HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

where to order a new stem

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jay_Williams

Registration date : 2011-03-16

PostSubject: where to order a new stem   Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:47 pm

does anyone know where i can order a 3/4 bent round stem? just plain and simple wanna order a new stem for one of my briar's

any good links?
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=501583141
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: where to order a new stem   Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:00 am

Hey dude. You can order replacement stems from many of the well stocked e-tailers. The trouble is that in most cases they wont fit well unless youīre very, very lucky. Stems are most often fitted individually to specific pipes. I have several pipes of exactly the same model where the stems are virtually identical but will only fit the one itīs made for. They look the same, and in theory should fit all, but they donīt. So I donīt recommend going that way.

Your best bet is to send it to a reputable repair guy and have one made. There are several here on this very board as a matter of fact. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harlock999

Registration date : 2010-10-22

PostSubject: Re: where to order a new stem   Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:47 am

MisterE wrote:
Hey dude. You can order replacement stems from many of the well stocked e-tailers. The trouble is that in most cases they wont fit well unless youīre very, very lucky. Stems are most often fitted individually to specific pipes. I have several pipes of exactly the same model where the stems are virtually identical but will only fit the one itīs made for. They look the same, and in theory should fit all, but they donīt. So I donīt recommend going that way.

Your best bet is to send it to a reputable repair guy and have one made. There are several here on this very board as a matter of fact. Wink

Yeah, I agree. I've had more luck swapping necks on guitars than mixing and matching pipe stems.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

where to order a new stem
Page 1 of 1