 !   Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:11 pm

Last edited by Obelus on Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Greenleaf

Registration date : 2010-04-05

PostSubject: Re: New Tobacco Laws Come To Maryland May 1 !   Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:54 am

How many other states are on the verge of something like this? That would be all of them, soon to be the whole goddamn "free world." Safer states are obviously in tobacco country, like Virginia and Kentucky. But wait, they grow some tobacco in Maryland, too. Dammit all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thegreenleaffiles.blogspot.com
Hermit

Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: New Tobacco Laws Come To Maryland May 1 !   Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:22 am

Step by step...inch by inch... Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mark
Admin

Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: New Tobacco Laws Come To Maryland May 1 !   Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:21 am

Hermit wrote:

NIAGRA FALLS !!!!

Sometimes I wake up grumpy. Other times I let her sleep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: New Tobacco Laws Come To Maryland May 1 !   Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:29 am

Does the shortage of imports from England have anything to do with taxation issues or is it simply production?

I ask because I am going to be making major orders soon. I am waiting for stuff from Stokkebye and GH to be available again- but am I just waiting for nothing??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lapress33

Registration date : 2010-01-05

PostSubject: Re: New Tobacco Laws Come To Maryland May 1 !   Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:29 pm

As a thirty year resident of the God awful place its spelled
Niagara Falls
crazy but one of the words that are forever spelled wrong.
But on topic sucks to live in MD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DoverPipes

Registration date : 2009-05-24

PostSubject: Re: New Tobacco Laws Come To Maryland May 1 !   Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:55 pm

mark wrote:
Hermit wrote:
NIAGRA FALLS !!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CLRV

Registration date : 2010-12-29

PostSubject: Re: New Tobacco Laws Come To Maryland May 1 !   Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:20 pm

Slowly I turned...

Edit: I realized after the post that this was essentially already on the board, lol. Forgive the repeat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

New Tobacco Laws Come To Maryland May 1 !
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1