HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Sad news for members of the old Knox board

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
gospelman

Registration date : 2007-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Sad news for members of the old Knox board   Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:06 am

Very sad news indeed. The Brotherhood is poorer now for the loss, but I and all who had contact, (internet or otherwise) with TJ are richer for the experience.

When I first joined up on the old Knox Board, I wasn't exactly a newb to pipe smoking, but my choice of tobaco was pretty much limited to Captain Black. Through counseling from people like TJ, Vito, Sailorman Jack, and many others, my tobacco horizons expanded tremendously. But beyond that, the friendship and comraderie extended by those gentlemen was priceless.

I find the same spirit alive and well on this board, and I am so thankful for it (even though I don't get on here as much as I should!).

RIP my brother.

Mike
Back to top Go down
View user profile
puros_bran
Nightrider

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Sad news for members of the old Knox board   Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:30 am

He's still on the top ten poster list...
If anyone that didn't know him wants a glimpse just go up to 'memberlist' sort by 'pist count' click on hid name and over on the right there's a find all topics button.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vito

PostSubject: Re: Sad news for members of the old Knox board   Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:08 am

Carlos wrote:
"End? No, the journey doesn’t end here. Death is just another path… One that we all must take. The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass… And then you see it.

White shores… and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise."
"That doesn't sound so bad."

jocolor
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.vitotuxedo.com/VitoSpace/Home/=index.html
Carlos
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sad news for members of the old Knox board   Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:38 am

Vito wrote:
Carlos wrote:
"End? No, the journey doesn’t end here. Death is just another path… One that we all must take. The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass… And then you see it.

jocolor

From Lord of the Rings. A line by Gandalf. Actually part of a conversation.

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vito

PostSubject: Re: Sad news for members of the old Knox board   Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:26 am

Carlos wrote:
Vito wrote:
Carlos wrote:

jocolor

From Lord of the Rings. A line by Gandalf. Actually part of a conversation.
Right...a conversation between Gandalf and Pippin during the siege of Minas Tirith (in the movie). Actually, Pippin replies, "That isn't so bad", to which Gandalf answers, "No, it isn't."

I don't have any idea what it's really like, of course, and no one else does either. No one comes back with a video and a detailed report. Nevertheless, I speculate that TJ is beyond pain and suffering. I suspect that the only ones who are hurting are those of us who miss his curmudgeonly, shit-stirring presence.

jocolor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sad news for members of the old Knox board   Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:00 am

Veet wrote:
I don't have any idea what it's really like, of course, and no one else does either. No one comes back with a video and a detailed report.
There is no shortage of accounts by people who were revived after being clinically "dead" (hospital flatlines and so forth), recounting essentially the same experience, independently of each other, and not infrequently with no previous awareness of other accounts.

The uniformity and congruence of these either indicates what's there, or gets dismissed with something like "the plural of anecdote is not data."

The approach determines the outcome.

What a Face

Back to top Go down
Vito

PostSubject: Re: Sad news for members of the old Knox board   Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:53 am

Yak wrote:
The approach determines the outcome.
Coming from you, that pegs the irony meter.

jocolor
Back to top Go down

Sad news for members of the old Knox board
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2