HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Tetrad of White Bar pots

Go down 
AuthorMessage
sstodvictory

sstodvictory

Registration date : 2009-12-05

Tetrad of White Bar pots Empty
PostSubject: Tetrad of White Bar pots   Tetrad of White Bar pots EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 8:17 pm

...at least I think they're pots. Maybe they're fat billiards?

Some time ago I took an Ebay chance on these four Wally Frank White Bars. Someone had heated the stems and bent the four of them sharply with pliers - about like in the first photo. There were tool marks impressed in the rubber, plus the usual dirt and oxidation. The pipes were restored at my local B&M. They draw openly and the stems feel strong - time will tell. Both of the "245" pipes have "PARA" etched in the stem. None of my other White Bars have that. Anyone understand what that means? Note also the different stem taper on "21" compared to the others. Pipe "695" has putty fills, which again is a first for me regarding White Bars.

Hope you enjoy these photos. The pipe I call "245 one" is especially a gem. There are lots more photos of these pipes here:

http://www.stevesite.us/images/pipes/wallyfrank/a_tetrad_of_white_bar_pots/

Tetrad of White Bar pots Original_condition_bent_stems
Tetrad of White Bar pots All_four_lineup_left_sides_1
Tetrad of White Bar pots All_four_lineup_right_side_2
Tetrad of White Bar pots 245_PARA_one_1
Tetrad of White Bar pots 245_PARA_one_2
Tetrad of White Bar pots 245_PARA_one_3
Tetrad of White Bar pots 245_PARA_one_6

Last edited by sstodvictory on Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MisterE
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Tetrad of White Bar pots   Tetrad of White Bar pots EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 8:50 pm

Nice! The grain variations really make them unique- especially being the same model.

Tetrad. I like it!

I´d say "quartet" cuz I´m a musician... lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Harlock999

Harlock999

Registration date : 2010-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Tetrad of White Bar pots   Tetrad of White Bar pots EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 1:46 am

The one with all the birdseye is making me jealous! The photos are top notch, and making me jealous as well.
Back to top Go down
dshpipes

dshpipes

Registration date : 2011-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Tetrad of White Bar pots   Tetrad of White Bar pots EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 12:31 am

Beautiful pipes indeed! These all get my vote for the "pot" designation. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.dshpipes.com
Doc Manhattan

Doc Manhattan

Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Tetrad of White Bar pots   Tetrad of White Bar pots EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 8:04 am

Maybe PARA stands for "Pot Are Really Awesome"?

Because those pots are really awesome.
Back to top Go down
http://tobaccocellar.org/tinlist.php?cellar=808
RealtorFrank

RealtorFrank

Registration date : 2010-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Tetrad of White Bar pots   Tetrad of White Bar pots EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 2:30 pm

That is some beautiful birdseye on the one!
Back to top Go down
http://www.franksellsnashville.com/
eon

eon

Registration date : 2011-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Tetrad of White Bar pots   Tetrad of White Bar pots EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 12:51 pm

Wow! That's some pecky birds right there! Peck your eyes out if you stare long enough (almost happened to me, I tell ya)!

Good choice mate! And the photographs are nice as well. I never seem to get anywhere near as good contrast with the lowly little Canon I have at hand at the campus. Very nice indeed!
Back to top Go down
sstodvictory

sstodvictory

Registration date : 2009-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Tetrad of White Bar pots   Tetrad of White Bar pots EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 4:41 pm

About the photographs, under that sheepskin pad is the steering wheel of my car. I park at some angle to the sun that makes for indirect lighting, or else choose an overcast day, then drape the pad between my torso and the steering wheel and shoot away. Having this neutral background helps, and a 0.5x screw-on closeup lens doesn't hurt either.

Steve
Back to top Go down
eon

eon

Registration date : 2011-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Tetrad of White Bar pots   Tetrad of White Bar pots EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 7:11 pm

Ha! I would never have thought! Razz

Somebody crouching outside the frame balancing between a sheepskin and a steering wheel is not exactly what comes to mind by looking at the quality of the shots.

Nice work!
Back to top Go down

Tetrad of White Bar pots
Page 1 of 1