HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Greatest Generation Redux

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Terry292

Registration date : 2009-04-14

PostSubject: Greatest Generation Redux   Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:39 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1363432/85-year-old-U-S-Army-sniper-veteran-proves-lost-skills-picks-target-1-000-yards.html

Once you have it, you never loose it. Even on my best day, with the best scope and weapon, I couldn't match this, and I'm almost 30 years younger.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Canvasback

Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Generation Redux   Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:24 pm

Ted Gundy lives 16 miles from my home. When I was growing up he would take all the kids that wanted to learn marksmanship to the range and work with us day after day until we had it right. He is a legend in our part of the world. The real treat was when he would take you deer hunting, I was fortunate to go with him three times. He is just as unassuming in real life as he was in the film. When I came down on orders for Viet Nam he gave me the knife that he carried in WWII. I always felt that his knife was one of the things that brought me home alive. I tried to return the knife to him but he said "It's your knife now". He is in frail health now and is one I remember in my prayers. He is a true living hero.

Rodney
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Greatest Generation Redux
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1