HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

RE: Ken Collins

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ames2465

Registration date : 2011-04-02

PostSubject: RE: Ken Collins   Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:39 pm

Hi all,

I apologize for signing up without being a pipe smoker. However, Ken Collins was and will always be my stepfather. My name is Amy Anderson, I met Ken when I was 3 years old and the first thing I ever did was kick him in the shins lol.... I saw all of the wonderful things posted about him and it couldn't help but bring a tear to my eye how he touched everyone even here. I and my mother appreciate all the kind things that everyone here has said about him. It is very comforting to see how people responded to what happened to Ken and even more comforting to read things people say about him that I already knew about his kindness and willingness to give. I just wanted to extend my heartfelt thanks to everyone here as I know he loved his pipe club. As some of you said, I'm sure he would be upset about people fussing, hell I'm sure he'd be upset about ME fussing. But it was all definitely appreciated. I love how all of you honored his memory and will remember the things said about him whenever I think of him.

Thanks very much for reading.

~Amy Anderson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hobie1dog

Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: RE: Ken Collins   Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:29 am

Welcome to the forum Amy, stick around and post up more stories about Ken for us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harlock999

Registration date : 2010-10-22

PostSubject: Re: RE: Ken Collins   Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:03 am

hobie1dog wrote:
Welcome to the forum Amy, stick around and post up more stories about Ken for us.

That would be nice.
Thank you Amy, for taking the time to talk to the forum about Ken.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carlos
Admin

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: RE: Ken Collins   Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:06 am

Welcome to the board Amy. I hope you and your mother are well. I was fortunate to have spoken with Ken in December. Woke him from a nap I think. He spoke with a smile in his voice. He was pleased that someone called. Even for so brief a time. Come and visit us anytime.

sunny

"Never turn your back on a Breen".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
skaukatt

Registration date : 2007-12-26

PostSubject: Re: RE: Ken Collins   Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:10 pm

Thank you and welcome, Amy. Your post is much appreciated and it is quite obvious from your heartfelt post that you share the same kind heart as our beloved Ken. Although I never met him in person, the interactions on this group has brought people together who might not ever have hooked up otherwise and as a result, we become "friends". That's the beauty of sites such as this and our beloved pipe hobby in particular.

Indeed, stick around and say hello from time to time. I'm so sorry for your loss and hope that you and your mom are doing OK.

Lou
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.newyorkpipeclub.com
mark
Admin

Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: RE: Ken Collins   Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:46 pm

Ken was a generous man sharing information, knowledge, experiences and opinions with us. He was held in high regard by everyone here, and when he spoke, we all listened. I only knew him through this board but always felt he was the type of guy I could sit down with, light up a pipe and feel right at home.

Sometimes I wake up grumpy. Other times I let her sleep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

RE: Ken Collins
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brothers of Briar :: Community :: Community In Action-
Jump to: