Two new Yakslon pipes join the party

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Frost

Frost

Registration date : 2009-12-31

Two new Yakslon pipes join the party Empty
PostSubject: Two new Yakslon pipes join the party   Two new Yakslon pipes join the party EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 7:30 am

Picked e'm up from the Post office yesterday. Very happy!

Two new Yakslon pipes join the party Img_1110Two new Yakslon pipes join the party Img_1111Two new Yakslon pipes join the party Img_1112Two new Yakslon pipes join the party Img_1113
Back to top Go down
CLRV

CLRV

Registration date : 2010-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Two new Yakslon pipes join the party   Two new Yakslon pipes join the party EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 7:36 am

Really beautiful pipes Frost. Yak knows how to carve a pipe.
Back to top Go down
Harlock999

Harlock999

Registration date : 2010-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Two new Yakslon pipes join the party   Two new Yakslon pipes join the party EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 8:41 am

Beautiful! cheers
Back to top Go down
mark
Admin
mark

Registration date : 2008-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Two new Yakslon pipes join the party   Two new Yakslon pipes join the party EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 10:31 am

Classic gorgeous,,,

Sometimes I wake up grumpy. Other times I let her sleep.
Back to top Go down
Tim_Haggerty

Tim_Haggerty

Registration date : 2010-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Two new Yakslon pipes join the party   Two new Yakslon pipes join the party EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 10:56 am

Great pipes. I like that rustication on the Bulldog a lot.
Back to top Go down
eon

eon

Registration date : 2011-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Two new Yakslon pipes join the party   Two new Yakslon pipes join the party EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 12:47 pm

Ha, the birdseye on that Bull is like What a Face

And the grain on that Canada like bounce

Good acquisition mate! Do let us know if these beauties smoke as nice as they look, eh?
Back to top Go down
Frost

Frost

PostSubject: Re: Two new Yakslon pipes join the party   Two new Yakslon pipes join the party EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 1:16 pm

Time will tell the true tale on the smoking, but I did have half a bowl of Kendal Kentucky in the bulldog on the way to work this morning and it was damn fine Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MisterE
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Two new Yakslon pipes join the party   Two new Yakslon pipes join the party EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 4:01 pm

Dude you GOT that one!!! Is it a Lumberman or Lovat? I can't tell in these photos if the shank is oval or round. I loved that one especially and was thinking of getting it myself. You beat me to it though it looks. cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Frost

Frost

PostSubject: Re: Two new Yakslon pipes join the party   Two new Yakslon pipes join the party EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 5:12 pm

Yeah I got it Laughing .

These were ones I special ordered to console myself for not being able to get to Chicago this year.

It's got a round shank, but as to Lumberman vs Lovat I'm not even sure if I ever knew that was the deciding factor between the two. Yuriy called it a lumbermam. That's good enough for me, so I do too Very Happy
Back to top Go down
deepbass9

deepbass9

Registration date : 2011-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Two new Yakslon pipes join the party   Two new Yakslon pipes join the party EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 8:13 pm

Those be some fine looking briars you got there! Love the lumberman, and the man knows his 'dogs/rhodesians. I see plenty of happy smoking in your lucky future; enjoy 'em!
Back to top Go down
cigarstorejay

cigarstorejay

Registration date : 2011-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Two new Yakslon pipes join the party   Two new Yakslon pipes join the party EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 6:17 pm

I love the way the Buddha looks like it is jumping out of the bowl in the last pic. Was that intention or just a serendipitous good shot? cheers
Back to top Go down
Frost

Frost

PostSubject: Re: Two new Yakslon pipes join the party   Two new Yakslon pipes join the party EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 10:08 pm

That was actually just dumb luck (guess it really is a good luck charm). I had like 3 or 4 pics of it...couldn't decide which one to keep until I realized he was doin his stripper in a birthday cake impression & decided to use that one Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MisterE
MisterE

Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Two new Yakslon pipes join the party   Two new Yakslon pipes join the party EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 2:07 pm

Frost wrote:
Yeah I got it Laughing .

These were ones I special ordered to console myself for not being able to get to Chicago this year.

It's got a round shank, but as to Lumberman vs Lovat I'm not even sure if I ever knew that was the deciding factor between the two. Yuriy called it a lumbermam. That's good enough for me, so I do too Very Happy

If it´s got the round shank it´s a Lovat. Either way it´s a beaut. Congrats, and next time I won´t "think about it" for so long....

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
MartinH

MartinH

Registration date : 2011-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Two new Yakslon pipes join the party   Two new Yakslon pipes join the party EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 6:08 pm

Very nice PAD my friend. I am not a big fan of bulldogs, myself, but that one looks even nice to me.

I'm having to severely limit by PAD right now. Sad Saving for a Mother's Day present.

