HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Going to try Grousemoor today

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
innovador

Registration date : 2011-01-21

PostSubject: Going to try Grousemoor today   Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:18 pm

I am planning to try SG Grousemoor today. I opened the tin yesterday and my first impression was of some cheap cologne with heavy lemon fragance. I have read some reviews at tobaccorevies.com on it and the concensus is that you either hate it or you love this blend. I wonder if you care to give your opinions on this weird blend from SG.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
itsKot

Registration date : 2010-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Going to try Grousemoor today   Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:02 pm

Very interested in what you have to say about this, I've been wanting to try it myself as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
innovador

Registration date : 2011-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Going to try Grousemoor today   Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:21 pm

I just tried Grousemoor and for me it was neither love nor hate. The strong aroma to lemon was all the time while and I keep puffing and puffing until the bowl was finished. It is an interesting and curious smoke every smoker should try at least one! I am not sure I will buy it again but I am looking forward to my second bowl to see if it becomes a great or hideous blend for me.

itsKot, if you are into aromatics you may probably like this blend. If you are not a fan of aromatics, you could be puzzled by it or go right into loving or hating it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buddy Springman

Registration date : 2008-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Going to try Grousemoor today   Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:08 pm

Love the stuff, but I can't find any fresh (tinned within the last three years). When it is older, it loses its topping.

Buddy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
itsKot

Registration date : 2010-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Going to try Grousemoor today   Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:30 pm

As of late I've been enamored with lakelands, telling myself to try this and that all over the place. I tend to lean towards a lighter lakeland essence, where would you say this one falls?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doc Manhattan
BoB's Team

Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Going to try Grousemoor today   Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:07 pm

itsKot wrote:
As of late I've been enamored with lakelands, telling myself to try this and that all over the place. I tend to lean towards a lighter lakeland essence, where would you say this one falls?
To my tastes, the essense is medium-heavy, but it's an aromatic tobacco--the flavoring almost completely overshadows the taste of the component tobaccos. There's stuff with heavier scent, but in Grousemoor, the scent is the blend. Not really my cup of tea, but I can see why people dig it.

View user profile http://tobaccocellar.org/tinlist.php?cellar=808

Going to try Grousemoor today
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1