HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Easiest way to send samples to friends

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Natch

Natch

Registration date : 2007-12-21

Easiest way to send samples to friends Empty
PostSubject: Easiest way to send samples to friends   Easiest way to send samples to friends EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 1:36 pm

If you're sending just a half-ounce or less (a couple bowls) for someone to try, I seal it up in a snack sized Ziplock, spread it out in about half the bag as flat as you can, fold the bag over, slip into a three-fold sheet of paper, staple or tape the edges of the paper and slide into a standard sized envelope.

I've found it ends up rather flat (i.e. a machine can meter it) the sheet of paper with the closed ends keeps it flat and centered, and the cost is usually about 20-30 cents more than a standard letter. For years I've been putting samples in smaller manila envelopes or small boxes and it always jumps up to $2 or more. Works especially well with whole flakes.

Natch
Back to top Go down
RealtorFrank

RealtorFrank

Registration date : 2010-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Easiest way to send samples to friends   Easiest way to send samples to friends EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 1:37 pm

Thanks for the tip, will be good to know next time I send some out!
Back to top Go down
http://www.franksellsnashville.com/
MisterE
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Easiest way to send samples to friends   Easiest way to send samples to friends EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 1:12 am

Natch´s packing tecnique is impressive- I think he´s an engineer at heart. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Hermit

Hermit

Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Easiest way to send samples to friends   Easiest way to send samples to friends EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 3:57 am

MisterE wrote:
Natch´s packing tecnique is impressive- I think he´s an engineer at heart. Laughing

I've done the same.
I'm not an engineer, but I have worked in shipping. lol!
Back to top Go down

Easiest way to send samples to friends
Page 1 of 1