Back to top Go down
http://www.pipereviews.org
sand18f

sand18f

Registration date : 2011-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Two new Yakslon pipes join the party   Two new Yakslon pipes join the party EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 6:21 am

My two favorite shapes. Sweet!!!
Back to top Go down
dshpipes

dshpipes

Registration date : 2011-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Two new Yakslon pipes join the party   Two new Yakslon pipes join the party EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 7:49 am

Those are both gorgeous pipes! Great acquisitions, there. Enjoy them!
Back to top Go down
http://www.dshpipes.com
YakSlon

YakSlon

Registration date : 2009-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Two new Yakslon pipes join the party   Two new Yakslon pipes join the party EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 6:36 am

Frost wrote:
Yeah I got it Laughing .

I was wrong, Adam. Round his pipe, it is still Lovat ...:-) Good photo!
Back to top Go down
Schacht

Schacht

Registration date : 2011-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Two new Yakslon pipes join the party   Two new Yakslon pipes join the party EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 11:22 am

My compliments! Those are both simply beautiful. I love especially the Lovat for its remarkable proportion and accomplished design.

(I´m not sure about my english but I hope you´ll understand what I have in mind)
Back to top Go down
http://www.thiloschacht.de/Schachttoene_Studiobilder/index.html
i.keenum

i.keenum

Registration date : 2011-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Two new Yakslon pipes join the party   Two new Yakslon pipes join the party EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 12:53 am

were did you get that canadian it is ablsolutely beautiful, just one of those pipes you see and think "i gotta have one made by that guy". i googled yakslon and could not find anything.
Back to top Go down
http://ian.keenum@gmail.com
YakSlon

YakSlon

PostSubject: Re: Two new Yakslon pipes join the party   Two new Yakslon pipes join the party EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 1:31 am

i.keenum wrote:
were did you get that canadian it is ablsolutely beautiful, just one of those pipes you see and think "i gotta have one made by that guy". i googled yakslon and could not find anything.

Hmmm ... some you Google wrong... Laughing I gave it a bunch of links, though most in the Russian-speaking forums and websites. Not surprisingly, I'm from Ukraine ... :-) Laughing
Back to top Go down
i.keenum

i.keenum

Registration date : 2011-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Two new Yakslon pipes join the party   Two new Yakslon pipes join the party EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 7:49 am

Ah thanks could you post a link.for me
Back to top Go down
http://ian.keenum@gmail.com
YakSlon

YakSlon

PostSubject: Re: Two new Yakslon pipes join the party   Two new Yakslon pipes join the party EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 8:03 am

i.keenum wrote:
Ah thanks could you post a link.for me

Well ... to start Very Happy
and more ... , or so ....
This is the "Armenian" forum, pipeclub.info

Adam, I'm sorry that your thread ...
Back to top Go down
Frost

Frost

PostSubject: Re: Two new Yakslon pipes join the party   Two new Yakslon pipes join the party EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 10:06 am

No problem Yuriy Smile

It pleases me to think that my little picture thread can help to get someone else interested in purchasing one of your pipes.

(Even though I suspect the truth is that pipes as good as yours can pretty much sell themselves)
Back to top Go down
AlanJohn

AlanJohn

Registration date : 2011-07-22

PostSubject: Two new Yakslon pipes join the party   Two new Yakslon pipes join the party EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 2:13 pm

Great looking pipes, especially the first one. How do they smoke is the real question? Cool I'll bet?
Back to top Go down
Frost

Frost

PostSubject: Re: Two new Yakslon pipes join the party   Two new Yakslon pipes join the party EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 4:57 pm

They smoke damn well as a matter of fact. Just starting to really get broken in a little bit now. Nice carbon on the walls, starting to really bring out the flavor of their chosen blends quite well. With the bulldog I was torn a bit at first betwen GH Kendall Kentucky and John Patton's Storm Front. Both blends seem to smoke well in it, and I went back and forth a couple of bowls each before settling on the Storm Front, which makes for a reliably fantastic smoke in this bulldog.

The lovat I had initially used for John Pattons Va Squire, but after deciding that Va Squire really does do best in cobs (although it was quite good in Yuriy's pipe also), I now use the Lovat for slowly working my way through a couple ounces of Stonehaven that I was lucky enough to come across. This seems to be the perfect pairing so far. Hopefully I'll be able to replenish my supply of Stonehaven before what I have runs out, but if not I'll figure out something else I'm sure.

I've never had an issue with either pipe getting hot, but I smoke pretty slowly most of the time. Both always provide a cool smoke and excellent flavor, and the draw is perfect on both. The bits comfortable. Both are very light & well balanced, the lovat extremely so. Both on the small side compared to alot of what you see these days, but they are perfectly sized for my tastes.
Back to top Go down

Two new Yakslon pipes join the party
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next