HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  
Share | 

Boston mayor bans soda, sports drinks and sweet tea

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
forsooth

Registration date : 2011-01-12

PostSubject: Boston mayor bans soda, sports drinks and sweet tea   Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:59 am

Boston Mayor Thomas Menino has banned soda, sports drinks and sweetened ice teas from city property, according to a recent government press release.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doc Manhattan

Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Boston mayor bans soda, sports drinks and sweet tea   Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:32 am

It looks to me what the mayor actually ordered was that vendors on city property will no longer sell soft drinks with sugar.Nobody's going to get popped by the Vice Squad for drinking a Mr. Pibb in the park.

The free market and a few actuarial tables will quickly sort out whether or not this was a good move.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tobaccocellar.org/tinlist.php?cellar=808
hobie1dog

Registration date : 2010-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Boston mayor bans soda, sports drinks and sweet tea   Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:05 pm

Gotta love it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
skaukatt

Registration date : 2007-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Boston mayor bans soda, sports drinks and sweet tea   Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:18 pm

Is smoking still allowed in the Common?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.newyorkpipeclub.com
docwatson

Registration date : 2008-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Boston mayor bans soda, sports drinks and sweet tea   Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:13 pm

Hey Lou,
Yes, smoking is still allowed on the common, but who knows for how long???
As a matter of fact the annual hemp festival which should be happening soon will surely smoke up the common. LOL
Mayor MUMBLES Menino is a typical Boston liberal AH in my not so humble opinion.
Doc
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slow Puffs
Resident Sportscaster

Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Boston mayor bans soda, sports drinks and sweet tea   Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:32 am

It's becoming common for middle/high schools to have vending machines that feature only nutritional snacks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Boston mayor bans soda, sports drinks and sweet tea
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1